Ranger related discussions! 

*Note: You can participate in guild discussions regardless of your chosen guild. 

A jack-of-all-trades, Rangers are well-equipped for any situation. You're good at strength training and pretty good at covering distances when required, but neither is a specialty.

* Fictional example: Jon Snow (Game of Thrones), Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games), Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)

* Real-world example:  Mat Fraser, multi-times CrossFIt Games champion; Sara Sigmundsdottir, CrossFit competitor.

* Typical Activities: CrossFit, High Intensity Interval Training, general mixed training (running and lifting, for example)

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

walks in and looks around...nice place we have here, but it's missing...something 🤔

Oh yes...

That's better :D 

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 7

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Good to see this place back here. Let us call the battlecry of the Rangers!

do-all-the-things.jpg

• Haha 4
  • That's Metal 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!

On 12/28/2023 at 9:38 PM, RES said:

walks in and looks around...nice place we have here, but it's missing...something 🤔

Oh yes...

That's better :D 

I just had an impromptu karaoke and dance party for one, THANK YOU!

On 12/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, spezzy said:

* Typical Activities: CrossFit, High Intensity Interval Training, general mixed training (running and lifting, for example)

And taking on far too many hobbies and activities than is strictly necessary because choosing between them is simply not an option :P 

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

Good to see this place back here. Let us call the battlecry of the Rangers!

do-all-the-things.jpg

Along with my favourite gif when starting any shenanigans...

b26ae323e79e21cbb0d84ea7839585fe909947f6  

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 4

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Aragorn in the house! 😎

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Elastigirl wanders into the hall, waving excitedly to everyone.  "I had forgotten this place was even here!" What rangerly things are people up to these days?  I'm focusing more on weight lifting at the moment. I bought myself a pair of adjustable dumbbells, and am excited to see how heavy I can start lifting.

• Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

8 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

It is reaaaalllly quiet in here...

"Huh, who said that?" *A bleary eyed ranger starts from where she was sleeping curled into an armchair and grins* "Company! Welcome!"

• Like 5

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Elastigirl wanders into the hall, waving excitedly to everyone.  "I had forgotten this place was even here!" What rangerly things are people up to these days?  I'm focusing more on weight lifting at the moment. I bought myself a pair of adjustable dumbbells, and am excited to see how heavy I can start lifting.

I got a set for Xmas! Nerve damage in my neck keeps me from going too heavy but nice to see how much I am able to do :) 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Oh hey, hadn't noticed this one!

You have been a bit occupied ;) 

Spoiler