Forums are back in action! ×

Found a CP 110-ish Gastly in a corner of my office building and a CP 67 Abra hiding out back =) 

I'm also veeeery close to evolving my Kakuna into a Beedrill. Shouldn't be long now, just need one more Weedle catch!

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |

2 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Yeah, the gyms are getting nuts it the more populated areas. There's a team of 5 blues that take over the two by my house every night, getting the gyms to level 6 and all Pokémon in them being CP 600-1200. I wanna join in, but I don't have a Pokémon to be able to train the gyms up another level.

For serious. The ones on the campus I work at are CRAZY. I blame this on the fact that this is a large university that has plenty of Pokemon Go players that live here and also that have breaks to wander etc during the day. I have determined there is little point to me even trying at the gyms on campus! 

The one at my grocery store, however, is still reasonable so now somehow my grocery trips take longer than usual. =P And the store is so good for pokemon catching of different stuff than what I usually get around my work so WOOHOO.

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Just joined Team Valor, last night!

Of course, looking at my name, of course I'd go with the Red team :P

• Like 5

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

1 hour ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

For serious. The ones on the campus I work at are CRAZY. I blame this on the fact that this is a large university that has plenty of Pokemon Go players that live here and also that have breaks to wander etc during the day. I have determined there is little point to me even trying at the gyms on campus! 

The one at my grocery store, however, is still reasonable so now somehow my grocery trips take longer than usual. =P And the store is so good for pokemon catching of different stuff than what I usually get around my work so WOOHOO.

From what I've read, you don't actually have to hold a gym the entire 21 hours to get the bonus. It seems just putting a defender up get the bonus and a countdown timer for 21 hours.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

10 minutes ago, Hazard said:

There is no greater rebuke to the assholes of history than to create happiness everywhere.

This was kind of how I felt about people in Arlington, I can see the respect angle, but having been military, if I was buried there, I'd want people enjoying and celebrating the freedoms fought for. Hell, put a beer truck and a Pikachu on my grave...but we also wore Hawaiian shirts and leis to my brothers funeral so we are a different bunch in my family.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

1 hour ago, insanity said:

From what I've read, you don't actually have to hold a gym the entire 21 hours to get the bonus. It seems just putting a defender up get the bonus and a countdown timer for 21 hours.

Yup! 

Also if you have multiple people attacking a gym at once, the defenders take damage from all attackers, so you can actually get them down quicker. If you are facing a behemoth of a gym, bring some friends and RAID THAT SHIT. B)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

Today my grocery haul was potatoes, watermelon, beef jerky, kale, a bulbasaur, and a pidgey <3

My grocery trip bagged: 2 eevees, 2 rattatta, 1 pidgeotto, 6 pidgey, 2 oddish, 1 venonat, 1 poliwag, and 1 hatched magikarp.

Walmart don't play around. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

LET'S GO TEAM BLLLUUUEEEE ^_________^

There is a gym right next to my REAL gym - which is kind of perfect - that I'm going to check out next time I go.  Also going to hit up the beach Friday to try and get some neato watery-type Pokemans?!?!

(Also a Snorlax is currently ruling my local WalMart gym~)

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Had to restart this morning using Google because of the update but I'm still a baby and barely lvl 3. I did get a Pikachu in the beginning though, so that was fun. Can you join a team whenever or does it choose once you reach a certain level?

This game makes it easier to take my kiddos on hikes and walks, so if this app did anything, it did that :) 

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, RandMart said:

Except when there are clueless assholes wandering around a place of honor and remembrance, looking at their phones, oblivious to the images and artifacts of global tragedy all around them, looking for invisible beasties, for no good reason = it is FAR MORE disrespectful to the 6 million victims

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'Merica. 

You're welcome to your opinion here.  And people can play games on their phones in tax-financed public spaces.  This country is awesome like that.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Just now, Lifter5 said:

After level 5 you can choose a gym once you check into a gym.

Interesting. If I could go with my favorite color I would say Red Team, but we'll see what happens. Thanks Lifter :) 

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Red Team!  Woot! 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Okay Pokemoners, quit Pokemoming and driving. You're scaring the Hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That...is something I don't do. WAY TO DAMN DANGEROUS. Walking/Rucking Pokemoner only over here ;)

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Red Team!  Woot! 

Oh, well if LadyShello is on Red Team then I definitely choose that. Stick with an Amazonian princess and nothing can go wrong :)

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Okay Pokemoners, quit Pokemoming and driving. You're scaring the Hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right?!  I went out yesterday and gave my phone to my daughter and taught her how to catch some for me. :)  It's like a designated driver only the other way around... 

1 minute ago, Wild Wolf said:

Oh, well if LadyShello is on Red Team then I definitely choose that. Stick with an Amazonian princess and nothing can go wrong :)

Wolf

and with a Wild Wolf on the same team?  No one can beat us... although, it would help if we were in the same area so we could team up at the same gym and take over... 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Team Blueeeee! I have 2 gyms almost right next to each other near my house, so I often take short walk over to see what I can do. My team isn't dominant in the area, so there's a lot of fun back and forth in low powered gyms. I'm excited to see what will be around my new job, it's at a university, so I'm expecting lots of other players.

My husband seems to be the one who is really addicted, and he isn't even playing. He only has a smart phone through work, so doesn't want to install it.  But I get several texts a day asking if I've been to the gym yet (and he doesn't mean working out) and he comes home and checks what pokemon I've caught. He's also been the driving force behind two evening walks after he asked me "are there any good pokemon nearby?"

I've noticed that the further I get from my house, the more pokemon I see (further grocery stores vs closer ones, etc). Is this just coincidence, or are other people seeing this too? I could see it being used as an encouragement to explore.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

2 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

and with a Wild Wolf on the same team?  No one can beat us... although, it would help if we were in the same area so we could team up at the same gym and take over... 

DANGIT!! Why you make me sad you so far away :( 

Y-U-No.jpg

It's ok, we wont let a little distant deter our reign of supremacy! 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Interesting. If I could go with my favorite color I would say Red Team, but we'll see what happens. Thanks Lifter :) 

Wolf

I was going to say, "You BETTER be on Red Team!"

cacab9953a4d3b3cc804dc0641420f78bfec6ca4

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm going against the grain here and chose yellow... And apparently against my name too!

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Pokemon Go Storytime.

Taking an evening stroll with my xenomorph to get him to sleep while catching monsters. At the end of the street that I start my walk, there are two poke gyms right next to each other (one at a hospital, the other police HQ). Both gyms are sporting red so I had time to mull over which one to go to and sacrifice my ponyta which I have lovingly call Apocalypse. While the HQ has a pokestop, its after hours and no soul but the line of cop cars. I decide it seems a little more active at hospital and I look like a shining beacon in a bright red stroller.

I get to the hospital and just hit the edge of the gym that the doors open. BOOM. Spearow. Abra. Marowak. Cubone. My incubated egg hatches. 

Within seconds around a corner, a police officer turns the corner. Phone in hand. We smile to each other, give a nod or some greeting I do not remember but it was quiet. I am already in battle trying to get Marowak. I have to face the building to catch this little bastard and notice the officer is only a few feet away from me. Back to me. Not a single word from him, only soft curses from me. 

I am standing in front of a hospital for over 5 minutes that was once suppose to be a quick gym death drop off. When I finally see nothing around me to catch, I turn my munchkin mobile and at that moment, so did the officer. Another smile, and we go walking in the direction we came.

While I did not catch his cellphone screen, pretty sure he was playing as before I lost sight of the location we were standing at, he was back in the same area staring at his phone.

• Like 4