Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

On 5/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, Harriet said:

That's almost four kilos... that's pretty great, surely?

I'm not complaining about the first two weeks, but with the effort I put in, I'd have liked to see the scale move more in the last two weeks. Especially last week... ?

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

squat steak. clean & jerky. press flesh. bench beef. lunge lunchmeat.

Thank goodness it's finally breakfast time... if I wasn't starving before, I sure am now!  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

I'm not complaining about the first two weeks, but with the effort I put in, I'd have liked to see the scale move more in the last two weeks. Especially last week... ?

Our weight should absolutely reflect our intentions and effort and not our calories or any number of other factors. Darned disobedient weight.

53 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Thank goodness it's finally breakfast time... if I wasn't starving before, I sure am now!  ?

I hope it's (l)egg day ?

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I've been so bad about checking in here, mostly because my scale has been moving in the wrong direction....

I  can't blame it, I haven't been doing things I should, but I'm super stoked about all the progress everyone else has been making!! 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 5/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, TimovieMan said:

View it as your body settling in maybe, and you keeping it going to push past!

---

Two weeks of meal prep, scale going in wrong direction. 

My wallet is appreciating my weekly batch cooking, along with my stress levels. 

This week I discovered my old NF Academy account has a large amount of recipes..... Over 5 years to wrap my head around that. 

Found I have little patience to MFP meal prep, so hoping my paleofied meal prep will do the trick!

• Like 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

On 5/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Visuals like these always blew my mind.

Fat vs. Muscle: Understanding The Truth Behind The Images   But muscle is heavier than fat, right? | by Juliette Norman |  LifestylesFitness | Medium

I legit visualize this on my body when I'm considering weight loss.  It's also a helpful reminder that even though I carry most of my excess weight around my midsection, there's a little bit of that covering all of my muscles.  And I want to see more of those muscles.  So we grind.  ?

Wowza I need to see this especially with my slower paced weightloss this time around. 

My knees are enjoying the 20 lb drop I'm able to keep off. .. just want one more of those slabs of fat to fall off soon!

• Like 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

I have been succumbing to snacks, but not dreadfully, just enough to slow the weight loss. Currently nearly 8 pounds and nearly 3 inches down. Not bad. My tight jeans are now my loose jeans, and I feel I look a lot better--slimmer, more muscular, less squishy. Still a bit squishy, but less urgently so. I have been making the same meals over and over, and they all come out to around 400cal, so I think I might stop counting for a few days and just use some rules of thumb to see if I can arrive at my intended daily calories. This means I need to be stricter about snacks, though. I'm going to try to keep non-meal calories for after dinner, and keep them to the planned amount. I've figured out what portions in each of my snackiest foods will amount to what calorie counts.

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

3 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I have been succumbing to snacks, but not dreadfully, just enough to slow the weight loss. Currently nearly 8 pounds and nearly 3 inches down. Not bad. My tight jeans are now my loose jeans, and I feel I look a lot better--slimmer, more muscular, less squishy. Still a bit squishy, but less urgently so. I have been making the same meals over and over, and they all come out to around 400cal, so I think I might stop counting for a few days and just use some rules of thumb to see if I can arrive at my intended daily calories. This means I need to be stricter about snacks, though. I'm going to try to keep non-meal calories for after dinner, and keep them to the planned amount. I've figured out what portions in each of my snackiest foods will amount to what calorie counts.

Sounds like a good plan

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sunday check in  and the judgement machine was kind, despise inhaling an entire pizza last night (oops) my on-point rest of the week was able to offset it.

Down an even kilo, that’s two tins of tomatoes, or this bag of dried lentils:

F85F94BE-BEDF-45B7-8174-31C210F17F4D.jpeg

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Sunday check in  and the judgement machine was kind, despise inhaling an entire pizza last night (oops) my on-point rest of the week was able to offset it.

Down an even kilo, that’s two tins of tomatoes, or this bag of dried lentils:

Excellent lentil loss!

• Thanks 1

Start weight: 106.8 kg

Start waist: 114 cm

25/04 weight: 105.1 kg (-1.7 kg)

02/05 weight: 103.3 kg (-1.8 kg)

02/05 waist: 111 cm (-3 cm)

09/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-0.2 kg)

16/05 weight: 103.1 kg (-)

16/05 waist: 111 cm (-)

23/05 weight: 101.2 kg (-1.9 kg)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

Been on the weight loss PvP since Jan, and I've often experienced a plateau and then a woosh. Hooray for a woosh!

And speaking of plateaus... I'm still staying somewhere between 74.5 and 75kg. Which is not too bad, considering I've not really been counting calories the last few weeks. I think it's been good to maintain for a wee while. I've also had a lot of migraines that seem to come on while I'm hungry, so didn't want to be restricting myself at all really.

BUT! It's time to get back on the wagon and try to truly lose that last 0.5-1kg. Have decided to follow this for a bit: https://www.eatingwell.com/article/289024/7-day-vegetarian-meal-plan-1500-calories/

1500 is slightly below what I should be eating, so going to add in some protein powder to things to bring it up to somewhere around 1700. It's quite a different eating routine than I'm used to (I usually basically eat two meals a day with a snack). But I think little and often might help out with these migraines. Let's see how we go!

• Like 4

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

2 hours ago, Keladris said:

Been on the weight loss PvP since Jan, and I've often experienced a plateau and then a woosh. Hooray for a woosh!

All previous plateaus in my weight loss challenges (three years ago, mostly) had a logical reason for being a plateau. I didn't really have one the previous two weeks, which was rather frustrating. But yeah, hooray for a woosh! ?

• Like 1

Weighed in at 213lbs today, down 3lbs from last week, but still 4lbs above my starting weight.  I'm doing some calorie/macro adjustment to make my weight-loss more sustainable so I'm just going to focus the rest of this PVP on getting closer to my starting weight and putting some good consistent effort into the next one, which will be starting up as soon as the current challenge ends.  For anyone wondering.  ;) 

• Like 4

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Forgot to record weight last week, 

I started to log in MFP again, just to get a bit more data.

I was feeling really down and exhausted Friday, which I had blamed on a poor night's sleep, but felt amazing after a takeout meal (that normally I wouldn't have been able to finish without being stuffed, but finished and was still hungry enough for ice cream after), so looked at the MFP numbers and realized I'm drastically under eating (which was not a surprise anyway, and partially why I wanted to start logging). 

After another yolo night on Saturday, I'm maintaining around 149, so my goal for this week is to up my calories a bit and really focus on protein and getting some more carbs than I was (it's super easy for me to eat too few as I gravitate towards those food types anyway). I don't suspect this will result in any sort of weight gain, but we will see!

• Like 3
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
On 5/23/2021 at 11:18 AM, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

There it is!   The woosh was bound to show up eventually!

44 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

the next one, which will be starting up as soon as the current challenge ends.  For anyone wondering.  ;) 

Count me in! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week 0: 255.5

Week 1: 257.2 - START WEEK

Week 2: 256.4 (down 0.8)

Week 3: 252.6 (down 3.8)

Week 4: 253.6 (up 1.0)

Week 5: 254.4 (up 0.8)

Week 6: 253.0 (down 1.4)

Week 7: 251.6 (down 1.4)

Week 8: 249.6 (down 2.0)

Week 9: 250.2 (up 0.6)

I'm back up in the 250's but just hovering on the edge.  I had a family dinner the same day I broke through the 250's and I've struggled to get back and stay below it, although all the days surrounding Monday's weigh in were just barely back below the 250's.  I'm good with maintaining for the time being.  Life is taking up a lot of energy at the moment and I'm relying on the habits I've built to keep from getting derailed.  Maintaining is not a bad place to be.  Things should calm down the week after next.   In the meantime, a lot of good things are happening, my oldest graduated, my youngest has her dance recital, and some family is coming into town.   That's where my energy is.  

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

On 5/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, Shello said:

Life is taking up a lot of energy at the moment and I'm relying on the habits I've built to keep from getting derailed.  Maintaining is not a bad place to be.  

What a perfect philosophy for your moment in time.  Maintenance is just as important as your deficit.  If you can stay on track while you manage the life-energy, I'd say you're further ahead than stressing over the deficit or blowing your goals out of the water.  Good plan!

• Like 4

On 5/26/2021 at 6:55 AM, Shello said:

I'm good with maintaining for the time being.  Life is taking up a lot of energy at the moment and I'm relying on the habits I've built to keep from getting derailed.  Maintaining is not a bad place to be.  Things should calm down the week after next.   In the meantime, a lot of good things are happening, my oldest graduated, my youngest has her dance recital, and some family is coming into town.   That's where my energy is.  

That's really wise. It also keeps you from the all or nothing mentality,

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

30/05 weight: 100.1 kg (-1.1 kg)

30/05 waist: 109 cm (-2 cm)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I HIT MY GOALLL!

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

That last 0.5kg/1lb was stubborn as heck. I'm going to focus on slowly building up to maintenance level for the remainder of the challenge.

I look completely different. Waist is now measuring 28.5 and hips 39 inches. I've lost several inches from my legs and arms as well. Still carrying some fat on my thighs but I think it'd be very hard to lose that completely for me and I'm more than happy with the way I look now.

Thinking 6 months of maintenance and working on my push ups, and then we'll see where we're at! Maybe I'll come up with some new body goals by then, or maybe not. I know in the meantime I want to focus on upping my protein as I slowly build up my calories again. Need to support those muscles to get stronggg.

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

2 hours ago, Keladris said:

I HIT MY GOALLL!

That last 0.5kg/1lb was stubborn as heck. I'm going to focus on slowly building up to maintenance level for the remainder of the challenge.

I look completely different. Waist is now measuring 28.5 and hips 39 inches. I've lost several inches from my legs and arms as well. Still carrying some fat on my thighs but I think it'd be very hard to lose that completely for me and I'm more than happy with the way I look now.

Fantastic! Those are good measurements. And fat thighs are totally normal and life saving in times of famine, and buoyant in water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The day after my seeing 67 in the first time in decades - I jumped back up to the high 68's.  I know weight loss isn't linear.  Finished up the week at an acceptable 68.4.

I thought this was the final week so a bit bummed that I'd gone backwards but one more week to pull it out of the fire.

I've lost some cm but I'm not sure if the 6cm is accurate - my measuring always feels a little rubbery.  But regardless it is lower.

Let's get this last week done!

• Like 3

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Week 10: 249.4 (down 0.8)

I'm late to check in but I did weigh in Monday.  It records as an almost pound loss but I've been hovering around the same place for a couple weeks so it's really more like maintaining.  But that's still huge considering the busy life leading up to weigh in.   It's continued to be busy with plenty of parties and food.  It's finally over and as of this morning I have continued to maintain.  I plan to just rest and probably stick to maintenance, partly because there are lots of leftovers to get through, over the weekend and then I'll be ready to start again!  

• Like 4

Week 10: 249.4 (down 0.8)

Week 11: 248.0 (down 1.4)

Total Loss from Week 1: 9.2 pounds.  Finished up with a great week.  I'm not even sure how it happened.  I'm working my way through party leftovers and haven't been super concerned with challenge goals.  The only real changes this week was a reduction in stress and trying to increase freggies and other high quality foods even though it's still not at usual levels.  But I'm quite happy with the results.  9.2 pounds in 10 weeks.  

• Like 1