Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

On 12/29/2020 at 1:27 PM, KB Girl said:

Is it ok to fill out the spreadsheet in kg? 

Absolutely!  You do you.  ;) 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:28 PM, Elennare said:

My current plan is to go back to calorie counting, and exercise at least 3 times a week. Unless I get crazy and decide to do a Whole30. But, probably won't do that.

Not a damn thing wrong with keeping it simple but sustainable!

7 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Oh I’m so in. I was starting to think I’m the only one here who is largely motivated by vanity and physical appearance ? 

Um, hi.  My name is Rurik and I post pics of shirtless dudes as inspo in my challenge all the time...  #TeamVanityGo!

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

20 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Um, hi.  My name is Rurik and I post pics of shirtless dudes as inspo in my challenge all the time...  #TeamVanityGo!

I sense a double standard.  I need to start posting pics of shirtless ladies in my challenge for inspo  now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 minute ago, Shello said:

I sense a double standard.  I need to start posting pics of shirtless ladies in my challenge for inspo  now.

I support this idea.

(also I will be joining this PVP and I will have my stats in the spreadsheet at some point over the next few days)

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

On 12/30/2020 at 1:13 AM, Athena said:

Reveal hidden contents

Very few people are lucky that way, and even they don't *feel* lucky. In the sense of "oh people who store everything in their belly can accentuate their legs and not look as heavy, I cannot hide my legs and hips!"

And yeah, agreed that it really sucks whem a hormonal imbalance is on the table...

Whatever it all may be, you rock, we'll find a way! And get those thoughts out, vent, try not to internalise them. (I know some people like to use harsh language to motivate themselves, if that's the case, ignore me.) After all, Your body allows you to be here and makes awesome costumes that blow my socks off, so it's pretty cool ? (Again, ignore me if this is too sugary encouragement for you.) At least I try to counter such thoughts with: "ya know, brain, stress is bad for everything. INCLUDING losing weight. So... Shut it and let's get to problem-solving?"

?

Hopefully I quoted the right part of this, but yes.  This is helpful.  Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Not a damn thing wrong with keeping it simple but sustainable!

No, as long as it works, anyway.  Which is really the issue I keep running into.  I can't seem to find something that's sustainable for me that also works.  Best I seem to be able to do with sustainable is treading water. But I'm going to keep trying, and hopefully, somehow, find something that works that I can keep doing.

Took my measurements, and updated the spreadsheet.  Weight was right where I expected it to be, sadly (171.5).  Got a slight surprise with my waist, which was still at 35 inches.  And just because, I decided to measure around the fattest part of my belly, which is not at my waist, and it's 41 inches.  Might keep track of that as well, just for me, if nothing else.

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

18 minutes ago, Shello said:

My reaction to not making it a double standard is telling dudes to put shirts ON outside ? As jacked as they are. Don't do this to us. It is difficult enough staying off  of certain websites in lockdown. You know... Shoe shops, and the like.

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I doubt you'll hear much complaint, if my experiences are any indication ? and to be fair my last Momoa gif involved full clothing!

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

No, as long as it works, anyway.  Which is really the issue I keep running into.  I can't seem to find something that's sustainable for me that also works.  Best I seem to be able to do with sustainable is treading water. But I'm going to keep trying, and hopefully, somehow, find something that works that I can keep doing.

Took my measurements, and updated the spreadsheet.  Weight was right where I expected it to be, sadly (171.5).  Got a slight surprise with my waist, which was still at 35 inches.  And just because, I decided to measure around the fattest part of my belly, which is not at my waist, and it's 41 inches.  Might keep track of that as well, just for me, if nothing else.

The toughest part about the whole fitness journey is sustainability.  There are so many mindset shifts needed to be successful (and I'm nowhere near), but finding tools for your toolkit help so much.  I know I can go hungry all morning/afternoon but not around bedtime, so I intermittently fast until late afternoon so I can have a full belly at bedtime to avoid snacking, for example.  I know the longer I push a workout back, the less likely it is to happen... so I wake up, go for a walk, and workout as soon as I get home.  Also finding an activity you genuinely enjoy doing (and I honestly hate exercise) but I enjoy kickboxing and climbing, etc.  I'll binge anything unhealthy in the house, so my only available snacks are oatmeal or carrots.  It's all about building systems which work for you.  Keep trying!  We're all here to help and this environment is so nurturing for accountability too.

• Like 4

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Welp, I bit the bullet and bought a scale. Fuck. 

Two years or so ago, I was 75kg and hoping to drop a couple kilos. Now... if all goes to plan, at the end of this PvP, I might just get back to 75kg, or a little over it. I need this place more than I thought. 

• Like 3

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

17 minutes ago, Athena said:

My reaction to not making it a double standard is telling dudes to put shirts ON outside ? As jacked as they are. Don't do this to us. It is difficult enough staying off  of certain websites in lockdown. You know... Shoe shops, and the like.

I'm really less concerned with the double standard and just looking for an excuse to post i topless inspo pics.  

3 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I doubt you'll hear much complaint, if my experiences are any indication ? and to be fair my last Momoa gif involved full clothing!

Any Momoa pic is acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

22 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13407203

Jason Momoa GIFs That Make Us Feel Things – SheKnows

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Damn... that one is really on point, isn't it?  ?

• Haha 2

I'm half in. Going to try for a half a pound a week. My goal is to do it sustainably enough that at the end of the deficit I don't just gain it all back. I'm sort of trying a sneak attack method .Let's see how it works.

I'm using the eating skills from Josh Hillis's Eating Skills book. 

By the start of this challenge,  my goal is to  have a tracking system in place, and a reward system that will motivate me.

• Like 9

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Shello said:

I too support this idea :D 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I also followed DR here!

Abandoned all exercise and been free eating and drinking too much for a year.  Weighed in over 100kg for the first time ever.  Had to buy new clothes. 

Aiming for 1kg a week,  roughly 2 pounds. 

What's worked in the past is lots of walking and powerlifting. I used to be very into crossfit, with covid i don't want to go near a gym. Fortunately i have a power rack and platform in the garage.... it's very dusty.

I tend to do well when i know someone is watching and encouragement is a big motivator so I was happy to see this pvp. Thanks Rurik for organising it. 

Almost forgot... number 1 goal is no alcohol in January. Its the main cause of my weight gain and poor food decisions. 

• Like 9

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

21 hours ago, Endor said:

I also followed DR here!

Ah, my PvP nemesis has resurfaced. Now the game can really begin.

Hadn't posted any goals when I first signed up here, I'm going back to Zone Diet principles but also with a reduced intake and daily darebee workouts. Today is day 1, though for the PvP, things will start in Monday once I do my weigh in.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Ah, my PvP nemesis has resurfaced. Now the game can really begin.

Apparently this one is not a competition so when i beat you it won't count :P

Seriously though I'm a lot more relaxed this time,  not putting too much pressure on myself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

3 days with no booze, that's the longest streak for quite some time.  First inklings of clearer thinking and a tiny uptick in energy today after feeling crap the first 2 days. Also feeling less bloated.  From past experience this should get better and better as the month goes on... got to remember that!

• Like 9

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

9 hours ago, Endor said:

3 days with no booze, that's the longest streak for quite some time.  First inklings of clearer thinking and a tiny uptick in energy today after feeling crap the first 2 days. Also feeling less bloated.  From past experience this should get better and better as the month goes on... got to remember that!

The first three days are FOR SURE the hardest, so well done! Are you doing a dry January? I’m 5 weeks AF today and can confirm sleeping way better, too.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2
4 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

The first three days are FOR SURE the hardest, so well done! Are you doing a dry January? I’m 5 weeks AF today and can confirm sleeping way better, too.

5 weeks,  congrats! If it's not too personal, what's your motivation for being AF? Tell me to stop being nosey if i am! ;)

Yes I'm doing dry jan, it's mostly for weight loss however recognising the other benefits will help keep me on track. I feel like i got some good zzz's  last night at last :)

• Like 5

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

26 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

16 minutes ago, Endor said:

5 weeks,  congrats! If it's not too personal, what's your motivation for being AF? Tell me to stop being nosey if i am! ;)

Yes I'm doing dry jan, it's mostly for weight loss however recognising the other benefits will help keep me on track. I feel like i got some good zzz's  last night at last :)

There seems to be a whole little club of dry Janners @Mr_Willes @shaar me, you guys... Kay I’m ready for the feel good chemicals, coz currently I feel like Dracula

Dry January Drinking GIF by BBC

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 3

Walked down to the chemist to stand on the judgement machine before breakfast and IT WAS SHUT (the nerve). Came home and did a sweaty sweaty workout, will toddle back down in a bit once I... take care of some business... gotta get those kilos down

• Like 5