Forums are back in action! ×

If you are ever in Maryland, I can officially vouch for downtown Annapolis and Baltimore now. Gained a bunch of levels, filled my inventory, and had to start transferring pokemon. I need to actually start battling at gyms to use up some of these items and see what that is like. And I only spent maybe an hour playing in each location. The cities have it good.

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

13 hours ago, Garjan said:

Tho I love all of you who have also embraced the PokeGo madness (seeing lots of hate on tumblr - super disappointing)

I don't get this!!!!  It makes me sad ; ;

I was a little skeptical at first and got kind of annoyed with ALL of my social media was flooded with Charmanders, but it was also flooded with REALLY EXCITED AND HAPPY PEOPLE which I think is a great change from the usual anger and hate on Facebook and stuff?? So I downloaded it to see what all the hype was about and yeah, it's great and FUN and bringing people together and sure you may not like it personally, but why people gotta hate on stuff that brings someone else joy?

SORRY

/rant

My app has been real sketchy with logging in lately (read: unable to log in A LOT) so I'm still only level 7 but I'm just having fun collecting all the different ones and leveling them up on my own time~ :)

• Like 5

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 hour ago, shaarawy said:

I don't get this!!!!  It makes me sad ; ;

I was a little skeptical at first and got kind of annoyed with ALL of my social media was flooded with Charmanders, but it was also flooded with REALLY EXCITED AND HAPPY PEOPLE which I think is a great change from the usual anger and hate on Facebook and stuff?? So I downloaded it to see what all the hype was about and yeah, it's great and FUN and bringing people together and sure you may not like it personally, but why people gotta hate on stuff that brings someone else joy?

SORRY

/rant

My app has been real sketchy with logging in lately (read: unable to log in A LOT) so I'm still only level 7 but I'm just having fun collecting all the different ones and leveling them up on my own time~ :)

Some people are just agitators and need drama in their life. They'll say they hate something, just to get a reaction, then say it's a waste of time while spending time attacking it.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So, I got some suburban mid-level problems.

I'm out of pokeballs!! 

As your level goes up, the pokestop drop table expands. Fewer balls per pokestop and pokestops are rare here... 

Damn. This blows. 

• Like 3

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

13 hours ago, Traxex said:

I'm out of pokeballs!! 

This keeps happening to me too!

...the fact there are only maybe eight or so Pokestops in my town doesn't really help things along either.

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

14 hours ago, Traxex said:

I'm out of pokeballs!! 

As your level goes up, the pokestop drop table expands. Fewer balls per pokestop and pokestops are rare here... 

Damn. This blows. 

What's helped for me, is to just hang out around some stops, delete most of my revives/ health potions and then only catch the big spawns while saving up balls.

I have a spot that has a few stops that's great for this. Also malls seem to be good and they're everywhere.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Yesterday the kids and I hit up a park downtown where 4 pokestops overlap.  Apparently they are almost permanently lured.  It was a poke-fest.  Didn't get anything very rare, but some new ones to us.  It's so fun just to watch people stream in.  I love what a diverse crowd I see.  All ages, all ethnic backgrounds, and everyone just having fun.  Sure beats watching politics on the news. :D 

• Like 3

Rangering since Sept 2015

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:30 AM, Mike_d85 said:

Man I feel like it's unfair that I walk through Boston Common as part of my commute.  4 gyms, dozens of pokestops, and so many people set lure modules that you're tripping over pokemon when you walk through.

After work today I'm going to a spot where 2 pokestops intersect like a venn diagram.  I've got 2 lure modules and if you set both and run incense you can see 5-6 pokemon at a time.  I'll try and grab some screen shots so I can brag properly.

My buddy is like this, but NYC. He takes the subway in from Astoria, gets off at central park, and walks a half mile to work. He hit level 15 in 3 days between that and walking his dog, everything is just so dense there.

16 hours ago, Traxex said:

I'm out of pokeballs!! 

Damn. This blows. 

IT sucks, for sure. I have to drive 10 minutes to the big park that has a 2 1/2 mile track with 15-20 stops on it, or 15 minutes up to the state university, which is just silly packed with pokestop, one every 50-100 feet for a mile.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Around my house I've got 4 stops within a half mile, 2 of them close enough that a quick sprint between them is all you need to hit both.  But Pokemon aren't really that dense near my house.  To/from work tho, that is a totally different story; its nearly nonstop action for the whole hour long commute.

I'm just about to level 16.  Just did my first upgrading since about level 5.  Been holding onto my stardust, but I wanted 1 guy that was respectable, I just about maxed out a Kingler.  Still have a ton of Stardust tho, been waiting until after level 20 to really upgrade.

I've been saving all my evolutions to do them all while I have a lucky eggs going (at a stop with incense or lure), I've been able to jump multiple levels each time I do that.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

2 hours ago, insanity said:

What's helped for me, is to just hang out around some stops, delete most of my revives/ health potions and then only catch the big spawns while saving up balls.

I have a spot that has a few stops that's great for this. Also malls seem to be good and they're everywhere.

Delete?

Go to a gym and use them up.  Great source of XP!

• Like 2

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

2 hours ago, insanity said:

I do have one spot where I can walk/jog about 5 minutes between two stops. But its hot outside *whine whine* 

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Church all day err'day. My grandma would be so happy :lol: 

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Yesterday the kids and I hit up a park downtown where 4 pokestops overlap.  Apparently they are almost permanently lured.  It was a poke-fest.  Didn't get anything very rare, but some new ones to us.  It's so fun just to watch people stream in.  I love what a diverse crowd I see.  All ages, all ethnic backgrounds, and everyone just having fun.  Sure beats watching politics on the news. :D 

I love everything about this post. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Delete?

I had a bajillion of them, would take forever to use. I do use em, but we don't have a ton of gyms here.

My first challenge

Oh just found this tread. Go TEAM BLUE! :D

So not much around my house, which sucks but there are a crapton of Pokestops in Enumclaw, WA. Never knew there could be so many murals and memorials in 1 small town. Also my work is a gym! Love watching people hangout and battle in the front of my work. :) 

13668901_1154745211234223_4705886708805443129_o.jpg

• Like 4

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Delete?

I have a Pokestop at my office I am able to poke at it throughout the day, and at lunch I'd rather roam and work on unlocking eggs/catching Pokemon instead of doing Pokemon-sit and battling a gym sooo I sadly also delete a lot of potions and revives. I wish I could share them with people so they don't go to waste! :(

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

My work gym is near a pokestop where people lay down lures during lunch, so I intended to hang out and do some lazy cardio while catching more mons. HOWEVER, I got ambushed into running a 5k fun run by our gym manager instead. But that is okay! With Pokemon GO, my steps were rewarded with a shiny new Magmar. ;) 

• Like 6

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I have a Pokestop at my office I am able to poke at it throughout the day, and at lunch I'd rather roam and work on unlocking eggs/catching Pokemon instead of doing Pokemon-sit and battling a gym sooo I sadly also delete a lot of potions and revives. I wish I could share them with people so they don't go to waste! :(

I know the feeling! I wish it was easier to walk and gym at the same time! 

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

My GoRuck is next weekend. Tonight is probably my last long ruck before it, all next week will just be about moving around with light weights so I'm nice and loose going into it. Should hit level 20 during my 2 hours trekking around campus.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I keep running battery saver mode when I go for my runs (~3 miles most of the time) and it's great.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else with Pokeballs, but for opposite reasons.  Since I only really play while I commute I don't stop at the gym.  So I've got all these potions and revives but I don't really use them because I don't take the time to fight things out in the gym.  This is also why I don't have any pokemon that are over 450 CP.  I do nothing but catch and pokestop. 

It doesn't help that most of the pokemon in the gyms around here are at 4-digit CP.  I can take down 1 if I'm permitted to bring a team of 3.  I got a few XP posting a Ponyta though.  I'm guessing it did better than expected because top dog there was a water pokemon so people planned their battles against that and not the flame-throwing horse.

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

44 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

I keep running battery saver mode when I go for my runs (~3 miles most of the time) and it's great.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else with Pokeballs, but for opposite reasons.  Since I only really play while I commute I don't stop at the gym.  So I've got all these potions and revives but I don't really use them because I don't take the time to fight things out in the gym.  This is also why I don't have any pokemon that are over 450 CP.  I do nothing but catch and pokestop. 

It doesn't help that most of the pokemon in the gyms around here are at 4-digit CP.  I can take down 1 if I'm permitted to bring a team of 3.  I got a few XP posting a Ponyta though.  I'm guessing it did better than expected because top dog there was a water pokemon so people planned their battles against that and not the flame-throwing horse.

Is battery saver mode working yet?

I had issues that I could use it, but when I went to catch a pokemon afterward I could not interact with my screen at all.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Honestly I'd like to be able to log in before my walks or commutes are done. 

• Like 5

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 Things happened to me:

1. After it took me forever to hatch my 10K, and I got... ANOTHER EEVEE!!? >.<
  2. In my kitchen, I opened the app, and guess what I caught... A FLAREON!!! \o/

I've already got enough candy to evolve some Eevees, but to catch a Flareon with 400 CP has got to be the best thing that's happened to me so far.

• Like 7

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

16 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Is battery saver mode working yet?

I had issues that I could use it, but when I went to catch a pokemon afterward I could not interact with my screen at all.

Not really, mine gets stuck in battery saver sometimes too. Once or twice it decided to go into battery saver up side up and normal play upside down.  But with egg hatching your hatchlings just show up in your pokemon list after you close and reopen (or your Km are added to the incubator).

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.