Forums are back in action! ×

10 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

True.  I really enjoy the hunt too.. which is why I miss the what's nearby screen.  

I've noticed that if you open the screen with all the nearbys in it. The nearest seems to be the top left, and as you get further away they'll move right...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Only have to catch like 130 more magikarp! haha you get 3 for each one you catch.

WOOHOO ONLY 130!  OK that will still take me forever but a slight improvement. I can't find anywhere around here where those actually spawn -- just eggs!

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

3 hours ago, karinajean said:

a coworker sent this to me, what even!!!

https://pokevision.com/

I gave it a try and it's showing me zero spawns... I figure that's the server issues, but it's also telling there's a shopping centre across the road from me! Heh, it's got everything else accurate, to be fair.

I'll check back with it tomorrow. I don't plan on using it to catch anything, but it'd be interesting to see if my neck of the woods spawns more than Caterpie and Pidgey.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

There's no way my poor old phone could cope with Pokevision and the Go app at the same time, but it might be useful to me for planning outings.  I can check all the nearby parks and see which ones have monsters I need ^^  Several people have told me a particular park a few miles from here is full of Charmanders, looks like they told the truth.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 7/22/2016 at 7:25 PM, msuroo said:

It only shows 'mons that someone has already found, so if you are in a rural area it won't be that helpful. Then you load up that homepage at Santa Monica pier and cry, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that seriously it? If so, I'm kind of impressed with my neighborhood lol 

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

I finally found a gym I could battle and win because I'm still a pretty low level. Before I could get in and set a Pokémon to it some guy drove past me, circled around the church and claimed the gym then left.... I went to battle again but it was higher than anything I had. 

I literally watched him drive in a circle around me and claim it. :(

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I was at a spot today where five Pokestops overlapped like a giant Venn diagram and all were lured. In a few minutes I caught 15 or 20 Pokemons. I had to move on, but there were easily 50 people there sitting and collecting who looked like they were there for the long haul. I wish I had thought to take a screen shot.

• Like 5

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was at a spot today where five Pokestops overlapped like a giant Venn diagram and all were lured. In a few minutes I caught 15 or 20 Pokemons. I had to move on, but there were easily 50 people there sitting and collecting who looked like they were there for the long haul. I wish I had thought to take a screen shot.

Sounds like a veritable poke-topia

• Like 4

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

I went to a nearby city on Saturday (for non-pokemon reasons) but ended up at the Cathedral which had several stops all permanently lured and masses of people also playing. It was so fun walking around and sitting down to catch pokemon. I want to go back!

Not to bad where I live. i have a stop at the end of the street which I can occasionally reach when my gps goes a bit off and I'm quick enough. And my street seems to have a few Eevee popping up more recently.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Previous challenges:7, 6 5, 4,  3. 2, 1

I am the one thing in life I can control

22 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I finally found a gym I could battle and win because I'm still a pretty low level. Before I could get in and set a Pokémon to it some guy drove past me, circled around the church and claimed the gym then left.... I went to battle again but it was higher than anything I had. 

I literally watched him drive in a circle around me and claim it. :(

Boo!!! I hate when I see people do drive-by pokestops: I think it kind of defeats the purpose (not to mention being unsafe!)

Don't be too discouraged by the higher levels too! Remember you get to take 6 pokemon to their one, and if you figure out some of the type weaknesses a couple lower level pokemon can easily take on a much higher level one!

• Like 3

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Yeesh, I'm up to level 19 now.  Had to make the decision that I'm no longer going to try to catch evolved Pokemon I already have unless its a higher CP than what I have.  The cost in balls is just too steep, and there is no benefit to having the stronger Pokemon.

Wasted 15 balls on a cp 250 Golbat this AM (I have a cp 800 already), ran out of balls without getting him.  Darn random hooking balls and breaking out a half dozen times.

The random hooking balls REALLY annoys me.  If they are going to hook because of wind or something at least given an indication.  And keep it constant.  Changing from hooking to not hooking every other ball is incredibly frustrating.

I'll deal with it for strong guys and new guys, but otherwise, forget it.  

• Like 4

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Yeesh, I'm up to level 19 now.  Had to make the decision that I'm no longer going to try to catch evolved Pokemon I already have unless its a higher CP than what I have.  The cost in balls is just too steep, and there is no benefit to having the stronger Pokemon.

Wasted 15 balls on a cp 250 Golbat this AM (I have a cp 800 already), ran out of balls without getting him.  Darn random hooking balls and breaking out a half dozen times.

The random hooking balls REALLY annoys me.  If they are going to hook because of wind or something at least given an indication.  And keep it constant.  Changing from hooking to not hooking every other ball is incredibly frustrating.

I don't know if there is truth to this, but someone told me it is with flying pokemon they flap their wings and create "wind" which throws off the poke balls.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Team Blue here!

I couldn't take on any gyms until I hit level 12 or so. Even now I can only take on the weakest ones (usually around 1000 CP), when I have a type advantage to help.

I just hit level 16 yesterday. A decent amount of that is from hatching eggs, because the closest pokestop to my home is half a mile away, which is then about half a mile from the next closest stop. So a lot of walking. I technically live in the city, not the suburbs, but there is nothing here. :( I went downtown the other day, and there are pokestops every block. And it seems that the more stops you're around, the more pokemon there are to catch (even without lures). It's so different.

There is a really nice park with about 8 or so pokestops within a few minutes of each other, about 3 miles away. That I have to walk to get to. Just so that I can walk around some more... I went there yesterday to restock my pokeballs and I caught a nasty sunburn on the back of my neck.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

Ugh. THIS, definitely. I blew between 80 and 90 Pokéballs on one shitty Beedril earlier. I already had one. Absolute waste of ressources--and time, because now I have to go running all over town to refill my Pokéballs if I want to keep playing X(

The Beedrill was only orange circle, and I threw a bunch of candies at it it because apparently that helps, but it just broke out like 20+ times? Its CP wasn't even that high. The Pokéballs kept curving every which way, too. Like, I realize that I may not be throwing on point every single time, but there's no way I'm off by 90°.

At least there's a fuckton of Pokéstops not too far away -_-

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Naxius said:

Ugh. THIS, definitely. I blew between 80 and 90 Pokéballs on one shitty Beedril earlier. I already had one. Absolute waste of ressources--and time, because now I have to go running all over town to refill my Pokéballs if I want to keep playing X(

The Beedrill was only orange circle, and I threw a bunch of candies at it it because apparently that helps, but it just broke out like 20+ times? Its CP wasn't even that high. The Pokéballs kept curving every which way, too. Like, I realize that I may not be throwing on point every single time, but there's no way I'm off by 90°.

At least there's a fuckton of Pokéstops not too far away -_-

Oooooh I don't have a Beedril!  I need to figure out where around here we might have those!

Also, YES UGH to basic stupid Pokemon that take a bajillion pokeballs to catch. I kept trying to get Pidgeots/Golbats etc. for a while but at level 18 now they are such a waste of balls and raspberries and they still repeatedly break out and then possibly run away. Nope nope nope!

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

At the park yesterday everyone spotted a kabuto and ran to get it.  My phone wouldn't get a GPS signal at that spot.  I walkrd back and forth, rebooted the app, stood still and prayed.  Nada.  It Was there on my radar but wouldn't appear.  Then it went away.  Bummer.

Btw I found that holding your finger on a pokeball and sliding it left to right once or twice before you throw can help with the curveball problem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Oooooh I don't have a Beedril!  I need to figure out where around here we might have those!

Also, YES UGH to basic stupid Pokemon that take a bajillion pokeballs to catch. I kept trying to get Pidgeots/Golbats etc. for a while but at level 18 now they are such a waste of balls and raspberries and they still repeatedly break out and then possibly run away. Nope nope nope!

Collect lots and lots of Weedles; 62 Weedle candy is what you need for a Beedrill.  

If you evolve your strongest Weedle(s) and then your strongest Kakuna, chances are you'll end up with a (lot) stronger Beedrill than you'll find in the wild.

Which brings me to a ???

Are y'all's strongest Pokemon from eggs, captured, or evolutions?

Just going through the list of my top 15:

1 - Evolution (+powering up a little)

2 - Evolution

3 - Captured (+powering up a lot)(lured pokestop)

4 - Evolution

5 - Evolution

6 - Evolution

7 - Evolution

8 - Evolution

9 - Evolution

10 - Captured (lured pokestop)

11 - Evolution

12 - Evolution

13 - Captured

14 - Captured

15 - Captured

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Hatched, hatched, evolved, evolved, evolved, evolved, evolved, captured... then more evolved. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1