I feel like I'm late to the party, already have a page 2 :D

I make no promises about being able to keep up in a timely manner, but I'm here, I love a good villain (yes, I heard it :lol: )

• Thanks 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hello my Villainous Darling! I'm here to support you in all you do, villainous or otherwise.

Because I was told that Libras are apparently entering their "Villain Era" here soon and I must say, I'm feeling quite feral and my attitude is a bit more spicy than normal. I'm rather fond of it. I hope you find being a Villain to be lovely, helpful, and, most of all, victorious! ?I've always wanted to be friends with a Super Villain so please do excel at this bahaha!

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

On 9/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, athousandwords said:

Maybe you can double layer them in the winter (sheers on top of microfibre) to be able to keep the color once it starts getting cold?

Hope the DOMS ease up soon!

That might be an option. Thanks, athousandwords. 

Thank you!

On 9/4/2024 at 11:02 AM, Harriet said:

There is no good and evil. There is only power(lifting).

I wish you glorious progress. 

Oh wow, the Rosenstrasse game sounds intense. I think that would be too much for me. I've read and heard real stories and I don't know how other people cope but I honestly feel like the trauma of history (and modern affairs. and even graphically violent fiction) is just accumulating like evil debris in me. It doesn't go away, it doesn't get better, it just sinks to the ocean floor and like fish bones and gradually compresses into sadstone. 

Only power(lifting) indeed. :D 

I find experiences like Rosenstrasse very cathartic. Encountering other hard things in less curated and caring contexts is very hard, but the set up of the game is very supportive and at the end of it there’s this incredible sense of connection. It’s hard to describe.

On 9/4/2024 at 11:05 AM, Harriet said:

DOMS is really normal after starting a new workout or upping the intensity or coming back after a break. AFAIK  anti-inflammatory painkillers hasten recovery but they also the blunt adaptive/hypertrophic response. I trust your joints feel okay and it's only your muscles that are sore?

Sooooo what exercises did you do??? 

My elbows are pissed right off, truth be told. I think there’s joint pain, not just muscle pain, but really, it’s pretty harsh and problematic if I can’t distinguish.

Tuesday was back and arms: dumbbell chest press/flies, tricep extensions, Branford (Branson? Bran-something) Press (those were freaking murder), lat pull downs (70 lbs), pushups (I modified to wall pushups after my first set because I’m not strong enough for even knee pushups), rows, dips, and I think there was something else I am forgetting. It was set up in circuits which I am not used to, but I got it figured out eventually. I was mildly sore that day so I knew the DOMS were going to be major. I was right. ?

23 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

So, I read the hidden game narrative. It sounds devastatingly beautiful... like "The Pianist" with Adrian Brody. 

My gut response is to mention that I got a game called "If I Were a Lich Man" which has three games within, none of which I've played yet, but all having to do with Jewish traditions in a way that invites people to the table to discuss life and it's troubles in the open, loud, heartfelt way they are known for.

I told my friend who works at the shop my sessions are played at about it because she suggested I watch Madoka Magica (a magical girl anime lasting one season, addressing dark topics regarding the dangers of exchanging one's freedom for a life of servitude with the caveat of having a wish granted as part of the deal), and I realized the premise of one of IIWALM's titular game fits with the themes of Madoka Magica except it's four liches discussing their beliefs on the function of the philacteries and the threat of paladins. I immediately wanted to draft an alternate version in which they are instead the magical girls discussing their soul gems and the threat of witches. ?

Very much like “The Pianist”. 

I saw that game on offer and really didn’t know what to think of it. Thanks for the introduction. 

22 hours ago, Heidi said:

On the way home from acupuncture, I heard "Blackbird" by the Beatles coming out of the windows of the car next to me at a stoplight, and it made me smile, so I popped that onto the car radio (via my phone), then that of course led to Bloackbird Song by Lee DeWyze, which I also love.

For the curtains, does it make sense to add some thermal drapes as a second layer, something that you can leave open when it's not cold? I like this additional light for you.

I hope you are having a lovely day.

❤️

Yay, Blackbirds!

I would need a second rod, but that might be doable.

Thank you. I hope you are, too. ❤️

21 hours ago, Laghail said:

Following for the villainy and the evil enjoyment of debilitating DOMS *evil cackle*

Glad to have you, Laghail! :D 

21 hours ago, AerynLee said:

Here for the villiany and the awesome goals! It's amazing what relatively small touches do for a house. We painted our second floor (aka- the master suite) and awesome blue color called Dragonfly this year and it's so wonderful

Nice to see you, AerynLee! Your paint colour has such a great name. I am glad you love it. 

20 hours ago, Mistr said:

Yay for a great weekend and a strong start to your challenge!

I love the "No capes" section. ?

Nice to see you, Mistr! ?

13 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Wait, oh my gosh, I didn't even look at the titles of the new tally boxes. Those are amazing, Sov! "And your little dog, too!"

Thanks! I was pretty proud of myself ?

6 hours ago, Yuen said:

What an amazingly well set out challenge... and off to a good start :) Good luck Sovalis!

Thank you, Yuen! 

6 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is pretty lovely (and queer) ❤️ 

Lovely. Thanks, TG. ❤️ 

5 hours ago, RES said:

I feel like I'm late to the party, already have a page 2 :D

I make no promises about being able to keep up in a timely manner, but I'm here, I love a good villain (yes, I heard it :lol: )

A RES shows up exactly on time and can never be late. Much like wizards. ;) 

You keep up or don’t as you prefer. I am just glad to have you along!

3 hours ago, AerynLee said:

Ah! I missed it too! Those are amazing. 

Thank you! :D 

1 hour ago, Darciana said:

Hello my Villainous Darling! I'm here to support you in all you do, villainous or otherwise.

Because I was told that Libras are apparently entering their "Villain Era" here soon and I must say, I'm feeling quite feral and my attitude is a bit more spicy than normal. I'm rather fond of it. I hope you find being a Villain to be lovely, helpful, and, most of all, victorious! ?I've always wanted to be friends with a Super Villain so please do excel at this bahaha!

Hi Dearheart! Thank you so much for your support! And I love you in all your feral, spicy glory, so have at it! :D 

HI Friends!

Today was gym day #2 and it was rough. I am feeling really humbled by my lack of fitness. Not discouraged, but just very aware. Today was an ab circuit and it kicked my butt very thoroughly. I had to modify a few things and was still completely spent by the end. And I’m already sore, so heaped on the sensation there. I was proud of what I was able to do, but really hoping it’s a benchmark I can surpass with effort because I don’t want to be at this level my entire life. Topping things off, I bruised my right knee very, very badly while I was transferring between floor exercises. I avoid kneeling at the best of times and crawling is something I normally just don’t do. I did the minimum of it today and it seems to have gone quite badly for me. I came to work early so I could buy some more Advil and then put some ice on it to try to take down the swelling. I knew it was sore, but I didn’t think it would be so black when I took my leggings off to have a shower. I was in the shower less than 15 minutes after the end of class, so that bruising came on really rapidly. I am going to keep an eye on it. Hopefully it doesn’t become a bigger problem. I have varicose veins that run up and down my legs, so I don’t know if there are complications that can arise from that. More research required I suppose. 

Otherwise it was a good morning. I managed to leave twice without Saxon seeming stressed (we played both times which helped), so now I know I can do that. It was worth it to have the shower after my class. I was a mess. 

Alright, almost time for me to start. I will sign off for now and check in as I can later. It’s the Bears’ last evening in town so I’ll be spending time with them tonight. This week is just flying by. 

I hope that your knees are treating you splendidly today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 15

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry you're sore and bruised, but WOOHOO FOR WORKOUTS!

Go, you.

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

33 minutes ago, Sovalis said:
On 9/4/2024 at 12:50 PM, MaeradCase said:

My gut response is to mention that I got a game called "If I Were a Lich Man" which has three games within, none of which I've played yet, but all having to do with Jewish traditions in a way that invites people to the table to discuss life and it's troubles in the open, loud, heartfelt way they are known for.

I told my friend who works at the shop my sessions are played at about it because she suggested I watch Madoka Magica (a magical girl anime lasting one season, addressing dark topics regarding the dangers of exchanging one's freedom for a life of servitude with the caveat of having a wish granted as part of the deal), and I realized the premise of one of IIWALM's titular game fits with the themes of Madoka Magica except it's four liches discussing their beliefs on the function of the philacteries and the threat of paladins. I immediately wanted to draft an alternate version in which they are instead the magical girls discussing their soul gems and the threat of witches. ?

Very much like “The Pianist”. 

I saw that game on offer and really didn’t know what to think of it. Thanks for the introduction. 

Yeah, I still have to play it. But I'll let you know if it's as enjoyable as I've hoped. 

The other two games within are "Same Bat Time, Same Bat Mitzvah" which sounds amusing (vampires invade a girl's coming-of-age party) and another whose name I forgot but is to my understanding a fill-in-the-blanks for a wild and crazy story song at the end. 

36 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Today was gym day #2 and it was rough. I am feeling really humbled by my lack of fitness. Not discouraged, but just very aware.

Speaking of aware, I forgot to go to the gym on Tuesday, and only realized I should've persevered to at least go in the afternoon because you'd done your training. ??‍♀️ 

But I did go on a walk (which has for some reason killed my ankles) on my lunch break Tuesday, and I plan on gym tomorrow before work since my schedule wouldn't cooperate with yesterday or today.

Hope the bruise clears up easily. ?

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Great job on going to the gym even though you were still sore from Tuesday!

Hang in there, it will get better quickly.

I strongly recommend arnica gel for bruises and muscle strains. It helps prevent swelling and inflammation. It used to be just a health store thing, but now I can get it at my regular drug store.

• Thanks 2

Level 80  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

1 hour ago, Mistr said:

I strongly recommend arnica gel for bruises and muscle strains. It helps prevent swelling and inflammation. It used to be just a health store thing, but now I can get it at my regular drug store.

I, too, strongly recommend arnica gel/cream! I've used cream, not gel but that may be an availability thing as I don't think I found the gel when I last looked. Good call, Mistr! I had forgotten about it entirely and now must add some to my shopping list to have on hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

6 hours ago, Sovalis said:

A RES shows up exactly on time and can never be late. Much like wizards. ;) 

You keep up or don’t as you prefer. I am just glad to have you along!

You are too kind, and I am glad to be here!

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

I strongly recommend arnica gel for bruises and muscle strains.

I may need to look into this...

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

12 hours ago, Sovalis said:

My elbows are pissed right off, truth be told. I think there’s joint pain, not just muscle pain, but really, it’s pretty harsh and problematic if I can’t distinguish.

I would be strict about joint pain if I were you. Don't do anything that hurts the joints. It's okay to work through a little DOMS--light exercise can actually increase muscle recovery. But sore joints is not a sign of adaptation and adding workload to hurting joints just increases the damage. Joints and connective tissue and bones take time to build up strength--they tend to trail behind muscles. So keep them safe. 

12 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Tuesday was back and arms: dumbbell chest press/flies, tricep extensions, Branford (Branson? Bran-something) Press (those were freaking murder), lat pull downs (70 lbs), pushups (I modified to wall pushups after my first set because I’m not strong enough for even knee pushups), rows, dips, and I think there was something else I am forgetting. It was set up in circuits which I am not used to, but I got it figured out eventually. I was mildly sore that day so I knew the DOMS were going to be major. I was right. ?

Nice! 70lb lat pull downs is pretty cool for your first session! I can't do more than that! And yeah, a pushup is very roughly similar to benching like three quarters of your total bodyweight, so that'll take time. 

Oyyyy, sorry about your giant terrible bruise, that sounds scary. And circuits, I maintain, are cardio. Working on strength and cardio at the same time is very brave of you. 

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Woo! Nerdly sounds amazing, and you are already starting this challenge off flying! Here to cheer and (gently) remind you that rest is where the muscles recover and grow so don't be afraid to do all the self-care. ?️‍♀️

• Thanks 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

On 9/5/2024 at 12:30 PM, Heidi said:

Sorry you're sore and bruised, but WOOHOO FOR WORKOUTS!

Go, you.

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

Thanks, Friend. ❤️ 

On 9/5/2024 at 12:34 PM, MaeradCase said:

Yeah, I still have to play it. But I'll let you know if it's as enjoyable as I've hoped. 

The other two games within are "Same Bat Time, Same Bat Mitzvah" which sounds amusing (vampires invade a girl's coming-of-age party) and another whose name I forgot but is to my understanding a fill-in-the-blanks for a wild and crazy story song at the end. 

Speaking of aware, I forgot to go to the gym on Tuesday, and only realized I should've persevered to at least go in the afternoon because you'd done your training. ??‍♀️ 

But I did go on a walk (which has for some reason killed my ankles) on my lunch break Tuesday, and I plan on gym tomorrow before work since my schedule wouldn't cooperate with yesterday or today.

I hope you never take my going to the gym as any kind of indictment that you should also go. I am here to encourage, not berate. ❤️ I hope your ankles are feeling better! 

On 9/5/2024 at 2:26 PM, Mistr said:

Thank you! I hope it does improve quickly because the amount of Advil I needed to get through work Wednesday through Friday was pretty wild. I was able to find the arnica gel at the pharmacy and I think it is helping the knee already. Thank you so much for the recommendation!

On 9/5/2024 at 4:18 PM, Darciana said:

I, too, strongly recommend arnica gel/cream! I've used cream, not gel but that may be an availability thing as I don't think I found the gel when I last looked. Good call, Mistr! I had forgotten about it entirely and now must add some to my shopping list to have on hand.

Thanks for the endorsement, Dearheart!

On 9/5/2024 at 6:33 PM, RES said:

You are too kind, and I am glad to be here!

I may need to look into this...

❤️ 

On 9/5/2024 at 6:44 PM, Artemis Prime said:

*studies bottle of horse liniment in my barn that I've been known to slather on myself as needed*

Arnica gel, you say?

Apparently. :D

On 9/6/2024 at 12:40 AM, Harriet said:

I would be strict about joint pain if I were you. Don't do anything that hurts the joints. It's okay to work through a little DOMS--light exercise can actually increase muscle recovery. But sore joints is not a sign of adaptation and adding workload to hurting joints just increases the damage. Joints and connective tissue and bones take time to build up strength--they tend to trail behind muscles. So keep them safe. 

Nice! 70lb lat pull downs is pretty cool for your first session! I can't do more than that! And yeah, a pushup is very roughly similar to benching like three quarters of your total bodyweight, so that'll take time. 

Oyyyy, sorry about your giant terrible bruise, that sounds scary. And circuits, I maintain, are cardio. Working on strength and cardio at the same time is very brave of you. 

Yeah, I didn’t think I was hitting the joints hard until the next day, everything felt good an in control at the time. I will be more careful in the future. 

I probably could have done 80 or 90 lbs on the lat pull down. 70 felt good but wasn’t particularly hard, although it was nice to have something I felt competent at that wasn’t taking me to failure immediately. I am pretty strong based just on my mass (258 lbs right now gives me a lot of pull power). It just makes me realize that I need to get stronger so I maintain that pull power when my mass decreases.  I think you weigh quite a bit less than I do from the few pictures I’ve seen of you, so 70 lbs is pretty awesome!!

The circuits are more mentally weird than anything. I am so used to doing my three sets and then moving on to the next thing. I am at Doreen’s mercy, so hopefully she knows what she is doing. The knee is pretty bad. I am hoping it clears up soon. 

On 9/6/2024 at 2:38 AM, Salinger said:

Hey Sov!!!!! Hoping you have a gorgeous day xx

Hi Sal! Thank you so much! It’s been good so far and should stay that way. I hope you are having a lovely day too! ❤️ 

21 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Woo! Nerdly sounds amazing, and you are already starting this challenge off flying! Here to cheer and (gently) remind you that rest is where the muscles recover and grow so don't be afraid to do all the self-care. ?️‍♀️

Hi Rho! Nerdly was amazing. I am so grateful to start my villain arc on the heels of such an affirming weekend. I have rest days Friday-Monday, so hopefully the rebuilding is all underway and next week isn’t go agonizing. ?

11 hours ago, MezzothePatient said:

Catching up and following along. ? And cheering for your villainous success! 

Great to have you, Mezzo! ❤️ 

Hi Friends!

I feel like I’ve been struggling to find my feet all week. I work today and then have tomorrow off which should help me reset. I appreciate that it is a short week (I only worked Wednesday to Saturday instead of Monday to Saturday), but last weekend wasn’t super restful as much as it was emotionally restorative, so I am a little tired and behind the eight ball on some things. The added soreness and strain from the workouts has also limited my ability to feel productive as even when I am getting things done I am doing them more slowly which isn’t ideal. Work was really, really challenging this week. I hope that things improve with the DOMS in a swift curve because many weeks of this is going to tax my liver as I keep devouring anti-inflammatories. 

I didn’t manage to hit many of my goals yesterday, but I did run my weekly D&D game a night early as Bryon heads on a multi week work trip today and we needed the wizard to pull off the plan. Things went well, there were many explosions, and the group has now retreated to a safe space, fallout to be determined. I couldn’t roll to save my life last night so I basically declared that they were going to succeed and we narrated that success rather than rolling it out and having it take forever. It felt very different and strange and I am not sure it was fun exactly because there was no risk for them without the dice rolls, but people said they had a good time, so yay? I’ll take it and try to not let the imposter syndrome get the better of me. My Druid did get to meet his mother though which was heartwarming. That will be interesting to play out. I need to do some Worldbuilding to nail down Mar’s origins: his mother, Ghislaine, is a human Druid from an Arctic tribe and his father, Vyoss, is a Marid genie. I know that Vyoss granted Ghislaine three wishes. The first of which was Mar’s birth, the last of which was never seeing Vyoss again. I don’t know why yet and need to work that out. Would also probably be helpful to discover what the second wish was. Thinking required.  

I haven’t done anything deliberately restorative in the last few days so I need to prioritize that tonight. It is supposed to be 32C here today which means it should still be plenty warm by time I get off work, so I might take a fancy beverage to the hammock and soak up the heat like a lizard. I am trying to decide which Lair project I want to take on tomorrow: paint my front door or paint the kitchen windowsill. Theoretically I can do both, but I don’t know if I want to when I also intend to do some base chores like laundry and dishes. I want to get the exterior projects done soon because the paint needs to cure above 10C and we are starting to get into the low teens at night now (there’s a 7C night predicted for sometime this week which is pretty seasonally average). But I feel daunted about tackling the exterior projects even though they shouldn’t be too bad or take too long using the little sprayer. Just need to muster the will. I think I also want to redecorate the fireplace for the fall. That shouldn’t take too long. Basically need a nesting and reset day and I will try to use tomorrow to best affect in service to that. 

Alright, I am now caught up on forum stuff and will go tackle a little bit of dishes. I don’t have much, mostly coffee cups to go in the dishwasher, so that will be an easy win. 

I hope that you are having a lovely start to your weekend. May you get the balance between solitude and speech that best serves your heart today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 12

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

I am trying to decide which Lair project I want to take on tomorrow: paint my front door or paint the kitchen windowsill.

My personal vote is the front door. Partially because I'm excited to see the after picture of the exterior of the house and partially because it was first on the to-do list ?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sovalis said:
On 9/5/2024 at 1:34 PM, MaeradCase said:

I forgot to go to the gym on Tuesday, and only realized I should've persevered to at least go in the afternoon because you'd done your training. ??‍♀️ 

I hope you never take my going to the gym as any kind of indictment that you should also go. I am here to encourage, not berate. ❤️ I hope your ankles are feeling better! 

Thanks for the reassurance. ?

The ankles had something to say about my choosing to make time for movement today, but I think they'll behave. ?

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

21 hours ago, AerynLee said:

My personal vote is the front door. Partially because I'm excited to see the after picture of the exterior of the house and partially because it was first on the to-do list ?

I am nervous to try it, but it is on the list for today. Currently deciding if I am painting the inside of it as well as the outside…

19 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Thanks for the reassurance. ?

The ankles had something to say about my choosing to make time for movement today, but I think they'll behave. ?

You’re welcome. ?

Be good to yourself, we don’t need injuries. ❤️ 

• Like 6

On 9/8/2024 at 9:33 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

That sounds like the kind of wish that could backfire horribly ?

Yup. I am thinking a little bit of the movie “Three Thousand Years of Longing” and wondering about modeling Ghislaine and Vyoss’ love story after the love story at the end of that. Where her wishing to never see him again was a way of preserving him from harm. I don’t want them to have had a fight or anything. 

22 hours ago, Darciana said:

Ohhh front door! Yeeees ❤️

I got it done! ❤️ 

Hi Friends!

I succeeded in getting the front door and the kitchen windowsill done yesterday. I was feeling really trepidatious about tackling it by myself when my energy reserves felt shaky, but I managed it (and in pretty good time, too, despite it taking 20 minutes to figure out how to get the hinge pin out of the bottom door hinge). I decided to put a post on FB asking for encouragement and then edited that post to add a list of possible steps I was going to take to complete the task. Then I took pictures at relevant steps and added them to the post showing my progress. It was really beneficial and helped me feel like I had a body double (or twelve) even though I was alone. I think I would do this again in future with other multi-step processes. I am grateful that so many of my friends saw my post and were enthusiastic in their support. It really made things so much more possible. I still need to paint trim, do the touch ups, and paint/re-hang the house numbers, but those will be projects for another day. Bonus points for no wasps ending up in the house despite my front door being off the hinges for a few hours and for Saxon respecting the plywood baby gate at the door. I wasn’t sure that he wasn’t going to try jumping it to be with me in the front yard, but he doesn’t jump so well in his middle age and he decided not to chance it which was a relief. 

Pictures: 

20240908_141233.thumb.jpg.1850aecb5474b290ce09a12777a486bd.jpg

20240909_094027.thumb.jpg.6e633397e869c411be5409cad413145b.jpg

I think I really like the yellow for the window, but I think it’s too bold to do the backsplash in now that I see it in place. I want to be that daring, but I don’t think I am in practice. So now I am thinking of something more like a soft butter yellow (winter butter rather than spring butter) for the backsplash. I need to go look at paint chips to select the colour though, I don’t want to do something so subtle online with the variances we get due to screen calibrations. 

I also managed to finish reading Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey last night which was a good read. Very sad in places, definitely made me tear up a few times. I enjoyed it overall. I’ve put a few other books on hold at the library and have The Silver Bullets of Annie Oakley by Mercedes Lackey in the queue next. 

I didn’t eat well yesterday. Too tired and weird, so I made myself chicken nuggets (a comfort food) in the air fryer for supper and said good enough. I ended up talking to friends for a bit last night and it was okay, a little weird. The friendships are a bit strained due to neglect and we are wanting to work on fixing that, but the awkwardness is apparent right now and I was really tired after doing my projects all day so I am not sure I made it any easier on us. I wasn’t awful, but I wasn’t as charming or engaged as I can be. Felt really honest to show up the way I was though, and I think there’s something to be said for that. 

I am tired and a little moody this morning. I miss Dave and feel a little overwhelmed at the amount of stuff I should be doing around the house and yard. I am proud of my progress, but it feels unending and I am struggling with that a bit. I think I could do with a mental health day today, but I don’t think Sonjia would appreciate that, and really I am not so out of it that I can’t work. Working might even be a good thing as it will get me out of my head. I have a two day weekend this weekend and that will be good. I just need to make it to Friday. 

I hope your weekends were restorative and that you have success knocking something tedious or underwhelming off your to-do list today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Yup. I am thinking a little bit of the movie “Three Thousand Years of Longing” and wondering about modeling Ghislaine and Vyoss’ love story after the love story at the end of that. Where her wishing to never see him again was a way of preserving him from harm. I don’t want them to have had a fight or anything. 

Wow, that sounds pretty epic. My brain went strait to blindness when i saw the wish first off. But there are so many bad options for it

• Like 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

12 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

I love this kind of bittersweet tragedy. What if it were a way of keeping your druid - their child - from harm? Like maybe Vyoss was bound to some genie pact or curse that his first born son had to be imprisoned as a genie as well. But he loved Ghislaine so much that he couldn't help a grant her wish for a child. And the only way to stop the curse from being fulfilled was for him to leave and never see their child? ?

Love the front door color - it looks great with the new siding and the welcome mat! I actually love the yellow window too, but it's hard to see how it looks against the backsplash with the light coming in, so I'll take your word for it not matching. But I'd be more inclined to paint the backsplash tile than water down that lovely yellow! ?

• Like 4

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic