1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

They are painful but my success rate with baking gf bread is abysmal, so shell out I shall. 😅

Baking GF bread is notoriously hard. There are some kits from Bob's Red Mill, but I have not tried them. Fathead dough is an easy-to-make and tasty substitute for crackers and tortilla wraps. It is not too expensive if you can get shredded mozzarella in bulk.

I agree that GF bread is expensive. So is good wheat bread. I paid the same for a large loaf of good bread from a local deli as for a (much smaller) loaf of GF bread from the grocery store.

I am planning a small spend this Friday for a TCMC sale that is coming up. I have a $10 USD loyalty coupon I can use, so I am going to try to stay around $30 CAN with shipping, after the coupon. There are a few washi that I would like and three or four sticker sheets that I can use replacements of because I am out of them. I find I am doing well with using my existing supplies, but struggling more with the feeling of not getting treats for myself because I have been spending my tip money on gifts for other people the last little while. I feel weird about that, because it seems a bit selfish and I feel like I “should” be getting happy brain chemistry from doing a good thing for someone else. But it came up in my writing this morning and it’s a thing I am feeling. Something to keep an eye on. 

Yeah, I hear you on wanting treats. They could be extra things to buy or things to eat. I get this a lot when I feel stressed. It would be great if the treat could be something like a bubble bath instead, but that is often not realistic.

I ate a responsible lunch of carrot and sweet potato soup and then a goblin supper of pepperoni sticks, crackers, and butter for supper because Dave wasn’t hungry and I didn’t feel like cooking just for me. I think I should batch cook some soup or something so that I have a reheat and go option because these nights are pretty common. 

I packed some meals and stuck them in the freezer when I was batch cooking a few months ago. They are really handy for those times when you don't want to cook.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 77  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I ate a responsible lunch of carrot and sweet potato soup and then a goblin supper of pepperoni sticks, crackers, and butter for supper because Dave wasn’t hungry and I didn’t feel like cooking just for me. I think I should batch cook some soup or something so that I have a reheat and go option because these nights are pretty common. 

I guess it depends on how much you like reheated soup - for me, that would just end up getting freezer burnt as I ignored it. Nothing wrong with a goblin supper as long as you're hitting your rough calorie goals and not causing problems with inflammation for yourself! Maybe have some go-to goblin foods that are easy to store: boiled eggs, babybel cheeses, veggie chips, etc.

Today’s doodle is in my Hobonichi Cousin on my daily journalling page.

Adorbs! 🥕

• Like 4

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

CURRENT CHALLENGE: 3, 2, 1... Bake!

I love the little pumpkin 🥺You doodle so nicely and it's very calming to look at. I can't help but smile and today has been quite a distracted morning so the small break to admire and smile at your artwork was very much needed. Thank you, Darling.

• Thanks 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

On 5/8/2024 at 9:06 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Love the plant doodle. How you made the outside line thicker than the rest is so effective (and a trick i will shamelessly steal 😆). 
looks great. Glad your having fun with the art

i get the treat guilt. Often when i go out i will end up buying small treats for housemates as i feel like they didn't get to come and do whatever fun thing I'm doing. Important to treat yourself though, you deserve fun things too. 

The darker/thicker outline is something I do a lot. I think it comes from emulating 90s comic book art which was a lot of how I started drawing when I was a kid. There is something about varying line widths that gets me really excited about the dynamism of a piece. And especially with soft, gentle cartoons it really seems to help them pop and look more finished.  

It is important to feel like I get treats, yes. But it is also important to try and get this debt paid off. *lol* I wish I were better about getting my dopamine elsewhere, although objectively I am doing pretty well with the no-spend. I just need to make sure I am not doing big purchases when I *am* spending*.

On 5/8/2024 at 10:04 AM, Harriet said:

I love the vegetables! (I never say that). And it's totally normal to want stuff because we're soft animals shaped by evolution to crave resources which mean survival. Gregarious giving is nice, too, but the love of loot is your evolutionary destiny.

:D Thanks, Harriet. 

On 5/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, Silmarilliane said:

This is my life :D and why my dinner tonight is pretty standard - kidney beans heated in hot sauce while I eat raw carrots, tomatoes, pepper and radishes. I also have veggie soup I portion up for the freezer for when I don't have anything fresh in.

CYOOT

Yeah. For last night I had cucumbers, cheese, and a smoothie with some protein powder in it. Weird and not really balanced, but at least I got some plants in?

Thanks!

On 5/8/2024 at 10:13 AM, Mistr said:

Baking GF bread is notoriously hard. There are some kits from Bob's Red Mill, but I have not tried them. Fathead dough is an easy-to-make and tasty substitute for crackers and tortilla wraps. It is not too expensive if you can get shredded mozzarella in bulk.

I agree that GF bread is expensive. So is good wheat bread. I paid the same for a large loaf of good bread from a local deli as for a (much smaller) loaf of GF bread from the grocery store.

Yeah, I hear you on wanting treats. They could be extra things to buy or things to eat. I get this a lot when I feel stressed. It would be great if the treat could be something like a bubble bath instead, but that is often not realistic.

I packed some meals and stuck them in the freezer when I was batch cooking a few months ago. They are really handy for those times when you don't want to cook.

Bob’s Red Mill is supposed to be very reliable. I might seek them out. Mostly I am just trying to get away from bread so I have less reason to eat it whether gf or not. Most of the time that goes okay, but sometimes you just want peanut butter toast or a grilled cheese sammich. 

I do try to have baths, hammock time, and other non-cost stuff as treats and that is a very normal part of my self care. But sometimes the dopamine just demands you charge the card and get some happy mail on its way to you, I swear. 

I had some chili in the freezer that I ate the other night. I should probably batch more soon. I have a few good America’s Test Kitchen magazines from years ago for cooking ahead recipes that might be worth digging out and seeing what they contain. I can remember the covers but not the recipes… I also have their slow cooker book and I imagine most of that freezes pretty well. 

On 5/8/2024 at 6:39 PM, athousandwords said:

I guess it depends on how much you like reheated soup - for me, that would just end up getting freezer burnt as I ignored it. Nothing wrong with a goblin supper as long as you're hitting your rough calorie goals and not causing problems with inflammation for yourself! Maybe have some go-to goblin foods that are easy to store: boiled eggs, babybel cheeses, veggie chips, etc.

Adorbs! 🥕

When I was working at the game store I batch cooked the same soup every week for a few months and ate it every day. I went through it fast enough that it didn’t go bad and didn’t need freezing. But I have been out of that cycle for ~8 months now, don’t know if it would stick. The goblin foods are normally pretty decent, although I definitely ate chips last night to fill up after eating the responsible things and deciding I didn’t want more cucumber. 

Oh great. A spoiler box I can’t get rid of. Oops. 

Spoiler

On 5/9/2024 at 9:20 AM, Darciana said:

I love the little pumpkin 🥺You doodle so nicely and it's very calming to look at. I can't help but smile and today has been quite a distracted morning so the small break to admire and smile at your artwork was very much needed. Thank you, Darling.

Thank you, Dearheart. ❤️ 

15 hours ago, Everstorm said:

🥕🥕🥕 🎃 🧡

❤️ 

Hi Friends!

I’ve been waking up at 5:30 and sleeping until 7 before getting up. This is ~40 minutes earlier than I normally get up and it’s really stretching my mornings. To add to that, I don’t start today until noon, so I have even more extra time. This is great because I was able to catch up on the forums completely, something I haven’t been able to do in a few days, which feels good. 

I was wandering Facebook the other night and came a cross the quote: “ When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” ~ Nietzsche 

It really resonated with me given how exhausted I was feeling on Sunday and Monday, and how that changed my behaviour and made me worry that I was starting to slip in a Bipolar way rather than just a you’re-bloody-tired-and-stressed-Sov-it’s-*fine* kind of way. Paranoia is part of my profile. Thankfully it’s mild, but I try to be very self aware of shifts in my mood and makeup because often the people around me don’t notice that I am starting to skew until things are pretty advanced. Part of that is I mask like a champ, part of it is because so much of my skewing is internal and not external (I mean, the call is coming from inside the house as it were), part of it is because people are normally caught up in their own things more than others just as a function of being human. Dave is not super observant about this kind of stuff and it’s even more important for me to be aware when he’s not here because there literally isn’t anyone else to notice when I am alone. So all of that to say, thank you so much for supporting me and reassuring me that I wasn’t experiencing anything out of scope for the zaniness of last week. You are all awesome and I appreciate you. Also, if you do ever think I don’t sound like myself, please feel free to say something to me about it. I think you all get a better day-to-day idea of where I am at than a lot of people in meat space, so if I seem off to you, I probably am. Say the word, I won’t take offense, I promise. 

I weighed in for the week today and am down a pound (263.4) despite all my goblin suppers. This is satisfying and I hope I can keep this slow and steady up even with the haphazard meals. I did put on my Fitbit yesterday and walked to work and that was good. I am not sure that having it on made me any more aware of my goals, but it was satisfying to see the active minutes number at the end of the day, even if it probably isn’t super reliable. I was on floors last night which is always good for more sweat inducing movement than cleaning the machine and doing dishes. I will be on dishes and machine tonight as I have the young student closing with me, which is fine. 

I just proposed to my gaming group that we switch our games to Saturdays. I know four of the five players want this, but the fifth, my Druid, hasn’t weighed in yet. I am surprisingly nervous that he is going to say that he can’t/won’t. I don’t want to lose him as a player because he is really fun to run for and play with, one of my favourites at the table. I am feeling nerves about this more generally because we have two big moves happening this summer: the Druid is moving to Washington DC for a posting and my Barbarian and Rogue are moving back to Canada from a US posting. All three of them will be two hours ahead of me time-zone wise. Moving the game to Saturday potentially allows us to start earlier, meaning they are starting at 8 rather than at 9, which is just so late to be starting a D&D game, especially on a Friday at the end of a work week. Cross your fingers with me that this all works out and I am not sad at the end of this conversation. We have been playing for ~2.5 years and I think there is still ~2 to go in this story, so I am eager for things to continue harmoniously. 

I still have 35 minutes to fill before I need to start getting ready for work. I think I will go lift some dumbbells for a few minutes. 

I hope that you have a fabulous Friday. May the bees be busy pollinating all of the beautiful plants around you. Thank you for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 9

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” ~ Nietzsche

Dude is not wrong. I make a point of never starting a meaningful discussion after a certain time of night for this very reason. You just end up going round in stress spirals about things that seem inconsequential in the mornings light.

19 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Cross your fingers with me that this all works out and I am not sad at the end of this conversation. We have been playing for ~2.5 years and I think there is still ~2 to go in this story, so I am eager for things to continue harmoniously

Have you considered moving it online if you guys hit geographic issues? I know its not the same experience as being round a table, but it can still be a lot of fun. 

22 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

But it is also important to try and get this debt paid off. *lol* I wish I were better about getting my dopamine elsewhere, although objectively I am doing pretty well with the no-spend. I just need to make sure I am not doing big purchases when I *am* spending*.

Ah. Yes, that does suck.  Do you guys have car boots or something over there? They’re a fun option thats cheap. Second hand shops also good. 

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

On 5/10/2024 at 10:50 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Dude is not wrong. I make a point of never starting a meaningful discussion after a certain time of night for this very reason. You just end up going round in stress spirals about things that seem inconsequential in the mornings light.

Solid advice. 

Have you considered moving it online if you guys hit geographic issues? I know its not the same experience as being round a table, but it can still be a lot of fun. 

We are a hybrid table currently, with two players (Barbarian and Rogue) in the USA (I'm in Canada) and three players plus myself in town. We run our sessions over Microsoft Teams with multiple cameras so my players abroad can see the other players and the combat map. Soon the Barbarian and Rogue will be back in Canada, but in a different eastern province, and our Druid is moving to Washington DC, so it will be three online and three in person. 

Ah. Yes, that does suck.  Do you guys have car boots or something over there? They’re a fun option thats cheap. Second hand shops also good. 

I'm not usually someone that likes shopping for the sake of shopping. But part of that might also be that I'm out of the habit because my town is so tiny that there's not much here. 

On 5/10/2024 at 12:33 PM, Darciana said:

I hope Saturdays work out! ❤️ 

They do, Huzzah! Thanks, Darling!

Hi Friends!

Big time non-scale victory today: the green dress I wore to be a bridesmaid when Dad and (Step)Mum got married fits again!! It needs a wash (and that mirror needs cleaning, whoa), but it goes on and that's a freaking miracle. I don't know what inspired me to try it, but I was pretty damn excited to make the discovery!

20240512_094804.thumb.jpg.df4d60cf843560c12d4cfe2baafe6433.jpg

Game is now officially on Saturdays which is a relief and went super well. Lots of tension and buy in. I'm excited to see what happens. We played the Sunday game today and that was also pretty good. Half the party was missing so a little weird, but still fun. I made us an omelette with sweet ghost pepper bacon for brunch this morning, that was pretty tasty. 

I have not been drawing. Working hard on my game prep, yes. Drawing no. Need to tinker with more of that. 💜

I hope you had a blissful Sunday full of peaceful restoration. Thanks for being here. ,❤️

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 7

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Big time non-scale victory today: the green dress I wore to be a bridesmaid when Dad and (Step)Mum got married fits again!! It needs a wash (and that mirror needs cleaning, whoa), but it goes on and that's a freaking miracle. I don't know what inspired me to try it, but I was pretty damn excited to make the discovery!

Looks fabulous. Green dress for the win! Getting into old clothing is the best feeling 😄

I'm not usually someone that likes shopping for the sake of shopping.

I am trying not to buy new books at the moment, as they are just so expensive for me right now. But something my town does have is lots of second hand book shops. I don't always know what i’ll find, but when i want a new book to read it is my go to. 

also not a big shopping for the sake of shopping person. Usually only buy things if i need something specific. i do quite like the unknown element of what you find carboots though. I often find very good jewellery pieces there to repurpose. I suppose it’s a bit like fishing. You go for a change of scenery and out of curiosity about poking through all the weird stuff you see there. Not nessisarily with the expectation of coming back with anything.

• That's Metal 1

We are a hybrid table currently, with two players (Barbarian and Rogue) in the USA (I'm in Canada) and three players plus myself in town. We run our sessions over Microsoft Teams with multiple cameras so my players abroad can see the other players and the combat map. Soon the Barbarian and Rogue will be back in Canada, but in a different eastern province, and our Druid is moving to Washington DC, so it will be three online and three in person

That is a really cool setup. 

• Thanks 1

Big time non-scale victory today

Woohoo! Looks great!

Game is now officially on Saturdays which is a relief and went super well

Ahh, I'm glad :)

• Thanks 1

Level 39 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Excellent news on the game and continued weight loss!

I am big on not trying to force things that don't want to go at the moment. If you don't want to draw, that's fine. Do something else creative. Maybe miniature painting, maybe just make fancy designs in foamed milk on customer's coffees.

I feel like it makes more sense to apply your energy to something that you feel you can do than to struggle to work on a task you "should" do. You know the difference between critical and regular tasks. Order is not important for the regular stuff. Just get something done and call it good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 77  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

On 5/13/2024 at 1:18 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Looks fabulous. Green dress for the win! Getting into old clothing is the best feeling 😄

I am trying not to buy new books at the moment, as they are just so expensive for me right now. But something my town does have is lots of second hand book shops. I don't always know what i’ll find, but when i want a new book to read it is my go to. 

also not a big shopping for the sake of shopping person. Usually only buy things if i need something specific. i do quite like the unknown element of what you find carboots though. I often find very good jewellery pieces there to repurpose. I suppose it’s a bit like fishing. You go for a change of scenery and out of curiosity about poking through all the weird stuff you see there. Not nessisarily with the expectation of coming back with anything.

It really is. I am not really wearing dresses often now unless it is for military dress up functions which Dave tends to avoid like the plague, but this dress was one of the last “too small” things in my closet, so it is a good benchmark of where things are at. 

Books are so good and so pricy. I hear you.

I like the fishing analogy. Nice one. 

On 5/13/2024 at 1:19 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

That is a really cool setup. 

Thank you!

On 5/13/2024 at 5:46 AM, Silmarilliane said:

Woohoo! Looks great!

Ahh, I'm glad :)

Thanks, Silmarilliane! 

On 5/13/2024 at 8:49 AM, Darciana said:

You look great! I love how much you're grinning like a fool - you should be!! 😍

Thanks, Darling! I was *SO EXCITED*. :D

23 hours ago, Mistr said:

Excellent news on the game and continued weight loss!

I am big on not trying to force things that don't want to go at the moment. If you don't want to draw, that's fine. Do something else creative. Maybe miniature painting, maybe just make fancy designs in foamed milk on customer's coffees.

I feel like it makes more sense to apply your energy to something that you feel you can do than to struggle to work on a task you "should" do. You know the difference between critical and regular tasks. Order is not important for the regular stuff. Just get something done and call it good.

Thanks, Mistr!

I have been doing a lot of mini painting recently and tons of game prep, so I am certainly being creative. I could try my hand at latte art. *mulls finding some YouTube videos*

Good advice. ❤️ 

22 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Maybe doodle for game prep?

You look great in that dress!

Yes, that is an option. 

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Laghail said:

Shopping in your own closet is the best!!

It really is!

14 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Yay for non-scale victories! And glad to hear your game switched to Saturday's smoothly.

Yay indeed! And yay for the switch, too. It’s a load off. 

Hi Friends,

Another NSV yesterday - my spring wet weather jacket fits and zips all the way up. I was so excited. The last time I tried to wear it was my trip to the UK for Christmas in 2019 and it didn’t do up then. So feeling pretty good about that. It could be looser, but it going on at all and DOING UP was a huge win. I doodled a tiny image of it in my Cousin this morning to celebrate. I drew a slice of pizza yesterday. Doodles are happening the past few days even if they aren’t important enough to share. I think Ever’s “art not made for sharing” is a solid policy sometimes…

Last night we had potstickers for supper and they were pretty good. Not quite as filling as I would have liked despite eating ~3 portions (a portion is 4) so I will need to bulk that out with  a salad or something in the future. Dave went to bed really early last night and I kind of lost the thread and ended up doing the same even though I could have spent that time doing something else. I am struggling a bit to fill my evenings. I think I might move some of my mini painting stuff back up to the coffee table and plug my lamp in again. It’s not hurting me to go to bed early lately, but I feel like I am just waiting around doing nothing and I don’t like that feeling. Kind of the opposite of reverse revenge bed procrastination. Lol

I booked a haircut for Thursday and am quite excited to get my shave put back in as I am a little scruffy. I’m thinking of growing some of the back out for as long as I can stand it so maybe I can get things into a ponytail. My flop is long enough that I really should be pinning it back while I am at work so it’s not bothering me by being in my face and a ponytail would be a simple option for that.

I need to walk to work today because Dave will be in a meeting. It’s not raining today so that should be fine. Even if it had been raining it would have been okay as long as I packed extra socks (my sneakers would inevitably get soaked with the rain as they are fabric not vinyl). I like that the walking pre-shift is an option now. What a change from pre-January when I was in such agony from just working my shift! I am so grateful for my orthotics!

I hope that you have enough steam to knock something off your to-do list today and enough free time to really relax for a moment. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 13

Congrats on all the clothing victories! It feels so nice to be able to shop your own closet and get out use out of clothes - especially the kind you only need in certain occasions, like a fancy dress or raincoat!

• Thanks 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

CURRENT CHALLENGE: 3, 2, 1... Bake!

I love your clothing fit victories! And your cooking. And the fact that it's possible to do DnD with video calls. Who knew? 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Dropping in to catch up.

WOOHOO for NSV and schedule adjustments!

I think the Barbell Arms training from other challenges is continuing its good work. I also really like the pre-work walking weather and joy. :) 

Sending love.

❤️ 

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Yay, what a great dress! The neckline is cool and the colour is fabulous. 

Congrats also on successfully switching game days. I have a game that’s had the regular day switch like four times??? Often it’s been a mutual thing, like we’ll go “hmm, we all seem to have a lot of conflicts on Fridays, even every two weeks, is there a day that works better?” But the choir I joined in the fall rehearses on what was our day at that time and I was terrified that I’d have to choose between music and game! We were able to switch days again, though, haha. 

• That's Metal 1
On 5/14/2024 at 9:26 AM, Laghail said:

mmmm potstickers

I have a book for learning to make many dumplings from scratch that I hope to dig into this summer. 

On 5/14/2024 at 9:31 AM, athousandwords said:

Congrats on all the clothing victories! It feels so nice to be able to shop your own closet and get out use out of clothes - especially the kind you only need in certain occasions, like a fancy dress or raincoat!

Thank you!

On 5/14/2024 at 9:33 AM, Harriet said:

I love your clothing fit victories! And your cooking. And the fact that it's possible to do DnD with video calls. Who knew? 

Thanks, Harriet! 

Yes, I am very happy that we can do video D&D. I would really miss my friends if we had fewer shared activities like this. 

22 hours ago, Heidi said:

Dropping in to catch up.

WOOHOO for NSV and schedule adjustments!

I think the Barbell Arms training from other challenges is continuing its good work. I also really like the pre-work walking weather and joy. :) 

Sending love.

❤️

Thank you for popping by! Sending love back! ❤️

19 hours ago, Radost said:

Yay, what a great dress! The neckline is cool and the colour is fabulous. 

Congrats also on successfully switching game days. I have a game that’s had the regular day switch like four times??? Often it’s been a mutual thing, like we’ll go “hmm, we all seem to have a lot of conflicts on Fridays, even every two weeks, is there a day that works better?” But the choir I joined in the fall rehearses on what was our day at that time and I was terrified that I’d have to choose between music and game! We were able to switch days again, though, haha. 

Yes, the neckline was what drew me to it. I am a little bit vain about my shoulders and like to show them off. 😅 The green is a little outside my experience, but I think it looks pretty decent. Mum and Dad were happy with it (I was in their wedding party which is what the dress was originally for) and that was what mattered. 

Thank you! I am glad you have been able to switch days to keep your game going, too. ❤️ 

Hi Friends!

It is the Friday of a long weekend here, and this weekend is Dave’s and my 8th wedding anniversary. He’s home, which I think has only happened twice - usually he is in the field. We aren’t sure what we are doing to celebrate, but I am excited to have him with me instead of out elsewhere. We were both married before, but our marriage has lasted longer than either of our first marriages and that makes me really happy. I never thought I’d get married again (never mind to a guy!) but we are pretty damn happy trundling along together. I am so grateful. 

Weighed in this morning and pretty much the same as last week which is good considering that I am still eating like a goblin. We need to get groceries this weekend so I have been trying to get some meal planning done for immediate meals and meals to go into the freezer for future use. We are eating out too much and financially that isn’t what I want and I am certain it is also not helping the weight loss goals. In addition to cooking this weekend I also want to get some yard work done. Normally we don’t mow in May but the back yard looks like a major jungle already with the rain we have had and it needs to be done. I would also like to weed my big planter and get some zucchini seeds in the ground. Maybe some beans and such. I have been amassing seeds for a while and not planting so I have no idea if they are going to work out (especially because I didn’t plant and rear seedlings indoors and we have such a short growing season) but I am willing to throw some things on the ground and see what happens. I am such a haphazard gardener. *lol*

I have some game prep to do, but I just realized that I don’t have game tonight because it’s Saturdays now which opens things up a bit in terms of breathing room. Nice. 

I hope that you find a minute to listen to a song you love today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 7

Congrats on the wedding anniversary!!!

• Thanks 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

WooHoo for 8 years! You guys rock.

B) 

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace