spacer.png

The Stats Breakdown for the Quest of it All

Constitution: Eat fiber daily, drink milk, pick up the farm share weekly. This interlaces with low-spend goals, since I have already paid for the milk and farm share. My pantry has tea enough for the end of the year, and other dry goods enough for many months, which helps boost the Wisdom gains.

Stamina: Always with the sleeping! Rest is sacred work. Boost from good food and emotional balance.

Strength: Keep the job. Boost from Emotional Balance: Showing up to the toxic workplace with a calm heart and mindful attitude helps me dodge the traps and snares. I had an actual PTSD episode back in May over the precarity and toxicity at work. I can’t change the environment, but I can address its effects and how I approach it. Acupuncture and Zazen are definitely part of this. When debt reduction is complete, there’s a bonus, since I won’t need the same weight of financial lift, but that’s too far into the future to discuss; right now just being able to say yes to the Brain PT is an impressive show of strength.

Dexterity Emotional Balance. Zazen. Boost from Acupuncture and massage. Court October 3.

Intelligence PhD things. Committee Meeting, research. Receipt of the Qualifying Exam questions. Draft a plan for the Qualifying Exam.

Wisdom Medical payments and tax things. Setting up a pre-tax deduction for the very scary and expensive Brain PT, and also setting up a pretax deduction for the retirement account. After that, anything left over will go to debt reduction. There’s a lot of low-spend between now and the end of the year. Boost from accountability alliances in the forums.

Charisma is about alliances. I’m developing those through the forums and Zazen, and nurturing what I developed in Pinball League and Band Boosters. Very much hoping that something gives on the counseling front.

I’m here for in the spirit of adventure and looking to keep an adventuring spirit in the face of it all. I’m writing up a character sheet, complete with a Pratchett-meets-DnD narrative about the disability.

Stats

Skill    Open     Focus   24.7
Constitution      13 Good food   Boost from Acupuncture  
Strength     17 Going to Work   I'm adding back in going to the gym. This helps make me strong, and also helps me go to work, which is harder some days than others. Boost from Emotional Balance and Debt Reduction  
Intelligence     18 Philosophy   Committee Meeting, Reading & Research, Qualifying Exam  
Dexterity     18 Emotional Balance   Zazen, Acupuncture, Massage. Court October 3  
Wisdom     18 Debt Reduction   Spend less; save more. Report on spending to the Financial Freedom Fighters group. Boost from annual subscriptions.  
Charisma     17 Alliances   Pinball League, Band Parents, morning phone call.  
Stamina     8 Rest & Healing   Brain gym, Sleep. Boost from Good Food and Emotional Balance  

The Points Sytstem (shamelesslessly inspired by others, especially @Ranger Hal and @Artemis Prime)

Cantrips +1 each Daily tasks that I'm tracking, including loggin in to work, forum posts, and a whole host of things that @DarK_RaideR used to call "domestic Rangering."

Druiding +20 each Weekly tasks. Ideally I would have 5 of these a week, one for each weekday, but sometimes things get a little jumbled. I'm hoping that tracking will help me find a niceer, or at least smoother, rhythm.

Gym +10/visit What matters is that I actually go to the gym. I'm not worried about how much I do or even what I do; I'm here to re-establish a habit. Going in the door is the win.

PhD Things +20 each The brain injury is making an intellectual work extrememly difficult right now, and I've amended my timeline, but there are still PhD things to be done. 

Debt & Finances +20 each Monthly things that have to be done (medical bills, tuition, savings, credit card payments, etc.)

Social +20 each I'm glad I have alliances, and also it takes a huge amount out of me to go out of the house, and to be social, and when both of these are happening, wow, it's a lot for this introvert. 

Medical Appintmnts +20 each I have more medical appointments than ever, and they wear me out, but they need to be done. I'm hoping that tracking will help me manage them a little more smoothly.

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 2

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Here for you and all of this! ❤️ 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Heidi said:

Rest is sacred work.

Truth. My brain is so sacrilegious, though.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

10 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Here for you and all of this! ❤️ 

Happy to have you along, as ever. ❤️ 

7 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Truth. My brain is so sacrilegious, though.

Same!!

A meditation practice has really helped.

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Here, as always.

Blessed by your company, as always.

I wrote up a bit about the TBI, giving it a name and some Monster/poison qualities.

Behold, the .303 BookwormInspired by Pratchett, and also fitting as it was acquired while working in a library. This needs to be a full-on appendix, with wizardspell type charts and things, but I don't know where to go on that just yet. I'm not very familiar with the monster manual. Questions to answer are my personal Philsopher-Librarian addiciton, so if you have questions about the narrative, it's all to the good: hit me up and I'll write an answer and see where that takes me. Suggestions welcome. :) 

This morning's saving throw against the Worm was a success. I think that having less on my plate, the focus of last challenge, really is making a difference. The last two weeks have been nothing short of hellish at the end of a very difficult month, and I was able to make my way through with dignity and grace only because there were fewer turns to navigate. So here we are with the beginning of the challenge, and I've had two successful saving-throw mornings in a row.

For those of you knowledgeable about the D&D things: how should I track this? I can do a binary y/n each day, and that's helpful for understanding, but it's not an achievement. It's the measure of a condition, one which affects abilities and saving throw scores for the rest of the day. 

Actual measurable goals? Do I even have any of those? Maybe just the PhD things -- reading and writing; the committee meetings are really just milestones along the journey. 

Eat; meditate; sleep; study; acupuncture; repeat.

This is the Way.

?

• Like 5

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Acupuncture continues to be a gift from the Universe. Taylor is amazing, generally as a person and as an acupuncturist. I had a session at lunch today, and while he was putting needles all over me, he said he'd been thinking about the braint pt, and how we are scheduling appointments right after the pt sessions, and asked if I'd be interested in a treatment he's been considering for me but that is nine sessions, and each session is longer than a typical appointment. I said tell me more, and he did and it sounds like a really helpful and timely thing to add to the PT, a series of treatments that will work with what the PT is trying to accomplish. It's kind of an ideal setup, since it's usually best to do any exercise before an acupuncture session, not after (after is for water and rest). If I were doing muscle PT, an acupuncture session after could be tailored to work with that and enhance it, as long as I drank plenty of water and didn't do much after the session. This is good. Thank you Taylor, and thank you Universe.

Brainstorm indeed.

I heard about the school shooting in Georgia on my way home, and honestly, this country can't keep going on like this, and education can't keep going on like this, thoughts that I have every time there is a school shooting. Pray for my poor country. We are at war with ourselves.

I am glad I have Zazen avilable this evening, and might make use of it.

In the meantime, I'm working on how to track things this challenge, and hoping that the Adventure Party comes together this week.

• Like 5

&Heidi

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Heidi said:

I think that having less on my plate

Reading your goals I'm wondering what 'less' means to you :D but I'm here for it and you ❤️ 

• Haha 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

23 hours ago, Laghail said:

Following!

Welcome!!

17 hours ago, RES said:

Reading your goals I'm wondering what 'less' means to you :D but I'm here for it and you ❤️ 

Did my therapist pay you to say this? :D 

If you'd seen where I started, you'd know that this is a lifelong pursuit of less. Nothing happens quickly, but indeed, there is much much less than ever before. [Two graduate degrees full time at the same time, plus a job and housekeeping and parenting and public committees and court dates and commitments and good lord, I'm exhausted just typing it all.]

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

I fully support you, Friend. May the Less be More in all the Best of Ways ?

Less is always more, unless and until it becomes scarcity. That's how we know.

This is the Way.

Hi, Friends.

Morning Saving Throw was a success. I like this.

I logged in to work and all was well enough, and it's been a pretty wild ride ever since.  Things are changing all over the place, which I think is a distraction, but whatever: my work doesn't change, no matter what management tool or reporting cycle we have.  What I took away from the meeting is that I'm included in the meeting and this is very encouraging. Emotional Balance  and perspective for the win.

Bonus: I've read the first few pages of both articles that remain. I've got some notes on both that are very encouraging. I plan on finishing the second reading this evning after my phone call with Georgia, then getting as far as I can on the first one, and then looking at the rest of Chapter 9. I have no idea how far I'll get on any of it, but the meeting with James is tomorrow afternoon, so we'll just see. I'm very glad that the brain space has opened back up for me to be able to read and digest Big Ideas again. This is good, and the rest clearly made a difference. 

I plotted out the chart for this challenge, and the good news is that I have at least four weeks before I'll get the official Qualifying Exam questions -- it could be longer. I'll ask James if he'd like to continue our weekly reading meetings until then. I think we are supposed to stop meeting once I enroll in the qualifying exam as an official thing, but that enrollment doesn't happen until Spring, so there's plenty to discuss. In any event, I'm feeling as though I have enough time and space to do this and to do it well, and that's nice. 

Apparently word has gotten out about SEnate Bean Soup, and there has been a run on ham hocks at grocery stores all over town. I'm planning on going to a local butcher tomorrow and picking up a few hocks that I can store in the freezer, since I'm out and there is only a single serving of soup left (which now seems like a stone-cold tragedy). If I can leave work early enough, I might go to the butcher today, since I'd like to set up a full batch of soup this evening to simmer while I read.

My house is clean.

My homework is getting done.

I have good food.

This is the Way.

❤️ 

• Like 6

&Heidi

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Heidi said:

I logged in to work and all was well enough, and it's been a pretty wild ride ever since.  Things are changing all over the place, which I think is a distraction, but whatever: my work doesn't change, no matter what management tool or reporting cycle we have.  What I took away from the meeting is that I'm included in the meeting and this is very encouraging. Emotional Balance  and perspective for the win.

One of the things I miss about working from home all the time is remote meetings. When I was remote, I could have my camera off and work on carding wool while I listened to the meeting. It was easy enough to set down and take notes if anything important came up. The carding occupied my hands so I could pay attention. Plus I could take out any frustrations on the wool. ? I got the satisfaction of being productive, regardless of the content of the meeting. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Heidi said:

Bonus: I've read the first few pages of both articles that remain. I've got some notes on both that are very encouraging. I plan on finishing the second reading this evning after my phone call with Georgia, then getting as far as I can on the first one, and then looking at the rest of Chapter 9. I have no idea how far I'll get on any of it, but the meeting with James is tomorrow afternoon, so we'll just see. I'm very glad that the brain space has opened back up for me to be able to read and digest Big Ideas again. This is good, and the rest clearly made a difference. 

Excellent that your brain is letting you read and think about Big Ideas!

• Like 2

Level 80  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

5 hours ago, Heidi said:

Did my therapist pay you to say this? :D 

If you'd seen where I started, you'd know that this is a lifelong pursuit of less. Nothing happens quickly, but indeed, there is much much less than ever before. [Two graduate degrees full time at the same time, plus a job and housekeeping and parenting and public committees and court dates and commitments and good lord, I'm exhausted just typing it all.]

Maybe ;) 

I'm exhausted reading it! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

One of the things I miss about working from home all the time is remote meetings. When I was remote, I could have my camera off and work on carding wool while I listened to the meeting. It was easy enough to set down and take notes if anything important came up. The carding occupied my hands so I could pay attention. Plus I could take out any frustrations on the wool. ? I got the satisfaction of being productive, regardless of the content of the meeting. Just a thought.

Excellent that your brain is letting you read and think about Big Ideas!

I have knitting near my “work station” and I find that the same is true — if I have something to occupy my hands, I’m able to pay more attention. Bonus: knitting lowers my blood pressure (who knew??). 

33 minutes ago, RES said:

Maybe ;) 

I'm exhausted reading it! 

I’ll tell her you delivered the message when I see her tomorrow at lunchtime. :) 

After the call with Georgia, I drove to get the farm share and then drove a bit farther and went to a new-to-me butcher that opened up on the South end of town shortly after the pandemic. They have locally-sourced organic meats that they process on site. The smoked ham hocks that I picked up were smoked in their smoker last week and are simply gorgeous. They are also much larger than the ones available at the commercial grocery, and while they are pricier (by enough that my Churchmouse self nearly said “No, thank you!”) they are absolutely worth it. I knew I needed to find a chemical-free option for the ham hocks (the commercial grocery ones use a ton of nitrates and things, and that send my brain into a tizzy, even in small amounts, and we don’t need that, thank you very much). I’m glad to have one in the soup, simmering away, two in the freezer and one in the fridge.  

I also picked up a quart of homemade chicken stock, processed just yesterday when the butchers roasted some chickens and then stewed the hell out of the bones for the stock. I poured the quart into the pot and then poured in another quart of water — stock is too thick to be used as a cooking broth. Again, my past-self was aghast at the cost, and I shushed her. My depression-era soup has now gone full-on bougie-gourmet, and even so, the price for the full-batch that I put on the stove was about $25 and if past is prologue, it will feed me for a week. I will use regular broth for upcoming batches, but it felt nice to be able to say yes to the stock, and to know that it comes with all the bone marrow goodness that I clearly need right now. 

There was a slab of salmon that called to me from the fridge case, but I passed it by. 

Maybe I’ll start buying salmon again if the Brain PT makes me loopy — salmon has a wonderfully restorative immediate effect, and it pairs so nicely with black lentils. I love the way the black lentils give an earthly balance to the citrusy brightness of steamed salmon with lemon. I usually pair it with some asparagus or spinach in the springtime, and it has been extra beneficial to helping bring my brain out of its Winter Cave (yes, the seasonal shifts affect me at the brain level, and yes, this sounds woo woo, and whatever, this is the way of the BookWorm).

I ran out of milk for the week yesterday morning, so I picked up a half-gallon of organic whole milk to tide me over to the next delivery. 

I’m assuming the delivery is still at the alternate location, which is extremely inconvenient, a surprise project took longer than expected and was supposed to only reroute delivery one week. That was 8 weeks ago.  Anyway, I’ll keep a watch on the milk consumption. If I continue to drink enough to warrant a regular increase to my herd share, I’ll contact the dairyman. One week doesn’t warrant a change yet, but I can see that the milk has been having a notable positive effect in helping me come out of the recent troubles, and helping mitigate the awfulness while it’s happening.  Leave it to a Druid to plan her whole life around food-as-medicine. I’ll stop casting food spells when they stop working. :) 

By the way, there’s an empty lot for sale near the butcher shop, and that whole strip has turned into a charming neighborhood center. It’s just dying for a bookshop, and I don’t need a new project. No, I do not. I don’t need the three bedroom house that’s around the corner, either. No, ma’am. Not moving. Not taking on new debts. Not taking on a new project. Not even if I could call it Ravenswood Books and have Quoth the Raven as my mascot. NOPE.

Once I set up the soup and put the weekly vegetables and fruits away, I heated up the last bowl of soup and poured a glass of milk and sat down with the essay. It’s good, but not as good as some of the others, but this was actually helpful in a way the others weren’t. Instead of being an awesome conversation about Big Ideas, this author placed critical theory and one philosopher’s work pretty squarely in context of social and educational pressures of modern times, while also calling out a whole bunch of other philosophers who are saying pointedly similar or pointedly opposite things, and showing how the opposite camp keeps getting amplified, mostly because their view conforms to an anti-intellectual, pro-capitalist business model. This was a nice walk through some of the broad landscape of critical theory as it applies to education and the humanities, broadly, specifically higher education, but you know I’m good at what i do and can translate to lower ed and to libraries with ease.  Because that’s what I do.

I was worn out as I read it — it was a long article and it was dense, despite my characterization of it as a stroll—and I’m glad I finished, but I’m definitely done for the night. If I have bandwidth tomorrow after lunch and before the meeting with James, I’ll finish chapter 9. The second essay by this same author can wait.

My house is clean.

My fridge is stocked.

I got to talk with Georgia.

My homework is done for the day.

The Bougie-Gourmet Senate Bean Soup is almost done. 

I’ll probably retreat to my cave and watch an episode while the soup finishes, then be done for the night.

It’s a good day.

• Like 6

&Heidi

Spoiler

I forgot to mention that yesterday during the acupuncture session, Taylor pointed out that my spleen is inflamed and asked if it was sore. I said yes, but that I had assumed it was weird muscle pain. He said it’s that, too (because the neurological issues make all the muscles tense up and it takes forever for them to release, and they are sore as hell when they do). But that’s what led to the food conversations. I don’t need to aggravate my spleen. I have enough going on.

❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

I'm getting hungry just reading this...having a local source for good, chemical free things would be amazing! More communities need to have that ❤️ 

• Like 2

Spoiler

3 hours ago, RES said:

I'm getting hungry just reading this...having a local source for good, chemical free things would be amazing! More communities need to have that ❤️ 

Its true!

I have thoughts about food production and transport.

For what it's worth, more and more places are partnering with Farmers for local food. I have been doing it for over twenty years, but look up Community Supported Agriculture or Farm Shares to see if there's a partnership near you.

FYI: It's a whole mindset shift, once you buy in. Annual subscriptions are usually open in February and March, and frequently fill up quickly. The first payment (sometimes one payment for the whole year) is usually due in April -- some have payment options, so look into that. Then it's a whole thing of deciding what you'll eat based on the produce in the bag or box that week. Weird, yes, but worth it.

Morning Saving throw passed nicely.

I ended up needing the heating pad while I watched an episode before bed last night, and I'm glad I had this. I think it made a big difference in how I slept and how I woke up.

Work has been a bunch of crankiness meetings, and the last one was with my SmolTeam, and I put on my conflict resolution hat and said to the team lead, "Hey, we're all on your side, here. We aren't giving pushback. We just need a picture of the new process so we can make sure we're giving you what you need at the business level. Our work doesn't change." I said it calmly, and I think it was heard. The tone shifted, and this was good. That was an hour ago, adn I've got that post-conflict-resolution tearfulness that always happens. Emotional labor is labor.

After that meeting, the Junior Dev and I had a one-on-one chat, which was exactly what I needed. By the end we were laughing and talking about having a company read-along of The Prince. I figure we can follow that up with The Art of War. 

Unsurprisingly, with all this, I haven't even picked up Chapter 9 yet.

Okay, Universe, maybe I won't get any reading done. The meeting with James will still be excellent, as it always is.

My house is clean.

My fridge is stocked.

Georgia comes to visit tomorrow.

❤️ 

• Like 7

&Heidi

Spoiler

I had a bowl of Bougie Senate Bean Soup after the meetings were finally through.

I'm pleased to report that the local natural hamhocks made a huge difference -- the smokey flavor was much smoother. Even though it was more subtle, it had more depth.

The stock was a bit gamey and strong, which is what stock is for. Even though I cut it with filtered water, it was still a bit too much. In the future, I think going with organic chicken broth is the right approach, and my wallet is happy about this.

The soup is very satisfying., and exactly what I needed after a difficult work day and before I meet with James. 

Honestly, my face and body feel as though I've been low-keep weeping all day, even though I haven't been. Emotions are very large today. What the hell is up with the astrology? Is the moon feeling wounded? Anyway, I feel like I want to do nothing more than nap for three days. 

I'll go fetch the milk after I'm finished with James and then come home and rest.

All will be well.

❤️ 

• Like 7

&Heidi

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Heidi said:

For what it's worth, more and more places are partnering with Farmers for local food. I have been doing it for over twenty years, but look up Community Supported Agriculture or Farm Shares to see if there's a partnership near you.

Oh thank you! I found a whole website list of different ones around the ATL area!

• That's Metal 2

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Heidi said:

What the hell is up with the astrology? Is the moon feeling wounded?

Moon moves into Scorpio tomorrow, so it's probably a fairly unproductive time right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

On 9/4/2024 at 1:32 AM, Heidi said:

I’m here for in the spirit of adventure and looking to keep an adventuring spirit in the face of it all. I’m writing up a character sheet, complete with a Pratchett-meets-DnD narrative about the disability.

Forst of all, I love this, beautifully put together.

Secondly, I don't know if you've come across Limitless Heroics, but your sheet really reminded me of it: https://wyrmworkspublishing.com/product/limitless-heroics/

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 9/6/2024 at 9:48 PM, RES said:

Oh thank you! I found a whole website list of different ones around the ATL area!

Heck yes!!

If you go the farm share route, feel free to send me “what the hell is this?” and “lookit this beauty!” posts. I love local seasonal agriculture.

On 9/6/2024 at 9:57 PM, RES said:

Moon moves into Scorpio tomorrow, so it's probably a fairly unproductive time right now.

UGH.

And with the recent new moon (opposite Saturn) happening at the same time as Mars square Neptune, there’s just heaps of angst to go around. The sky is literally asking us to process through our melancholy, disappointment, and worry. BOO. Why feel your feelings? I have forty-leven unfinished projects to choose from to prove that you can literally NOT feel your feelings in semi-productive ways. :) 

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing the emotional work, which is likely not as scary or as exhausting as the worry that we can so often put into it. 

In my case, I set the worry down and said, thank you Universe for being uncertain and unpredictable, and then went to sleep.

Rest is sacred work.

23 hours ago, MezzothePatient said:

following along. ? I hope your weekend is restorative!

Welcome aboard! 

I hope you are having a lovely weekend, too.

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

Forst of all, I love this, beautifully put together.

Secondly, I don't know if you've come across Limitless Heroics, but your sheet really reminded me of it: https://wyrmworkspublishing.com/product/limitless-heroics/

I’m very glad you liked it.

I haven’t heard of Limitless Heroics at all, and this was lovely. Thank you for sharing it!

Yesterday’s meeting with James was just grand. He’s so good at this.

I’m looking forward to the committee meeting on Friday afternoon, and am going to ask Taylor to move the acupuncture session to lunchtime before the Committee meeting, since both Neal and James have asked for some one-on-one time after the meeting to discuss whatever went on in the meeting itself. Neal first, James said, then a bit of time with him to discuss the whole lot and also to choose our schedule going forward. 

I didn’t go pick up the milk after meeting with James. Our session was almost two hours long, and it was really good, but I was tired afterwards and it was too late to be picking up he milk unannounced, and I texted the house owner and asked what time was permissible in the morning, and then brushed my teeth and fell asleep by 9:30.

I woke up around 2:30 and was muzzy-headed. I could tell that the Bookworm was at it, but it was a low enough annoyance that I just kind of scrolled the news and meditated and then went back to sleep a few hours later. I woke up at 8 with the real deal (failed saving throw against The Worm) and took a Maxalt (healing boost potion thing). Even with that, it was all still a dicey mess as I got dressed and made my way to the North end of town to get the milk. I was nearly human by the time I pulled in the driveway. The host of this delivery site is an old acquaintance and she’s a fellow witch-druid-thing, and it’s always nice to see her. We talked some as I got the milk, and she offered me an aloe that needed repotting, and I said yes and helped repot it. It’s a mess, having tried to grow through a railing at one point, and we did our dirt-work together. It still needs some significant support to reshape it, but i love having it. As I put the aloe in the car, I mentioned that I am very much missing my ficus plant, and she walked me to a spot of her yard where a potted ficus bush is going a little nuts. She took a cutting of the ficus tree I gave her three years ago and planted it in a pot and it’s been going gangbusters, and she had been feeling bad about wanting to get rid of it. I couldn’t have spoken up at a better time. We corralled the Very Large plant into the back of the Smart Car, left the hatchback window pane open, and tied a red bandana to the trunk for visibility.

I drove home slowly, making the other Saturday morning drivers irritated that I had the nerve to be doing the speed limit, and it was all good. I got to the parking lot a few minutes before Georgia arrived, and she and I had a grand time fetching the wagon and bringing in the plants. The ficus is really impressive, and I stacked a two side tables to get the right height, and Georgia loves it and so do I. The tables are all sorts of wrong, but now that I know the height and the location, I can figure out what actual piece of furniture is needed. The Peace Lily will likely want to be higher as well, and the whole thing is coming together in the dining room area. 

Georgia and I had a lot of good conversation today. 

I was pretty tired by the time she left, and I’m looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow. 

I made a sandwich from the roast beef that I picked up at the butcher’s yesterday, and it was the perfect dinner along with a large glass of milk that did more for my poor head than anything had yet.

Goodnight nerds.

❤️ 

• Like 7

&Heidi

Spoiler

Oh I love little plant things and goings on. I'm glad it all worked out with perfect timing. Also quite glad to hear the meeting with James went swimmingly.

I'm quite envious of the farm shares and such. There's a farmer's market here, but very little produce involved. It's nice and the people lovely, but not what I'm looking for. No CSA or anything else in the area. Quite sad, I think. I'd love to have something along those lines around.

For the butcher, I've been doing some research. I haven't been fortunate to come across something worth trying, but you give me hope! Enjoy the soup for me, it sounds incredibly delightful and I look forward to making my own soups very soon ❤️ 

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

13 hours ago, Heidi said:

UGH.

And with the recent new moon (opposite Saturn) happening at the same time as Mars square Neptune, there’s just heaps of angst to go around. The sky is literally asking us to process through our melancholy, disappointment, and worry. BOO. Why feel your feelings? I have forty-leven unfinished projects to choose from to prove that you can literally NOT feel your feelings in semi-productive ways. :) 

How dare it ask me to do this?!?!?! I have to say the processing feelings has been going better for me than I expected it to.

14 hours ago, Heidi said:

Heck yes!!

If you go the farm share route, feel free to send me “what the hell is this?” and “lookit this beauty!” posts. I love local seasonal agriculture.

After this conversation I remembered a farmers market less than 10mi from me that I had been to before, I looked it up and they had a CSA, but doesn't look like they're active now.  I may have to start making it a part of my routine to go there each week :) 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Spoiler