4 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

New Addition - Teaser! I'm adding something to next challenge, but you'll have to wait for the new boards to go up to find out what it is. Muahahaha!

Series 12 Thirteenth Doctor GIF by Doctor Who

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Since the new challenge won't go up until late this week, I'll just keep on keeping on here. Though I'm still not revealing the full challenge, I will say that Level 6's foe is Wights with their servile Zombies. 

Light point - did not get up in time for this today. My brilliant strategy for combating this is to move my alarm clock from my windowsill to the chest beside my bed. It is currently absolutely buried in books, so Zero Week goal here is to clear it off enough to move my alarm clock over there.

Word of Radiance - did my abbreviated Morning Prayer this morning and the Zombie made its save. My plan is to give them disadvantage on their saving throw when I do the full liturgy, which I suspect will happen more easily once Light is squared away.

Shape Water - swapped Mending out for a new cantrip, which technically isn't a cleric cantrip, but I don't care, this is one of those cases where real-life value trumps game mechanics. To get this point, I need to empty my water bottle once per day. That's not enough hydration for the day, but it is enough to jump start me and remind me to drink more. Once I start hydrating, I'm usually pretty good, but it's easy for me to get to lunch and realize I've had nothing to drink except one or two mugs of coffee all morning. In future challenges I might give this cantrip an am and a pm slot to more fully track my water intake, but for now I'm starting with this.

Yesterday I got class reading and cleaning done, as well as clearing out some stuff for Turn Undead points. Ran some errands in the early afternoon and then worked on fences. Have 2 stubborn fence posts left that don't want to come out, but also got a bunch of brush cleared. Worked my horse as well and read some more Hobbit. 

I'm pretty antsy to get this fencing squared away and try to make something happen with a horse purchase, so that's my main goal for Zero Week, which is shaking down something like this:

Tuesday - workout at lunch, going to skip OHP and lat pulldowns to get bench, row, and squat done, because I forgot when I was planning my week that I won't be able to do a lunchtime workout on Thursday. Dinner with my sister tonight, but planning to scrounge around before I go and see what fencing I have, could have sworn I had some leftover from replacing exterior fencing last year, but I'm not sure what happened to it. Pretty sure I need more hardware anyways, can order the fencing at the same time if needed.

Wednesday - haircut on lunch break to prep for my new job next week. Neighbor said she didn't need me, so I can do fence work in the evening.

Thursday - busy day, taking my lunch hour at the end of the day so I can get home and load my cat up for her FeLV booster, thankfully my mom has agreed to take her because this is the only day I could get my meat chickens processed, so once I have the cat packed up and shipped off, will start packing chickens and head over to my friend's place. I think we're doing mine and his and nobody else's, so it shouldn't be a late night, but that's still probably all that will get done.

Friday - Noon Eucharist, fence work in the evening.

Saturday - morning deadlifts and then class. Fence work/barn work in the afternoon.

Sunday - Chalice bearing for church, possibly fence/barn work in the afternoon, or family hang time, or a bit of both.

Final week in the old job, a bit bittersweet, but at least it's a full week with me working to get everything squared away before I go. 

Fencing Milestones, Sanctuary points for each task done:

Remove fenceposts (so close! Hopefully tomorrow)

Clear exterior fence (also very close to finished)

Run hot line at top of exterior fence (have all the supplies for it, once the line is cleared it should be a pretty easy job *knock on wood* Why would I say that???)

Clear interior fence line (This one is proving to be a beast, but progress is being made)

Run new interior fence line (shouldn't be too hard, if I have the supplies for it.)

• Like 6

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

23 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Me too!!!!

It's so much worse in this damp and chilly weather as well, so it's an excellent time to make Shape Water a higher priority.

Tuesday Report!

My deload workout was fine. It was definitely time for a deload. Landed a critical hit on a zombie with it, which is an auspicious beginning for a new challenge. Also got my Shape Water point. Found the fencing I thought I had, it miiiight be enough for what I need, going to be cutting it close, but since it's an interior fence, I'll use up what I have and don't mind piecing it if I run short and have to pick up some more, especially since I intend to add further partitioning next year. Went over to my sister's and helped her made potato soup, which was pretty darn tasty. Took some leftovers home for lunch today.

Wednesday - got my Light point this morning, thanks more to my bladder than anything else. So I ended up doing full Morning Prayer and dealing some more damage to the zombie. Further reinforcement that I do want to get up earlier - on the grand scale, it doesn't make a huge difference whether I get up at 6:15 or 6:30. I either lay in bed an extra 15 minutes before getting up to do chores, or I have 15 more minutes to sit and sip my coffee before heading out the door after everything else is done. But it doesn't really work like that, because even though I could fit in full Morning Prayer and breakfast even if I snooze a little long, I start to feel rushed and then I start to cut corners and then my whole day gets off on the wrong foot. Having time to do my full morning routine and just sit for 10-15 minutes puts me in a much better position to start my day from. Good feedback for getting back to a lost habit. 

Another small shift I'm considering - it's dark when I get up, but is already starting to get light by the time I finish chores. I could do Morning Prayer as soon as I wake up, and then go do chores, which just makes it less likely that I'll skip Morning Prayer and also gives me a tiny bit more light for chores. But for decades now, the first thing I do when I roll out of bed is go feed animals, so it just feels wrong to do anything else before I take care of them. Even though they're also mostly still sleeping when I get up and wouldn't care if I came out 10 minutes later. So we'll see how that goes, it's not a big change one way or the other, and might be a case of just not a significant enough difference for me to use up my bandwidth fighting that programming.

• Like 6

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

On 10/16/2024 at 8:58 AM, Artemis Prime said:

, I start to feel rushed and then I start to cut corners and then my whole day gets off on the wrong foot.

This is exactly what happens to me, too.

Solidarity, Light Bringer (oh, wait, I might have invoked the wrong one . . .  dangitol.)

On 10/16/2024 at 8:58 AM, Artemis Prime said:

the first thing I do when I roll out of bed is go feed animals, so it just feels wrong to do anything else before I take care of them.

This is what I call the farmer's alarm, that internal pressure to check in on the animals and the barn and walk the Smol Space. It was, in so many ways, its own form of prayer and meditation for me when I had a farm. Hello morning, hello day, hello the world, hello universe, what have we in store this morning? I'm not saying this should replace Morning Prayer -- that's a special thing on its own. I'm saying that possibly feeding the animals in the morning is a bit of centering for you in the world before you do Morning Prayer. It would have felt weird to me to flip the two. If you choose to mix it up, please let me know how it goes!

Apologies, I'm pretty sure you mentioned it, but I can't seem to remember anything this morning.

What is deloading, exactly?

WOOHOO for exisiting fencing.

fencing GIF by BBC

No, computer, not like that *facepalm*

Aaaand now I'm imagining swashbuckling up and down the bardemonium stairs and epicness on the deck, complete with parkour-worthy dismounts and heroics. :) 

Animated GIF

Though if I tried to do this, it would end up looking like somewhat less grand.

Cary Elwes Falling GIF by Disney+

• Like 7

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Meant to do a full post today, but it is my second-to-last day at my job and I am an unfocused mass of conflicting emotions. 

Fence posts pulled yesterday

Might go look at a horse Sunday

Processing the meat birds tonight

That's all I've got for right now

• Like 9

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Meant to do a full post today, but it is my second-to-last day at my job and I am an unfocused mass of conflicting emotions. 

Fence posts pulled yesterday

Might go look at a horse Sunday

Processing the meat birds tonight

That's all I've got for right now

That's a lot of stuff.

• Like 2

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

?

• Thanks 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 10/16/2024 at 11:39 AM, Heidi said:

I'm saying that possibly feeding the animals in the morning is a bit of centering for you in the world before you do Morning Prayer. It would have felt weird to me to flip the two. If you choose to mix it up, please let me know how it goes!

I do often have trouble settling into anything before I go out and do my chores, which means that trying to do Morning Prayer first would likely mean a decreased quality of focus there, which isn't good. So while I'm not ruling out the possibility of experimenting with flipping the two, I don't think it's something I'm going to try right now.

Apologies, I'm pretty sure you mentioned it, but I can't seem to remember anything this morning.

What is deloading, exactly?

Absolutely no need to apologize! A deload is when you reduce the intensity of your workout for about a week or so in order for some extra recovery. Physically, it gives your muscles and especially your joints a chance to rebuild, though I find it most useful psychologically. You can only push hard in the gym for so long before it just starts to feel like a grind, and having a week to cruise through moving some lighter weights around feels good. It also reminds me that I like pushing myself and want the challenge of heavier weights, which is a sign the deload has done its job and you can resume your regularly scheduled programming. If you've been ignoring the signs of needing a deload and pushing too long, it might take longer than a week to recover, but whenever you're finishing your last set and think "but I want more!" you are fully recovered and ready to go.

WOOHOO for exisiting fencing.

fencing GIF by BBC

No, computer, not like that *facepalm*

No, no - exactly like that! ?

5 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

That's a lot of stuff.

I suppose it is, but it the uncomplicated physical type of stuff, which I could really use this week.

12 hours ago, Salinger said:

Sending love AP ?

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

10 minutes ago, RES said:

?

Thank you, Friends. I have not been sleeping great this week either - probably due to being keyed up about switching jobs, although poor sleep makes me less emotionally stable, which then makes me sleep poorly, which then...BUT processing the meat birds last night was exhausting. By the time I came home, packaged my birds, and showered I fell into bed and slept almost immediately, and am feeling much more grounded this morning. Still going to be a bit sad to be in my cube for the last time, but not all tears are an evil.

Been getting my Shape Water and Morning Prayer points, though the zombies have been making their saves. Going to work on getting my new challenge up later today, but important things first, here's the handsome fella I'm taking a look at on Sunday:

May be an image of horse

• Like 6