Music Video Hair Flip GIF by Bonnie Tyler

Total Eclipse of The Heart

Remember this song? Probably not, most of you weren't born. But the 80's were epic, my hair was born for the 80's. This challenge I will be travelling to Texas to see the eclipse. This will be the second total eclipse I have seen. We travelled to Oregon (driving distance) and this time we are flying with several family members. So, here is my eclipse challenge:

Goal  1 : "Turn Around":

Continuing habit of Bible before screen

Goal 2: "Bright eyes"

Levelling up on habit of getting out workout clothes, now  that winter's past and" I'm no longer living in the dark", goal is to actually get dressed before breakfast .First half of challenge I'm aiming for 2/5 days. then I will go for 3/5

Goal 3: "Every  now and then I get a little restless and dream of something wild:"

Give myself time to dream. Chatting with @Harriet about how too much screen time sucks out  our creativity. I want more time to dream and be creative. No screens (unless I'm using them for creativity in something tangible like scrapbooking) from 1-4 in the afternoon

Goal 4 : "Together we can make it to the end of the line"

I'm continuing my reverse diet. Right now I'm at a good point with my calories , so I just plan on maintaining that. After we return from our trip, the following Monday I will start my cut. Plan is to continue tracking calories and keep at it for 6 weeks

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Love this song!! Great challenge! Here to cheer!

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Love this song!! Great challenge! Here to cheer!

Happy Girl GIF by BlueStacks

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Pics or it didn't happen. 😉

Jem And The Holograms Cartoon GIF

5 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Ah, this is one of my husband's favorite songs.  Following.   

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks!

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I do know the song, and I love the theme! Happy eclipsing!

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

This calls for the literal video!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 2

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

Too funny!

"Arthur Fonzarelli's got an army of clones"

8 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

One of the classics.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

This is such a great challenge, and I love how you blended it all into the lyrics. ❤️ 

Solid goals, solid song, and as a GenX with made-for-the-80s mop, I’m gonna need to see that hair you know. :D 

On 3/23/2024 at 3:27 PM, TimovieMan said:

This absolutely made my day, @TimovieMan. Thank you from the bottom of my GenX heart. 

❤️ 

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

The nostalgia here is brilliant!  Following!

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

On 3/24/2024 at 5:09 PM, Heidi said:

This is such a great challenge, and I love how you blended it all into the lyrics. ❤️ 

Solid goals, solid song, and as a GenX with made-for-the-80s mop, I’m gonna need to see that hair you know. :D 

This absolutely made my day, @TimovieMan. Thank you from the bottom of my GenX heart. 

❤️

I should dig through my old photos and find a pic of me in my best hair days.

On 3/24/2024 at 6:06 PM, fitnessgurl said:

Not only the song in this thread...but also the cartoon Jem!👍

Following along!

Hi there!

14 hours ago, Sepherina said:

The nostalgia here is brilliant!  Following!

80S Dancing GIF

Hi!

• Like 2

I did a  GetFitWIthRick walking  video today. After I finished, I didn't turn it off and the next video came up.I t was Jane Fonda with a room full of people in 80's workout clothes! So apparently, YouTube is going along with my 80' s theme.😀

Last week , we spent the last part of the week staying at my mother in law's house. My brother-in-law is her caretaker, and he was away. So, we went and stayed with her. She is in her 90's. Legally blind, hard of hearing, not very mobile, but very kind and sweet. Anyway. I planned the meals and brought snacks to fit my goals. However I didn't track but did more intuitive eating.. At home, I usually separate out the meat and veggies, so I can weigh the meat .And I  weigh my the carby foods. But, I was trying to combine things to make it easier for her to eat. I also forgot my food scale.I determined it would be a good practice for me not to be overly dependent on my routine ( I can easily veer into that) and just eat intuitively. When I weighed today, I was still the same weight. I had done two workouts before we left, so I just did  walking and some mobility work while I was there. Mobility work is pretty much like hot yoga, because the house is heated to 82 degrees.🙂

Back at home. Today I did the first workout of Phase 3. I am really enjoying this workout program(Mindpump Anabolic) it is set up in three, three week phases. First phase is low rep heavy weight, second is higher volume, third is higher volume less rest. They have a lot of the same exercises, but each phase has a few new ones. It's enough different to make it interesting, but not so different that it takes up to much brain power to use. 

One of the nex exercises was sissy squats. Those are tough. And my quads have all the DOMS.

I did not want to get back to tracking today after my break, but I did

Bible before screens :yes

Workout clothes on - YES

no screens between 1- 4. Nope I totally forgot about it. Then I was looking at NF at about 3:45, and I remembered. Oops. I thought I put it in my habit tracker, but it didn't save or something. Now , it is in my habit tracker and I have a reminder set for 1:00. 

• Like 5

On 3/22/2024 at 11:42 PM, Elastigirl said:

Total Eclipse of The Heart

Remember this song?

This is my go-to karaoke song, so I love this challenge. Following along!

Great work maintaining with intuitive eating during your week away. ❤️ 

• Like 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Awesome work with the intuitive eating! Glad you had a good trip!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, athousandwords said:

This is my go-to karaoke song, so I love this challenge. Following along!

Great work maintaining with intuitive eating during your week away. ❤️ 

It is a good karaoke or sing in the shower song. Thanks

13 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Awesome work with the intuitive eating! Glad you had a good trip!

Thanks

Here for all the eclipses. Including the 90's goth version... 🤘🏻

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

21 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Here for all the eclipses. Including the 90's goth version... 🤘🏻

Gotta aprreciate the singing and the  costuming of this group.

11 hours ago, athousandwords said:

I'm so excited about this for you!

image.png.c7e8c0883e3c0177ae2f0d8a5f98902b.png

Thanks. I'm sure my family is hoping I play this while we watch the eclipse.😉

• Like 1

Yesterday I remember the no screens at 1:30 , while starting at screens (supposed to start at 1:00) But I then stopped then. Not sure why my reminder isn't going off. Went on a walk with my friend.

Today I did my workout. It's only a 30 second break between sets, which is hard for me. A good challenge though. Still have quad DOMS, though they are less.

I did no screen between 1- 4. It's really more no Instagram, or Facebook. I looked up a recipe, and a recorded calories at MFP, and listened to a podcast. The main thing is no scrolling. It's so tempting. As soon as I logged my calories, my first instinct was to scroll Instagram!  And several times during that three hour time span, I was tempted, I chose this time as it's an easier time to avoid scrolling, as I'm busier. So, yikes, I spend way too much time.And it's such a default to go to after I am working on the computer. 

I did get dressed before breakfast.

• Like 4

Been a bit since I updated. This week was busy. Friday night was churhc, Saturday was getting dinner ready for Easter Sunday, and going to game night. Then Easter Sunday, which was church and having family over.  I did not track calories either day.Saturday because I was busy, and Sunday because I don't track on holidays.

Goals

Goal  1 : "Turn Around":

Continuing habit of Bible before screen

My tracker says 3/5. I think I actually did it more, and just forgot to check the box. 

Goal 2: "Bright eyes"

Levelling up on habit of getting out workout clothes, now  that winter's past and" I'm no longer living in the dark", goal is to actually get dressed before breakfast .First half of challenge I'm aiming for 2/5 days. then I will go for 3/5

4/5-!

Goal 3: "Every  now and then I get a little restless and dream of something wild:"

Give myself time to dream. Chatting with @Harriet about how too much screen time sucks out  our creativity. I want more time to dream and be creative. No screens (unless I'm using them for creativity in something tangible like scrapbooking) from 1-4 in the afternoon

2/5 and other days were at least partial. This is also just helping me delay scrolling at other times. Hoping to break the habit of just automatically scrolling when I have downtime

Goal 4 : "Together we can make it to the end of the line"

I'm continuing my reverse diet. Right now I'm at a good point with my calories , so I just plan on maintaining that. After we return from our trip, the following Monday I will start my cut. Plan is to continue tracking calories and keep at it for 6 weeks

Despite Easter Sunday feasting, scale still maintained. I counted calories during the week, but not on the weekend. I meant to on Saturday, but was just super busy. But , food on Saturday was pretty much normal

• Like 4

Monday happenings

Bible before screens:yes

dressed before breakfast; yes

weekly to do list; done

no internet screen time between 1 and 4: Nope, failed this one. No excuses, Just felt like scrolling and I did. Also had one of those well I already failed the goal, so what's the point now . I might have to tweak the goal wording a bit.

Did my workout. I feel like my shoulder is a bit sore.DOMS or maybe a bit more. Hurt right after I did the shoulder shrugs. That's the exercise I tweaked it on before. I think I should keep it to about an RPE of 5 or 6.As soon as I get tired, I roll my shoulders forward, and that's when the muscle gets strained.

Monday brain: I did the wrong exercise. I read what was written (flys) and then somehow  my brain converted that to presses. Also, I completely overlooked one exercise. I remembered it later in the day and did it. Ah, well, my Monday brain was working hard.😀

I made this pie yesterday for Easter;Vegan Chocolate Pie - Karissa's Vegan Kitchen (karissasvegankitchen.com) It was very good. Today we had 2 1/2 pieces left over.. After my workout, I had  one piece, I threw the half piece away, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it later, and left the remaining piece for Mr. Incredible

• Like 3