[DarK_RaideR] wraps up Chapter 1 of the MasterPlan

Round the end of last challenge, I finally got my fiance visa. Earlier this week I told my employer I'm leaving after the end of the month. And few hours before typing this, I booked my one way tickets for October 3rd.

This challenge is all about tying up any loose ends and preparing for my departure. By the end of it, I should be living in a new country with my soon-to-be-wife and I couldn't be any more excited.  Thus I'm not doing traditional challenge goals but more of a list that I'll be updating as things get done. If anything, my goal is to get it all done before I leave, or, since I'm also working for most of that time period, make sure any non-work free time is actually used to take care of these things because the clock is ticking!

• Sort out my proof of address papers
    • Translate my latest energy bill
    • Have the translation stamped and certified by a fellow lawyer
    • Mail everything alongside my passport pictures (already have those)
  • Let my accountant know when to terminate my tax and insurance ties
    • Take termination papers to the local bar association
  • Have my cats transferred to their new home
  • Finalize the sale of my car
    • Receive payment
    • Do the transfer of ownership paperwork
    • Hand over car, keys etc
  • Pack my things
  • Make arrangements regarding household bills
  • Wrap up my personal cases
    • Case 1
      • Make sure someone checks my mail and notifies me when a certain letter arrives. The rest can be done online and remotely.
      • Notify my client I'll be living in a different country
    • Case 2
      • Re-check the lawsuit I've drafted
      • Get the payslip required
      • Mail it to be submitted
      • Make sure a copy of the submitted lawsuit is properly served to the other party
      • Sort out a subsequently required mediation process
      • Let my client know I'm leaving
    • Case 3
      • Figure out the process and how it involves the client's sibling (see Case 4)
      • Inform them of my departure
      • See if I need to do something else or if I can hand this over
    • Case 4
      • See how this client is involved in Case 3
      • See how the 2 pending cases before the court of appeals can be technically handed over to another lawyer
      • Inform client of my departure
      • Hand over case documents
    • Case 4
      • Call the Courthouse employees and ask what happens in this procedure
    • Case 5
      • Serve the papers I've submitted
      • Make sure the lawyer I have in mind is indeed interested in seeing this through
      • If so, bring them in contact with client
      • Make arrangements (they both already know I'm leaving)
    • Case 6
      • Ask Courthouse employees about the technicalities of a lawyer change at this stage of the process
  • Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Here for this 

So excited for you.

?

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Here to follow as it all comes together!

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

So excited you finally get to make this move! I'll be following along of course.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

I had a very slow day at work, my brain wasn't braining and I lacked the motivation to do anything. I also saw the new forums and was trying to write up this new challenge, so seeing all the tasks in a list made it feel a bit overwhelming. Fortunately for me, I was smart enough to break it down into smaller, more manageable tasks.

First of all, I had to solve out the issue of seeing my family once more before leaving the country. They've got this upcoming excursion to Armenia and Georgia, which is replacing the trip to Jordan they didn't do last time this year when things got heated in the Middle East and bah gawd has it been a year since already. Anyway, it was a bit of a juggle because they asked me to go visit them when they return on October 6th. I managed to convince them there's no point travelling there with 2 full suitcases so I can fly out my hometown after, plus it was one extra trip and expenses we could (and should) spare. Thus, I convinced them to change their pre-excursion tickets (they fly out from where I live) and come see me earlier. With that out the way and sorted for specific dates, I went ahead to book my UK tickets for October 3rd, as mentioned at the start of this thread.

With that sorted, I pushed myself to translate my latest energy bill. It was a slog, but I got it done and also got it stamped by a fellow lawyer, which means it's ready to be sent out.

I also called the guy who's gonna buy my car. Turns out he's more or less outsourced everything to his parents, so I called them but they were out for drinks, so it's not like we fully sorted this out. However, they will be in town on the 25th as they're flying out with my parents for that excursion. Means we get to finalize things then plus I do get to keep using my car till the end of the month, which is nice.

Last but not least, the friend that's gonna take in my cats (also my client for Case 5) is currently living in a rented flat with his brother, who they don't have the best of relationships with. Their parents from out of down dropped by last weekend, to help his brother find a new place to move into and apparently the household itself has been a warzone. Understandably so, he'd asked me to wait till everyone else is out of the house, things calm down so he can take the cats in. Apparently those folks did find a house and because the landlord is currently out of town, they'll do the lease on Monday, so hopefully things will calm down next week. That's quite reassuring as far as sorting out the cats go. Said friend proceeded to visit me later in the day as a chance to escape his family being around the house. We sat on my balcony and chatted, celebrating our progress with a beer or two.

This had me ending the night on a high note as I laid in bed for my nightly call with my fiance. What started as a slow, sluggish day with me feeling overwhelmed ended up with a sense of progress on more than one fields of the departure project. Let's hope this continues!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

So excited for you!! Here to see how it all comes together :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Okay, it's been a busy couple of days, so let's get back to that list and tackle things task by task.

Got the stamped translation from Wednesday and added an extra stamp that was missing on Thursday morning, then mailed it out. Sadly, I could not find a half decent postcard I wanted to include in that envelope. So that's done and dusted.

• Take termination papers to the local bar association

It seems the latest date I might be expected to need my lawyer status and issue an invoice is September 26th. That is, assuming a proper mad client of ours that still owes us money for drafting and submitting her legal papers, also somehow pays us in advance to show up in court for her case, plus travel expenses, in advance. So it will be a while before I'll circle back to this.

As mentioned, I'm expecting their new home to be available to take them in next week, or in a couple of weeks. I've also decided to hand them in with a fresh sack of their expensive medicinal food, because I'm nice like that.

• Receive payment

This was a bit tricky, as the buyers meant to pay me cash but it's been sorted it. Should all be done on September 25th, so another thing we'll circle back to at a later date.

• Pack my things

I took inventory today (Saturday) so I can have an idea of what it is I wanna take with me. It'll mostly be clothes, but if I can spare the space, I might squeeze in a few books too. Wanted to take some small framed paintings too (like @Shello's lovely gifts from a few years back) but I'd probably need to pay/pack cabin baggage for that. Too large for my backpack and I don't trust the handlers to put them in my luggage. Either way, I do have a more specific idea of what's ahead, so it's helping manage the packing process. More on this when it's actually time to start packing.

Haven't done this.

Thursday we got called into a meeting at work to plan ahead for September and October, all the court dates, deadlines and other stuff to be aware of. My employer mentioned a couple of cases he wanted to look into the next morning with me, so taking that opportunity, I asked him if he'd be ok to take over some of my pending cases. He was positive at the idea and told me to look into them Friday morning after the ones he'd mentioned. Which is what happened. He was also very interested about my plans regarding work in the UK, had a few suggestions and even mentioned someone I could reach out to and mention him by name, which is nice of him. He was also kind enough to not charge anew for cases I've been paid for and things I've already done, not deviate from prices I've told to clients, discuss new charges with me and even insist he cuts me a decent slice of any new earnings for the reference. He has been nothing but wonderful to me throughout our professional relationship and it feels like he wants to keep it alive in some shape or form judging by his actions. He also wisely told me to not tell my clients I'm leaving and passing the torch to him, because that sounds like giving up on them; instead, say I am going abroad but I'll still be overseeing these cases with the assistance of my colleague and his office here. Which, again, took a huge weight off my chest and sorted out a bunch of issues. This evening I took out all the files and papers from my bookcase, sorted everything per case/client, replaced any old folders falling apart with new ones, labelled everything and I feel like it's all in line to be moved onto the next phase.

• Case 1
    • Make sure someone checks my mail and notifies me when a certain letter arrives. The rest can be done online and remotely.
    • Notify my client I'll be living in a different country

The first bit will basically happen when I contact someone to look out for any mail or bills in my current address, that should include the letter I'm waiting for. As for the client, I just gotta tell them I'm out so they know, but the entire process can happen online anyway so it's not that big a deal.

• Case 2
    • Make sure a copy of the submitted lawsuit is properly served to the other party

I did not re-check my lawsuit, instead I printed it and handed it over to my employer so he can check it during the weekend. Just before posting this update, I also scanned all the relative documents and mailed them to him. Come Monday and unless something major comes uo, we should be making any corrections needed and sending it to be submitted.

• Case 3

Again,  a case I agreed to hand over to my current employer, so he'll do the first bit, I just need to let my client know of the change.

• Case 4
    • See how the 2 pending cases before the court of appeals can be technically handed over to another lawyer

This is probably the trickiest of cases, so I'm glad we went through it Friday and I have someone to take it over. The first court of appeals bit is the one I was counting on doing last February. I did all the paperwork, got paid, but the discussion was postponed to March of 2025 due to both lawyers and court employees abstaining (because neither can technically go on strike). The work is done and my employer agreed to see it through next year, without additional pay. As for the other case, it's quite similar and hits the floor on November, so it's important to take care of it fast.

• Case 4

I should probably make a note to call the Courthouse on Monday morning, I keep forgetting.

• Case 5
    • Make sure the lawyer I have in mind is indeed interested in seeing this through

I'm looking at introducing both parties to each other in a week or two.

• Case 6
    • Ask Courthouse employees about the technicalities of a lawyer change at this stage of the process
    • Add some final missing papers into the case folders

Didn't have to ask the employees, my colleagues at work knew of the solution and fortunately, it was much simpler than I was afraid it would be. This is very much a "message in a bottle" kind of thing, all the work is drafting the lawsuit and submitting the evidence folder, the actual "hearing" I don't even need to be there for, the judge will take everything home and issue a decision whenever.

• Like 6

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I love hearing  how your employer is being with this, especially considering the toxic issues you've had with previous ones.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I don't trust the handlers to put them in my luggage.

If you sandwich them between lots of thick layers of clothes it should be ok shouldn't it? I usually bring my parents back a bottle of local spirits and I've always done this and I've never had damages. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

20 hours ago, RES said:

I love hearing  how your employer is being with this, especially considering the toxic issues you've had with previous ones.

I know, right? I told him outright, wish I'd started working for him straight out of training. Feel like I'd have learned much more, struggled less and been happier.

20 hours ago, deftona said:

If you sandwich them between lots of thick layers of clothes it should be ok shouldn't it? I usually bring my parents back a bottle of local spirits and I've always done this and I've never had damages. 

In theory, yes, although I really don't want to risk framed art getting wrecked. It's ok, nothing I can't live without. Can bring that kind of stuff over at a later time.

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Woo hoo.

Looks like it's a solid departure plan, especially with the big things like family meetings, car transfer, cats, and the job.

I like the way you set it up -- this organizational structure makes a nice scaffold for success.

?

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

19 hours ago, Heidi said:

Woo hoo.

Looks like it's a solid departure plan, especially with the big things like family meetings, car transfer, cats, and the job.

I like the way you set it up -- this organizational structure makes a nice scaffold for success.

?

I do need the list to keep track of all the things that need doing. Striking them out just gives me that sweet sense of progress.

16 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Following!

Welcome!

Been trying to empty my pantry prior to departure. Been looking for a way to use up all that self-raising flour my ex had stocked up on for her cakes. Turns out you can mix equal parts of that with (greek) yogurt, let it rest for 30' and cook for another 30' to get amazing bread rolls. I made some decadent hot dogs during the weekend and last night was home made burger from scratch night. I also had dry beans I needed to cook, so I put them in the oven with all sorts of veggies (carrots, shallots, leeks, celery, chopped up cherry tomatoes), more chopped up sausage and a couple of pancetta slices on top, which turned out delicious. I just realized now I have leftover sausage (pork based, with feta trimmings in it), carrots, celery, peppers, onions. Guess I'm grabbing some okra on the way home to make gumbo tonight ?

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Guess I'm grabbing some okra on the way home to make gumbo tonight ?

Not going to lie, I draw the line at okra.

When It shows up in my Farm Share, I set it in the donation box and I don't even take it home.

But I'm so glad someone enjoys it!

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Been trying to empty my pantry prior to departure. Been looking for a way to use up all that self-raising flour my ex had stocked up on for her cakes. Turns out you can mix equal parts of that with (greek) yogurt, let it rest for 30' and cook for another 30' to get amazing bread rolls. I made some decadent hot dogs during the weekend and last night was home made burger from scratch night. I also had dry beans I needed to cook, so I put them in the oven with all sorts of veggies (carrots, shallots, leeks, celery, chopped up cherry tomatoes), more chopped up sausage and a couple of pancetta slices on top, which turned out delicious. I just realized now I have leftover sausage (pork based, with feta trimmings in it), carrots, celery, peppers, onions. Guess I'm grabbing some okra on the way home to make gumbo tonight ?

dammit now I'm hungry!

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Heidi said:

Not going to lie, I draw the line at okra.

Your loss :P seriously tho, I do believe okra gets a bad name because people don't know how to cook it proper, so it has that reputation of being slimy and undercooked.

11 hours ago, RES said:

dammit now I'm hungry!

Funny part was, I realized I had some tasty veal meat from Saturday I needed to cook before it went bad, so I whipped up some beef and broccoli stir fry. With plenty of garlic and ginger, I finally got the right balance of honey, vinegar, soy sauce and orange juice. Sprinkled with sesame, I dare say it's the best I've made yet. AND THEN I ALSO MADE SOME GUMBO ANYWAY! Seriously, the celery was starting to dry up and since gumbo is very much a stew of many things in small quantities, it's just the right thing to use up leftovers or empty any remaining items in the pantry. Sadly I lacked the seafood aspect so I sprinkled in lots of fish sauce, which is basically anchovie juice. I also had some chicken broth I made and added, because a while back I bought chicken legs that I filleted myself and I'd saved the bones/skin in the freezer for a broth. Coupled with the easy dough recipe I've been spamming lately (after the hot dogs I made some again for home made burger buns) I've been on a cooking kick and I very much like it. It's creative, it's relaxing and I much prefer spending my evening like this instead of vegging in front of a computer, not actually having fun, especially when my work day also involves sitting in front of a computer. Been going all out with the home made stuff recently and given I'll probably be unemployed till the end of the year, I see that trend continuing...

• Like 6

Lvl 65 Multitasker

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

and since gumbo is very much a stew of many things in small quantities, it's just the right thing to use up leftovers or empty any remaining items in the pantry.

I take the same approach to minestrone, which now sounds excellent, but sadly I've been pretty proactive on using my farm share produce, so a batch will have to wait a week or so until the next time tomatoes are included. HOORAY for odds-and-ends stew!

Also, that beef and broccoli sounds amazing.

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I've been on a cooking kick and I very much like it. It's creative, it's relaxing and I much prefer spending my evening like this instead of vegging in front of a computer, not actually having fun, especially when my work day also involves sitting in front of a computer.

I agree. I came for the frugality and nutrition and stayed for the creativity and sense of engagement. I like this for you.

:) 

• Like 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Been going all out with the home made stuff recently and given I'll probably be unemployed till the end of the year, I see that trend continuing...

Yummy Yummy Yummy I Want Love In My GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Jumping in for a really quick update:

• Car sale fell through, because the buyer was told they won't be able to find spare parts for this model. That's ok, there were already others waiting in the wings, so it should go through with someone else getting it.
  • Had the papers served for the case of my friend who'll be looking after my cats
  • Case 2 involves a close person who stresses a lot; it came to me back in February, so with the moving, new job, visa stuff etc I could only work on it weekends and late at night after work. As a result, it's dragged on. I'd promised it would be done by the end of last week, but telling my employer he'd be taking over, he asked to have a look at the lawsuit first. I spent way too much time last night drafting up an email to my client about why the papers haven't been submitted yet, about my departure and how things will go from here on. It was quite stressful, as was knowing I got a response from him this morning. Fortunately, it looks like he took it ok and just like I thought, I was making it a much bigger deal inside my head than it actually was.
  • Like 6

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Glad to know the anxiety demons were dispelled. I hear yo uon how stressful the "explanation emails" can be. Begone, Demon!

max von sydow priest GIF

Just stopping by to check in, fellow mountain wandering herb gatherer. :) 

Hope you are having a great day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Glad to hear things are moving along nicely for you D_R!

• Thanks 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I've been swamped with work, things have been picking up instead of getting phased out. Let's look at the list again and update it.

This bit is done and we've given notice in the UK too. Some last bureaucratic obstacles left, but nothing we can't handle.

• Call and ask if I can suspend my bar membership instead of requesting a release.
    • Ask what happens with my trainee.
    • Pull the trigger on tax and insurance termination.
    • Take termination papers to the local bar association.

Updated this a little bit, more as a reminder to do a few things I still need to do ahead of time.

Waiting on my friend to let me know when I can bring them over to his place. Should probaby think of a Plan B in case this falls through or, more accurately, form Plan B from a general thought into an actual plan.

• Receive payment

Spoke to my dad on Sunday, we realized that between the new buyer having the car checked at a mechanic, doing the money and ownership transfers (he struggles with tech) and my parents coming over to see me next week, we won't have much time to get this done. So, on a whim, I booked ferry tickets and drove the car to the port, before returning just in time for our Ranger D&d session. This way there should be enough time to go through with the sale. If for whatever reason this one falls through, at least the car will be with my parents who can manage selling it to someone else, instead of them, me and the car being in 3 different cities.

• Pack my things

This will really be a last weekend thing.

Still not done this, but there is time.

• Case 1
      • Notify my client I'll be living in a different country?

This one's tied to letting someone know about my mail. Also there's a slight chance the letter I'm expecting might arrive before I leave.

• Case 2

Been chasing my boss down to check the lawsuit I've written. He finally conceded defeat today and assigned another colleague to look through it (and probably handle the entire case).

• Case 3

No progress made here.

• Case 4

I was told the client was informed on a social level about my impending departure, but of course there is still the issue of me telling them and introducing them to the office that'll handle the stuff in my absence.

• Case 4

Still haven't called the Courthouse to ask. I'm making a note about this and calling the bar association.

• Case 5

Still waiting on both parties to be available to meet.

• Case 6

With the change in all of the court setup nation-wide, this is a mess to get done. I'll give things a few days to settle down before I take care of it.

Shout out to @Sovalis for handling the West Marches campaign while I was swamped. Thanks a lot for that.

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Okay, let's see where we stand with this...

• Get an acceptable birth certificate

Adding another task to this sub-list, as apparently the authorities in Scotland have a thing for cumbly medieval parchment over digitally signed and certified papers. I've made some arrangements to try and get something that will be accepted. If not, I guess I'm challenging the Registrar to a claymore duel over the right to marry @deftona

• Call and ask if I can suspend my bar membership instead of requesting a release.
    • Ask what happens with my trainee.
    • Pull the trigger on tax and insurance termination.
    • Take termination papers to the local bar association.

I contacted the bar association this morning, seems like the best option is to terminate my tax and insurance obligations but still remain registered with them. I have nothing to gain nd would only lose by killing my membership, so leaving it as is for now. That means I don't need to hand any termination papers to them, so another task struck through. With that info, I contacted my trainee and told him to go sk his own questions about his status, given my intentions. Thus, by the end of next week. I should be free to wrap this all up

I've given until Friday to get a more clear response about Plan A, then I'm using the weekend to set Plan B in motion as a contingency to fall back on.

• Receive payment

Potential buyer took the car to a mechanic and was told it's "stellar". We should be doing the money and ownership transfer after this weekend.

• Pack my things

Really thinking if I should pay for cabin baggage. Not sure how I'll get everything to the airport though, between that, a backpack and two suitcases.

Still not done this, but there is time.

• Case 1
      • Notify my client I'll be living in a different country?

Don't think my client needs to know, to be honest, if this can be done online and we're already in touch remotely. Got a notification yesterday that the document I requested has been issued and it's supposed to take 8 business days to reach me by mail. From Sydney Australia, so I'm not 100% it'll be here before I depart. If it is, that'd be great.

• Case 2

Contacted my client, who'll be in town, to come meet my colleague on Monday the 24th.

• Case 3

No progress made here.

• Case 4

Here either.

• Case 4

In light of the news I'll still be a member of the bar association, I've already submitted all the papers and the process will go through without my involvement. So I just need to inform my client and hand over the papers.

• Case 5

Still waiting on both parties to be available to meet.

• Case 6

I should get in touch with this person...

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker