Sovalis and the Cedar Chariot

Is it done? Is Houseguest finally gone???

frodo-lotr.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

6 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

frodo-lotr.gif

I'm here to ask this too!

I hope you are enjoying your day with Dave before working tomorrow and that all the fugg from the Doldrums has blown away.

Nothing but blue skies ahead, Beautiful Friend.

❤️ 

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

On 4/18/2024 at 9:30 AM, Mistr said:

It is great to hear you sounding happy and excited instead of tired and frustrated. I hope everything goes well and you have fun with the game tomorrow.

Thanks, Mistr. I feel much more like myself. Game was great!

On 4/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, Heidi said:

Agree. It is so good to hear you souning more yourself.

May the Houseguest go with God and godspeed. :) 

Happy Adventuring!

❤️

Thanks, Heidi. Houseguest is away and I am much more relaxed. 

❤️

On 4/18/2024 at 9:51 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

IMG_8556.webp.007582b273dab7100771b296d7e79894.webp

you deserve serious points for dealing so well with all this. Surprise house guests (especially awkward ones) are legendary level encounters for sure. 

ps. Birthday lasagna sounds amazing. 

I love this artist so much. The whole series is so great. Thanks, Sea-to-sky.

Birthday lasagna is amazing. And it has a layer of dry cured pepperoni under the top layer of cheese which is unusual and highly decadent. 

On 4/18/2024 at 1:53 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I am so happy for you!! 

Thanks, Snarky!

On 4/18/2024 at 5:59 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Im Free Carl Reiner GIF by Team Coco

😍

With diamond teeth? Toxic fumes breath weapon? I want in on this boss fight!

*scribbles notes frantically* I mean, of course! ;)

On 4/19/2024 at 4:04 AM, TimovieMan said:

frodo-lotr.gif

Yes, thankfully.

lol

22 hours ago, Heidi said:

I'm here to ask this too!

I hope you are enjoying your day with Dave before working tomorrow and that all the fugg from the Doldrums has blown away.

Nothing but blue skies ahead, Beautiful Friend.

❤️

Yup, all gone!

I am enjoying the morning, I work at 11 today. Hopefully he packs and such while I am at work so we can spend the evening together. 

Blue skies! Hooray! ❤️ 

Morning Friends!

Oh my goodness this having the house to ourselves is just SO LOVELY. *happy sigh* Now to get back on track for the last week of this challenge! I think today will be an easy day and I will start to square up a bit tomorrow after Dave heads out. I will have time to get my house tidy and some of my habits on track and see where it goes from there. 

I had been painting my Xorn for last night’s game yesterday morning when Dave texted and said he needed to take me to work an hour and a half early so he could be in a meeting. So I packed up my painting kit, planning to finish my figures at work and then start my shift. Except when I got there it was super busy so I ended up working right away. I am not mad about it because the extra money will be nice, but it did mean that I was frantically trying to paint eyes on my Xorn during my 15 minute break. *lol*

Speaking of money I checked in on the Visa this morning and we are finally under the $29k mark that we have been holding steady at for the past while. I am so grateful that we didn’t put any money on the card while Houseguest was here. I used it to pay for a friend’s birthday present this morning, but I have the tip money I need to cover it so I will deposit that on Monday and apply the payment. I am finding that while I am definitely having my magpie moments (omg, I want so many sets of dice right now, it’s a little absurd) I am doing really well with my no spend. It is actually helping to remind myself that the debt reduction is more permanent than the stuff I want (or at least I am telling myself it is) and that I can have it later. In the nature of capitalism, maybe the exact things I want won’t be available, but other things that I will like will be. In other money talk, the Canadian government is issuing lump sum payments to disabled individuals and apparently the Bipolar qualifies. Something something tax credit? I admit, I don’t understand the mechanics of it, but it has the potential to be a *lot* of money. Like tens of thousands. It feels like a scam somehow, but my psych is aware of it and willing to help me fill out the paperwork needed to apply and my Dad and Aunt have both been after me to do it, so it seems very valid. My Aunt applied on my cousin’s behalf (he has ADHD) and got something like $12k back and a tax credit status that rolls forward each year, apparently forever? Friends, it seems way too good to be true but bet your butts I am going to try for it and see what comes of it. I am so well medicated that I don’t feel disabled most of the time, but as my Dad pointed out, where would I be without my meds? Certainly not holding down a job, married, etc. I would definitely be homeless and possibly dead if the suicidal ideation actually got me particularly badly at some point. It’s wild to think about. Anyway, cross your fingers for me that I get some kind of news about that in the future. My appointment to fill out the paperwork is in May and then it will probably take a few months to process. 

I am caffeinated and ready to face the day. I hope that you are likewise forward facing and full of verve. May the sun shine brightly on you at some point today and envelope you in warmth. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 8
  • Wow 3

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I love this artist so much. The whole series is so great. Thanks, Sea-to-sky.

Birthday lasagna is amazing. And it has a layer of dry cured pepperoni under the top layer of cheese which is unusual and highly decadent

Iguanamouth’s dragon hoard series is one of my favourites. 

that lasagna sounds amazing 

Hungry Emma Stone GIF

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am finding that while I am definitely having my magpie moments (omg, I want so many sets of dice right now, it’s a little absurd) I am doing really well with my no spend. It is actually helping to remind myself that the debt reduction is more permanent than the stuff I want (or at least I am telling myself it is) and that I can have it later. In the nature of capitalism, maybe the exact things I want won’t be available, but other things that I will like will be.

Not to mention... the stress from having debt will go away when  the debt does and that quality of life improvement is impossible to put a monetary value on. It's worth the effort. Plus, the other things you will like are bound to be more shiny when they becomes available in the future, because that is also in the nature of capitalism ;) 

Crossing my fingers and wishing you all the good fortune and success you need to get money from the application forms. A permanent tax credit would be incredible and so helpful! 

• Like 4

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 4/20/2024 at 11:25 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Iguanamouth’s dragon hoard series is one of my favourites. 

that lasagna sounds amazing 

Hungry Emma Stone GIF

Mine too. 

It really is!

On 4/20/2024 at 12:16 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Not to mention... the stress from having debt will go away when  the debt does and that quality of life improvement is impossible to put a monetary value on. It's worth the effort. Plus, the other things you will like are bound to be more shiny when they becomes available in the future, because that is also in the nature of capitalism ;) 

Crossing my fingers and wishing you all the good fortune and success you need to get money from the application forms. A permanent tax credit would be incredible and so helpful! 

Yes, absolutely. 

Thanks, Scaly!

Hi Friends!

It is mid evening here and I have had a good day. Had a long video call coffee with Chantale this morning, saw Les and Martin for a bit this afternoon, and then tied into getting my dishes done and some tidying done in the kitchen and living room. After I had the dishwasher running I smudged the kitchen with pine resin smoke and let it infuse the main floor. I feel mentally a lot better having the chores and smudge done. House reclaimed after the Houseguest. 

Dave left at 4 am this morning so I am on my own for the next two weeks. I am starting at 11 each day instead of noon for workdays so the little bit of extra money will be nice. We had to advance some off our line of credit because Dave’s work advance hasn’t dropped into the account yet and he was travelling today. Hopefully the claim drops tomorrow and I can just pull that money back onto the line of credit. I really don’t like having it tapped out like that, especially because I was just saying how happy I was having a tiny buffer on the Visa. Having a tiny buffer on the Visa *and* the line of credit is even better. I feel like I am digging trenches with my teeth when it comes to this debt management, but I am determined. 

I have decided on my theme for next challenge. Inspired by @Jarric@Everstorm, @Sea-to-sky, and @Harriet’s whole Gastropod Studies Thread, it is going to be “Marginalia”. I will be maintaining my “regular” passel of Bujo goals around eating and hydration  and such, but subbing out my “adulting” checkbox for a “drawing” one. I don’t have to commit to anything huge or involved, just a little something. I’ve been toying with this for a while but haven’t felt like I should be taking my focus off more physical-health focused goals to do a creative challenge. Houseguest reaffirmed to me that I need to be gentle with myself and refill my well and creative things do that for me. I haven’t decided if I will update my doodles here daily/weekly/whatever but I will get that figured out. Part of this is because I sat down and systematically browsed the JetPens washi selection last night and some lovely watercolour lemons made me wonder why I am not just doodling more in my own books when I have the skills to do so.  I think I get frustrated when things aren’t to my taste when I make something that is rushed or less interesting, but I have old sketchbooks that are fun to flip through because they are full of experiments and somehow I have lost the thread of that adventurous nature the past few years. I’d like to find it again. I am not sure if I am doing the doodling in my Bujo, my Cousin, or a sketchbook yet. I’ll think that through in the next week or so, too. So I guess look forward to that? I am nervous but excited.

Dave has said that he is interested in returning to the gym once he’s back from Europe, too, so maybe next challenge will see some of that, too. 

Alright, I need some supper. I hope that you have had a gentle weekend and that you ease into the week feeling refreshed and on track. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 3

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I smudged the kitchen with pine resin smoke and let it infuse the main floor. I feel mentally a lot better having the chores and smudge done. House reclaimed after the Houseguest

Clearing the air is a good plan after something disturbs your personal space like that. Doesnt matter what religion you are, cleaning, burning something scented, putting on loud music and dancing around yelling at the top of your voice (or whatever you settle on) will make you feel better in your space.  
Reclaiming your space is so important.

marginalia goal sounds fun. I think getting to the point where you can happily doodle in your journal will be so good for you. Its obviously something you really want too as you always mention it in my thread 😄 

• Like 3

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I’ve been toying with this for a while but haven’t felt like I should be taking my focus off more physical-health focused goals to do a creative challenge.

Mental health goals are as important as physical health goals, and I'd definitely say creativity falls into that category. Look forward to having another person with an art goal next challenge :)

• Like 4

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Witty title goes here

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

9 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Clearing the air is a good plan after something disturbs your personal space like that. Doesnt matter what religion you are, cleaning, burning something scented, putting on loud music and dancing around yelling at the top of your voice (or whatever you settle on) will make you feel better in your space.  
Reclaiming your space is so important.

marginalia goal sounds fun. I think getting to the point where you can happily doodle in your journal will be so good for you. Its obviously something you really want too as you always mention it in my thread 😄 

Thanks, Sea-to-sky.

I know! Your thread is always so inspiring for me!

:D

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

Mental health goals are as important as physical health goals, and I'd definitely say creativity falls into that category. Look forward to having another person with an art goal next challenge :)

Thanks, Jarric. Very true!

1 hour ago, Everstorm said:

Seconding all of this

Thanks, Ever. 

Hi Friends,

Once again the total satisfaction of having an empty house is not to be underestimated. I am so happy to sit here in silence with my coffee and just vibe. *happy sigh*

Today’s card was the Hanged Man, which talks about being suspended in time and on hold before taking the next step and the necessity of changing your perspective on something. It feels very, very apt for this final week of the challenge and these two weeks that Dave is gone. I will continue to surrender to the reset process and enjoy this inhalation and pause that I have got going on. 

Weighed in this morning and I am up three pounds from two weeks ago. I am not surprised in the least. I think a chunk of it is water weight as I haven’t been good about the wheat for the last few days (not terrible, but not abstaining either), but I doubt that is all it is given how much we ate out/ordered in and didn’t eat plants while Houseguest was here. I am looking forward to getting back on track with the food that loves me back. I threw out some bread yesterday and froze the rest of it in the garage freezer so it’s out of sight, out of mind and bought some veggies to get on with. I am really proud of getting rid of the bread and then freezing the rest because Past Me (like just-starting-the-forums Me) would have insisted on eating it until it was gone and *then* starting whatever plan I had. It’s nice that I am not in that place anymore and can rearrange my environment to better suit my goals, especially when Dave is gone. 

Today I have the consult for my reproductive surgery so looking forward to that. Then I have set myself a to-do list that is both housework and creative work for game, so I think that will be good for me to dig into. 

I hope that your pen writes perfectly today and you get a compliment you weren’t expecting. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 11
  • That's Metal 2

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Once again the total satisfaction of having an empty house is not to be underestimated. I am so happy to sit here in silence with my coffee and just vibe. *happy sigh*

Today’s card was the Hanged Man, which talks about being suspended in time and on hold before taking the next step and the necessity of changing your perspective on something. It feels very, very apt for this final week of the challenge and these two weeks that Dave is gone. I will continue to surrender to the reset process and enjoy this inhalation and pause that I have got going on. 

I am so glad for you having peace in your house again. Reflection is good.

My sympathy on the struggles of debt reduction. We are working on that too. If everything just worked and didn't wear out, we would be in much better shape. Plus wanting to visit friends and family. I don't feel like I am buying extra stuff, but I am sure spending a lot on keeping things going.  Having both Elf and Cleo unemployed makes it harder.

• Like 2

Level 77  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

21 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Past Me (like just-starting-the-forums Me) would have insisted on eating it until it was gone and *then* starting whatever plan I had

and this is not to be sniffed at! I've got so much better at declining food I don't need and freezing things for later but Past Me was the worst for it...

• Like 4

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

22 hours ago, Laghail said:

Congrats on being decisive and kind to yourself. Fingers crossed for ob-gyn surgery!! 

Thanks, Laghail!

21 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

I sure do!! ❤️ 

18 hours ago, Mistr said:

I am so glad for you having peace in your house again. Reflection is good.

My sympathy on the struggles of debt reduction. We are working on that too. If everything just worked and didn't wear out, we would be in much better shape. Plus wanting to visit friends and family. I don't feel like I am buying extra stuff, but I am sure spending a lot on keeping things going.  Having both Elf and Cleo unemployed makes it harder.

Thanks, Mistr. 

Yes, everything working and not wearing out would be nice. We aren’t traveling for fun lately, but things like Houseguest showing up and Dave needing to travel for work are cramping our style. I am definitely not buying stuff, but we ate out a lot the past few weeks and that always adds up so quickly. I am sorry that Elf and Cleo are both unemployed right now, that is so tough. 

1 hour ago, Silmarilliane said:

and this is not to be sniffed at! I've got so much better at declining food I don't need and freezing things for later but Past Me was the worst for it...

Right? Feels like a victory to me!

Hi Friends!

I remembered to put the garbage on the curb yesterday in my fit of Adulting and got to listen as it got picked up a moment ago. Victory! I had a very productive and affirming day yesterday. Appointment went very well, errands were completed with no overspend on things I didn’t need, housework was accomplished (even more than I had originally intended to do! I can now see the floor in the laundry room!), and then I spent the late afternoon and evening trying to work with World Anvil to get my gaming stuff sorted out. That was slow going and honestly a bit frustrating at times, but I started to make more progress when I moved off my tablet and went up to the desktop in my office. The format on each machine is slightly different and the desktop is a bit easier for me to navigate. Having a mouse also helps. I don’t use a mouse with my iPad, just a keyboard. Right now I see getting the world into World Anvil as a massive uphill task, but I think it will be good for me if I can commit to getting it done. 

I ate like a goblin yesterday. No wheat, but lots of peanut butter and Nutella, a little bit of chips, no real protein to speak of. I did make some rice and roasted some sweet potato for supper and ate it with some mango and ginger Stilton and some baby cucumbers. Delicious components, slightly weird all together. But it could have been worse, so I will take the win such as it is and move on. Today is a new day and I can do different things with it. 

My card today was Six of Intelligence from the D&D deck. Intelligence is Swords in the D&D deck, and wow, does it feel like I am pulling Swords a lot lately. Building on the perspective shift and pause of yesterday’s Hanged Man, Six of Intelligence is all about freeing yourself from burdens and old ways of thinking. I feel like I am pretty unburdened but I think I might be too close to the trees to see the forest? I am not sure what I need to be thinking about here. Many of my usual trains of thought (health and fitness, creativity, game, relationships, etc.) all feel pretty well understood. But it’s hard to know what you don’t know. 😅

I think I am going to take a quick bath before work. I hope that you have a brilliant day full of clarity and insight and tasty, crunchy snacks. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 11

On 4/22/2024 at 8:52 AM, Sovalis said:

I threw out some bread yesterday and froze the rest of it in the garage freezer so it’s out of sight, out of mind and bought some veggies to get on with. I am really proud of getting rid of the bread and then freezing the rest because Past Me (like just-starting-the-forums Me) would have insisted on eating it until it was gone and *then* starting whatever plan I had. It’s nice that I am not in that place anymore and can rearrange my environment to better suit my goals, especially when Dave is gone

Great Job GIF by Justin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I ate like a goblin yesterday. No wheat, but lots of peanut butter and Nutella, a little bit of chips, no real protein to speak of. I did make some rice and roasted some sweet potato for supper and ate it with some mango and ginger Stilton and some baby cucumbers. Delicious components, slightly weird all together. But it could have been worse, so I will take the win such as it is and move on. Today is a new day and I can do different things with it. 

I've had a couple of days like that lately myself, where I'm just trying to make the macros fit together while still eating colorfully and getting protein. It's led to odd bedfellows: whey protein and Greek yogurt and riced cauliflower and spiced broccoli and, somehow, it fits my macros. Can't say I fully get how this happens, but, as you say, it could be worse.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Sovalis said:

it feel like I am pulling Swords a lot lately. Building on the perspective shift and pause of yesterday’s Hanged Man, Six of Intelligence is all about freeing yourself from burdens and old ways of thinking. I feel like I am pretty unburdened but I think I might be too close to the trees to see the forest? I am not sure what I need to be thinking about here. Many of my usual trains of thought (health and fitness, creativity, game, relationships, etc.) all feel pretty well understood. But it’s hard to know what you don’t know. 😅

So often I find the Hanged Man to be reflective of exactly this "you don't know what you don't know" moment. Here's a dude who has to hang upside down and crosslegged to see things differntly / better. It's not just a transition moment to me, but a perspective shift, and not really one we can always enact for ourselves, but one that has to be imposed on us by the universe or some external source (like reading a book or seeing a movie, or hearing the garbage get picked up -- the Universe is weird and random and often makes use of mundane details because --gosh! -- there are just so many of them). 

Air / Swords / Intelligence can always cut the weilder, and when taken with the (what was it, Hawthorn? I forget now, but you know which one I mean) ten card that represented burnout, I think this is indicative of a new perspective coming to you. I honestly think you've been through a seriously fertile few weeks, and that this lacuna of no-houseguest, no-Dave is exactly what will allow the perspective to percolate. Be easy with yourself. Throw away half-eaten things that were never for you inthe first place; eat good ingredients weirdly mixed; let the adulting happen in spurts and fits as it will. You are grand and the Universe loves you. ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I remembered to put the garbage on the curb yesterday in my fit of Adulting and got to listen as it got picked up a moment ago. Victory! I had a very productive and affirming day yesterday. Appointment went very well, errands were completed with no overspend on things I didn’t need, housework was accomplished (even more than I had originally intended to do! I can now see the floor in the laundry room!), and then I spent the late afternoon and evening trying to work with World Anvil to get my gaming stuff sorted out. That was slow going and honestly a bit frustrating at times, but I started to make more progress when I moved off my tablet and went up to the desktop in my office. The format on each machine is slightly different and the desktop is a bit easier for me to navigate. Having a mouse also helps. I don’t use a mouse with my iPad, just a keyboard. Right now I see getting the world into World Anvil as a massive uphill task, but I think it will be good for me if I can commit to getting it done. 

My Genesys GM uses World Anvil to document the campaign setting and all the worldbuilding (and it is awesome - I've encountered fantasy writers who could learn from this) and I have noticed that trying to access some of the pages on my phone or chrome book is painful. My working theory is that the world anvil site is horrifically bad at adapting to mobile devices, and that might be what you're running into on the iPad. If that's the case, you might be able to save yourself some headaches by sticking to the computer? :) 

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I feel like I am pretty unburdened but I think I might be too close to the trees to see the forest?

While it generally is a bad idea to completely ignore most of one's surroundings, there's a peaceful kind of stillness in focusing on that one single metaphorical tree that is standing so close it blocks out everything else. Scrutinize the imaginary bark, touch the non-existing leaves and enjoy the fact that you have a moment to really look closely at something for once. The moment will end, eventually at some point, but until it does, there's nothing wrong with embracing it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

22 hours ago, Laghail said:

In defense of goblin days, sometimes they happen. Dunno the science behind needing the occasional day of your id driving your dietary decisions, but personally I think 1 or 2 days in 30 is a nice balance for me. 🤷‍♂️

Goblin eating cake! - AI Generated Artwork - NightCafe Creator

I am going to try to keep the number of days down to a “reasonable” amount but I can definitely tell this is my subconscious trying to take care of my residual stress through eating and those are pathways I don’t want to encourage. I want that goblin’s cake!

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Great Job GIF by Justin

Thanks, EG! ❤️ 

17 hours ago, Kishi said:

I've had a couple of days like that lately myself, where I'm just trying to make the macros fit together while still eating colorfully and getting protein. It's led to odd bedfellows: whey protein and Greek yogurt and riced cauliflower and spiced broccoli and, somehow, it fits my macros. Can't say I fully get how this happens, but, as you say, it could be worse.

If I were kinda sorta fitting macros I’d feel less bad about it. But I made myself eat decently for supper and lunch yesterday and had less sugar so I think I am starting to get on track again. 

17 hours ago, Heidi said:

So often I find the Hanged Man to be reflective of exactly this "you don't know what you don't know" moment. Here's a dude who has to hang upside down and crosslegged to see things differntly / better. It's not just a transition moment to me, but a perspective shift, and not really one we can always enact for ourselves, but one that has to be imposed on us by the universe or some external source (like reading a book or seeing a movie, or hearing the garbage get picked up -- the Universe is weird and random and often makes use of mundane details because --gosh! -- there are just so many of them). 

Air / Swords / Intelligence can always cut the weilder, and when taken with the (what was it, Hawthorn? I forget now, but you know which one I mean) ten card that represented burnout, I think this is indicative of a new perspective coming to you. I honestly think you've been through a seriously fertile few weeks, and that this lacuna of no-houseguest, no-Dave is exactly what will allow the perspective to percolate. Be easy with yourself. Throw away half-eaten things that were never for you inthe first place; eat good ingredients weirdly mixed; let the adulting happen in spurts and fits as it will. You are grand and the Universe loves you. ❤️ 

More Swords today and yeah, the burnout and “you might cut yourself”-ness of all of this feels very real. I am so weary despite sleeping well and enough and it’s got to be the burnout from Houseguest’s visit combined with the work I am putting in to get my house back in order now that the Houseguest and Dave are both gone. I am managing, but feel like I’d be managing better if I had a week off right now. *lol*

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

My Genesys GM uses World Anvil to document the campaign setting and all the worldbuilding (and it is awesome - I've encountered fantasy writers who could learn from this) and I have noticed that trying to access some of the pages on my phone or chrome book is painful. My working theory is that the world anvil site is horrifically bad at adapting to mobile devices, and that might be what you're running into on the iPad. If that's the case, you might be able to save yourself some headaches by sticking to the computer? :) 

Good to know. I thought it was just my general lack of tech savvy, but maybe not. I will stay on the desktop for now and see if that improves things a bit more. 

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

While it generally is a bad idea to completely ignore most of one's surroundings, there's a peaceful kind of stillness in focusing on that one single metaphorical tree that is standing so close it blocks out everything else. Scrutinize the imaginary bark, touch the non-existing leaves and enjoy the fact that you have a moment to really look closely at something for once. The moment will end, eventually at some point, but until it does, there's nothing wrong with embracing it. 

Thank you. ❤️

Hi Friends,

More Swords this morning (well, Intelligence) - Two of Intelligence, which stands for how our inner monologue causes confusion and we must learn to listen to our heart. I was confused about this as I like to think I am pretty good at listening to my heart. Biddy Tarot (a website I use to look up cards when I want more information) suggests drawing two more clarifying cards when you draw the Two of Swords if you don’t know what is going on. I drew the Ten of Strength (Make sure to speak up, delegate, express yourself) and the Ace of Strength (The source of all creative energy is within you. You have the power to imagine, begin, and complete any project you set your mind to), both of which make me think more of this World Anvil project I am attempting and my hopes/Chantale’s stated intention to help me get all of that data entry taken care of. Hmm.

Ate real food with some Nutella yesterday, so trending in the right direction, Got lots of sleep. Still feeling really weary and burnt out, but going gently is the only solution for that. I Am beyond grateful that Dave is travelling right now so I don’t have the added stimulation of the tv on or other noise during my quiet writing in the mornings. His work advance dropped overnight finally so I was able to restore the buffer to the line of credit and transfer my tip money out of the Chequing account and onto my Visa to cover Joy’s birthday present. Feeling very magpie about stuff, but trying to remember that I can make a lot of what I want. I even have strips of blank washi I bought years ago that I can put my own designs on. I have no idea if the adhesive is still good, but I am going to dig them out of my desk for the Marginalia challenge and see if I can do something with them. 

I am really jamming on the stationery work of Eric Small Things lately and Girl of All Work. I have also been really enjoying Justina Smith‘s art. She is local to me and I have taken a class from her before. She reminds me of a newer, Prairie-focused Group of Seven painter. So good. Felicia Chiao is always amazing. There are so many wonderful artists in the world adding their takes on things. We need this so much right now. 

I hope you see an art piece that buoys your spirits today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 10

Non-scale victory: My jellyfish shirt fits again!!

20240424_100431.thumb.jpg.b70ab4f05a5ea17a7316ff3a7d81cd53.jpg

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 11

41 minutes ago, Laghail said:

the smile and the jelly fish are giving me life!

Same!
I love the jellyfish non-scale win.

Looking forward to Sovalis Washi tape doodles, if that inspiration hits. 

❤️ 

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler