Sovalis and the Cedar Chariot

19 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Good call switching to Pathfinder. My Friday and Sunday games are 5e (Tuesday is 2e) but I am really interested in Critical Role’s Daggerheart system or MCDM’s forthcoming as-yet-unnamed RPG system

It was a coincidence as it happened. We just wanted a change as many had played 5e to death a bit. 2e is not purfect (recommend running with the sorcerer spellcasting on everyone for example. The optional Fatigue points also make the game run smoother. The magic is rather broken and underpowerered)

we have looked at daggerheart too. Right now people are thinking of playing the intro quest to have a go. I have heard interesting things about shadowdark as well. Someone ran a blades in the dark game for a but and that went down well.
i am really waiting for MCDM’s game too. Will be a year and a half min though so much thumb twiddling going to happen til we can try it. 

im with @Harriet on the avoid new furniture + moving combo. Can you get a second hand replacement of facebook or ebay or whatever your country's version of those are  (Craigslist? I have no clue) just to tide you over so you dont feel like you have to ship it across borders?

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3

7 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

we have looked at daggerheart too. Right now people are thinking of playing the into quest to have a go. I havent heard interesting things about shadowdark as well. Someone ran a blades in the dark game for a but and that went down well.
i am really waiting for MCDM’s game too. Will be a year and a half min though so much thumb twiddling going to happen til we can try it. 

My primary TTRPG group is right now playing a system based on Genesys, but the DM and one of the other players are very interested in Daggerheart and are talking about a one-off/play-test session at some point. I'm not against it, I just don't know much about it, (because I keep forgetting to click the links they post in our Discord :D

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

22 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Honestly, it sounds like the universe is willing you to buy the couch. I'm not a fan of accruing debt, but it sounds like the Canex card is the way to go if you do! Plus I bet you can be creative with a stool for Sax - maybe make something with pallet wood or secondhand furniture.

That is what we are thinking, too. 

21 hours ago, Harriet said:

The NHS, with its five a day campaign (or whatever), says beans count but only toward one serving. It's a good a system as any. https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/5-a-day/5-a-day-what-counts/

Hmm. If you are moving to Latvia, how soon will it be? Might not make sense to stock up on furniture. 

Interesting! Thanks, Harriet!

We won’t know if we are going until next Spring quite likely. And this would be replacing the couch and loveseat we already have so it’s a substitution rather than a stock as such. I am less concerned about that part of things because if we go the Army arranges to move our household goods over there for us, so it is expected that we would have furnishings to  furnish any place we rent. 

21 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

It was a coincidence as it happened. We just wanted a change as many had played 5e to death a bit. 2e is not purfect (recommend running with the sorcerer spellcasting on everyone for example. The optional Fatigue points also make the game run smoother. The magic is rather broken and underpowerered)

we have looked at daggerheart too. Right now people are thinking of playing the intro quest to have a go. I have heard interesting things about shadowdark as well. Someone ran a blades in the dark game for a but and that went down well.

im with @Harriet on the avoid new furniture + moving combo. Can you get a second hand replacement of facebook or ebay or whatever your country's version of those are  (Craigslist? I have no clue) just to tide you over so you dont feel like you have to ship it across borders?

I’ve heard really good things about Blades in the Dark. It’s on my list. Bryon just got the book for Candela Obscura as well, so we might try that out in short order, too. MCDM is releasing play test stuff through their Patreon pretty steadily, but I am not subscribed to that any more because I am trying to save my pennies and pay off this debt. So I will wait and twiddle my thumbs as well. *lol*

As I said above, the shipping part of things doesn’t concern me too much as there are policies in place for that kind of thing if we end up getting posted. But thank you. ❤️ 

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

My primary TTRPG group is right now playing a system based on Genesys, but the DM and one of the other players are very interested in Daggerheart and are talking about a one-off/play-test session at some point. I'm not against it, I just don't know much about it, (because I keep forgetting to click the links they post in our Discord :D

I watched the CR one shot for Daggerheart (and their session zero character building stream) and really enjoyed what I saw. I need to watch the “how to play” videos because I am a bit confused about how things in combat work for the DM which is the role I’d be in, but I am excited to give it a go. There are a few things that you’d have to either watch for or have a really mature table to deal with (mature as in seasoned, not necessarily older) like the fact that combat is narrative at this point and there is no initiative order to make sure everyone is getting a turn while it is happening. I really enjoyed that, but I can see it not going well if you have someone at the table who hogs the spotlight, or someone else who struggles to speak up. The crit success system is fun (it’s a two d12 system, so if you get the same number on both dice you crit) but I didn’t notice a crit fail mechanism anywhere (I haven’t read the rules packet deeply yet) which seemed a curious omission. Not necessarily a bad thing, just curious. I enjoy the rolling “with Hope/with Fear” mechanic as far as I understand it, although need  to read up on it more, too. All in all, it’s shiny and I am interested. 

Hi Friends!

Off to a rougher start this morning. Had a very weird dream about being in some gothic version of the university I went to for my undergrad and being unable to access my timetable online so not being able to find my class. Other stuff was also happening that I no longer recall. Felt a lot of stress when I woke up. Plus it was cold in our room (Dave sleeps with the window open and it snowed again last night) so I was reluctant to get out of bed despite a headache and desire for coffee. Just a weird start. Dave decided to leave for work really early today and came in to get dressed. He leaned over me to give me a kiss while I was in bed and Saxon started growling at him. So I sat up and Sax still growled when Dave leaned in again. So I got up and stood and finally got my kiss. Dave was in his uniform while Sax was reacting and that always seems to be the case even though Sax hasn’t growled in a while. To be fair,  I don’t think Dave has leaned over me in a while, either. Sax was a rehome from a military family who were going through a divorce and he gets very possessive of me and reactive when Dave looms over me, especially in uniform. Makes me wonder if there wasn’t some domestic violence going on in his first home because the reaction is very strong. He and Dave seem fine now (the growling reaction never seems to bleed into other reactions. As soon as Dave is no longer over me, Sax relaxes) and Dave has left for work. 

We are out of cream this morning so Dave didn’t make coffee and this did not sit well with me as I was headache-y and kind of whiny. So I asked him to go get me a coffee and bring it home before he went into the office. He agreed. I love that he is willing to do these kinds of things when they (very rarely) happen. We are normally very good about having what we need for coffee in the house - it’s a love language here. But I feel very loved when he takes the time to do these things for me. 

I was successful with no wheat and lots of veggies yesterday. We got Subway for supper and they have a new rice bowl option that I tried and it was a very reasonable thing to eat when you don’t want to have the sub bread. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s nice to know there is another fast food option that isn’t terrible in our tiny town. We played 2e last night (Pete died of poison and I will be unconscious for the next six days while I recover from the same poison - 2e is lethal) and it went well enough. I did eat most of a bag of sour gummies. I think I will need to make sure those aren’t on my side of the screen next time because I am pretty compulsive about gummies and will just tear through them. I definitely snack more when I am a player than when I am the DM. I knew that, but last night affirmed it yet again. I’d kind of forgotten because I haven’t been a player in almost 2 months. 

Today’s card was Mushroom (the Tower) from the Herbcarfter’s Tarot. Themes of transformation, decomposition, recycling, and nourishment as we begin something anew. I like this version of the Tower quite a bit, it’s more nurturing than alarming, at least for me. I will think on that today and see where it takes me. 

Off to do my lifts! I hope that you smell something so delightful and robust today that you can practically taste it. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 10
  • Wow 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

I’ve heard really good things about Blades in the Dark. It’s on my list. Bryon just got the book for Candela Obscura as well, so we might try that out in short order, too. MCDM is releasing play test stuff through their Patreon pretty steadily, but I am not subscribed to that any more because I am trying to save my pennies and pay off this debt. So I will wait and twiddle my thumbs as well. *lol*

I havent played blades in the dark, but the general consensus of the rest of by ttrpg group is it is immensely fun, but structured for a particular kind of game. In the same way shadowrun is for shadowrunning gangs. They felt Blades was kind of built best for law enforcement sort of stories or things like cultists groups. 
candela obscura sounds fun, will have to google. 

maybe wait a while then pay for one months worth of mcdm patron and get a ton of playtest stuff all at once. 

sorry you guys lost a PC. 2e’s poisons, curses and deseases are really lethal (also look out for things that give bleed. We have almost lost multiple players to that playing an undead themed campaign)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Today’s card was Mushroom (the Tower) from the Herbcarfter’s Tarot. Themes of transformation, decomposition, recycling, and nourishment as we begin something anew. I like this version of the Tower quite a bit, it’s more nurturing than alarming, at least for me. I will think on that today and see where it takes me.

I must see a photo of this delightful card! It sounds so cozy compared to the Tower (despite knowing what the Tower truly means).

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

7 hours ago, Sovalis said:

university I went to for my undergrad and being unable to access my timetable online so not being able to find my class

Ugh, this is like a recurring stress dream of mine...that I forgot to attend a class I registered for, can't find the class, can't complete registration, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

23 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am pretty compulsive about gummies and will just tear through them

It's funny how there are some food things and some situations that are just so hard to avoid this happening with... Good for you being aware of it and planning for next time you're 'player'ing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Sorry about the bad dream. I hate bad dreams.Even when you wake up and  know they aren't real, they are hard to shake off.

I will have to check out our Subway to see if they have rice bowls. I knew they had salads. But it was mostly just iceberg lettuce, which is so not filling.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 3/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, Darciana said:

I must see a photo of this delightful card! It sounds so cozy compared to the Tower (despite knowing what the Tower truly means).

I felt the same way, and the best that Google could do was an image spread that includes the Mushroom:
spacer.png

Also, I love that Garlic is Strength. 

❤️ 

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

9 minutes ago, Heidi said:

felt the same way, and the best that Google could do was an image spread that includes the Mushroom

IMG_8265.jpeg.c25780f58eae13a360d1fdc6ea1b1ce6.jpeg

This is the best i can get you without roaming through pintrest.

love the deck art though. So many nice card designs in it. 

• Like 4

On 3/27/2024 at 10:02 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

I havent played blades in the dark, but the general consensus of the rest of by ttrpg group is it is immensely fun, but structured for a particular kind of game. In the same way shadowrun is for shadowrunning gangs. They felt Blades was kind of built best for law enforcement sort of stories or things like cultists groups. 
candela obscura sounds fun, will have to google. 

maybe wait a while then pay for one months worth of mcdm patron and get a ton of playtest stuff all at once. 

sorry you guys lost a PC. 2e’s poisons, curses and deseases are really lethal (also look out for things that give bleed. We have almost lost multiple players to that playing an undead themed campaign)

Yes, my understanding is that it is best as a heist situation set in their particular world. That intimidates me a bit; I run home brew because learning other people’s worlds is challenging for me. I was thinking of doing that with the MCDM play test stuff later on in the year myself. 

I will watch for the bleed mechanic. Sounds nasty. 

On 3/27/2024 at 10:03 AM, Darciana said:

I was going to post one for you, but then others beat me to it. Such a supportive community. ❤️ 

The Tower in a traditional deck is very intimidating, but Mushroom makes it much more accessible in my opinion, although maybe a little closer to the Death card? I would have to look up Death in this deck and see how they differ. 

17 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Ugh, this is like a recurring stress dream of mine...that I forgot to attend a class I registered for, can't find the class, can't complete registration, etc.

It’s no fun.

16 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

( Sneaks in and trips over a bunch of chairs) “following!”

So glad to have you, Snarky!

1 hour ago, Silmarilliane said:

It's funny how there are some food things and some situations that are just so hard to avoid this happening with... Good for you being aware of it and planning for next time you're 'player'ing

Thanks! Hopefully I can get a rein on things!

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about the bad dream. I hate bad dreams.Even when you wake up and  know they aren't real, they are hard to shake off.

I will have to check out our Subway to see if they have rice bowls. I knew they had salads. But it was mostly just iceberg lettuce, which is so not filling.

Definitely. I have been dreaming a lot more since Dave got home, probably because I am not sleeping as deeply as I get used to him being back in the bed. 

I hope they have the rice bowls where you are, I was happy with mine!

41 minutes ago, Heidi said:

I felt the same way, and the best that Google could do was an image spread that includes the Mushroom:
spacer.png

Also, I love that Garlic is Strength. 

❤️

I love that Garlic is Strength, too. Thanks for posting this. I had intended to, but just hadn’t had the time yet. ❤️ 

33 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

IMG_8265.jpeg.c25780f58eae13a360d1fdc6ea1b1ce6.jpeg

This is the best i can get you without roaming through pintrest.

love the deck art though. So many nice card designs in it. 

I really love this deck art. It’s amazing. 

Hi Friends!

I had my first appointment with my new family doctor today and it went so amazingly well. I am beyond satisfied and very excited. Spoiler for brief very general reproductive conversation in case anyone wants to opt of out that: 

Spoiler

My primary concern going in was that my IUD is outdated and really needs to be changed. But more than anything I would like a hysterectomy because I have a very deep seated fear of pregnancy that is impacting my marriage because we are not being intimate as often as we could be because I am so freaked out about getting pregnant (yes, even with the PCOS which is often infertility and even with an IUD which is good quality birth control. I can’t rationalize this fear away, I have tried). The doctor was an amazing listener and gave me a lot of empathy and understanding which is just so wonderful. We had a great conversation about the patriarchy and reproductive rights and holy wow, did I ever make the right call going to her. Long story short we are going to arrange to get my tubes removed and a new IUD put in place which will remove the ability for eggs to get anywhere *and* provide another backup that will calm my brain. I AM SO EXCITED! The new IUD might even be a 10 year one, which would be amazing. They are available in the US right now, we are going to see if they are in Canada yet. FRIENDS THIS IS THE GREATEST THING. AHHHHHHHH! Plus she feels confident we can get it done before a possible Latvia posting, which is also fantastic. 

So yes, much rejoicing. I will have to wait a bit to get the referral all sorted out, but I have been waiting 24 years at this point, a few more months won’t hurt. *finger pointy dance*

We went out for wings last night and I ordered a gluten free meal and it was excellent. I have been disappointed the last few times I have gone to that particular restaurant but last night was good and that was a nice change. Then I got to go home and sit on the new couch and it was so very nice to not be falling into a chesterfield sinkhole! Dave even surprised me with a copy of Super Mario Wonder so I will have some fun playing that this long weekend. This morning was a little different in routine to accommodate my appointment, plus Dave took Saxon to work today for a “Bring your dog to work” thing. I am hella nervous about Sax being there surrounded by a bunch of unfamiliar dogs, but Dave figures as long as I am not around Sax will be fine. Dave might even be right, Sax’s behaviour is often weirder when he needs to protect me. He doesn’t do the same things when he is alone with Dave. So hopefully that goes well. 

Had a protein bar for breakfast and will probably order a gf sandwich for lunch. We have a leftover meal kit for supper if we want to cook, but today is also payday, so Dave might want pizza. I will have to remember that I can get gluten free crust if that is what we do. I think I’d prefer to cook if my feet are feeling up to it. No lifting this morning. I might try to get a little bit in tonight so I can check it off in my Bujo. 

I hope that you get some good news today and that no tags on your clothes irritate you as the day goes on. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 14
  • That's Metal 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

I had my first appointment with my new family doctor today and it went so amazingly well. I am beyond satisfied and very excited. Spoiler for brief very general reproductive conversation in case anyone wants to opt of out that: 

That's fantastic news! Yay for doctors that listen and support your bodily autonomy!

10 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Then I got to go home and sit on the new couch and it was so very nice to not be falling into a chesterfield sinkhole! 

I didn't realize you got it already - awesome! Share pics? 🥺

• Like 4

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Glad the gf regime is going well and you can get good gf options when out locally. 
also that the doctors appointment went so well. Plus the new sofa lived up to expectations, which is super.

15 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

will watch for the bleed mechanic. Sounds nasty

it is really hard to heal. The best we could do was keep topping up peoples hp until the effect timed out. Doable when stuff is less rushed, But in the middle of combat or if your running out of a collapsing cave…not ideal. I was tanking, so could soak the damage mostly, but our monk was rather prone to collapsing from it mid fight. 
but it just keeps going and going after combat, so can be a nightmare on supplies and spells. 

Cant remember if my friend home brewed the setting to some extent or not. I suspect so (as that is his thing). But they where definitely playing law enforcement of some sort. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Reveal hidden contents

My primary concern going in was that my IUD is outdated and really needs to be changed. But more than anything I would like a hysterectomy because I have a very deep seated fear of pregnancy that is impacting my marriage because we are not being intimate as often as we could be because I am so freaked out about getting pregnant (yes, even with the PCOS which is often infertility and even with an IUD which is good quality birth control. I can’t rationalize this fear away, I have tried). The doctor was an amazing listener and gave me a lot of empathy and understanding which is just so wonderful. We had a great conversation about the patriarchy and reproductive rights and holy wow, did I ever make the right call going to her. Long story short we are going to arrange to get my tubes removed and a new IUD put in place which will remove the ability for eggs to get anywhere *and* provide another backup that will calm my brain. I AM SO EXCITED! The new IUD might even be a 10 year one, which would be amazing. They are available in the US right now, we are going to see if they are in Canada yet. FRIENDS THIS IS THE GREATEST THING. AHHHHHHHH! Plus she feels confident we can get it done before a possible Latvia posting, which is also fantastic. 

Congratulations on everything in the spoiler. Especially a doctor who listens and empathizes. That is rare, and you should guard this treasure carefully and get as much out of it as you possibly can.

Spoiler

IUDs are amazing and wonderful. And they should be free to anyone who wants or needs them. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

11 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Congratulations on everything in the spoiler. Especially a doctor who listens and empathizes. That is rare, and you should guard this treasure carefully and get as much out of it as you possibly can.

Reveal hidden contents

IUDs are amazing and wonderful. And they should be free to anyone who wants or needs them. ;) 

I second all of this (though I haven't had the spoiler before, I've heard great things)

• Thanks 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

I'm glad the doc was supportive! It's such a blessing when you get a good one.

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Great news on the spoiler.  It's so hard to find a doctor who will take the time to listen and then to have one that understands as well?  

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I love that Garlic is Strength, too. Thanks for posting this. I had intended to, but just hadn’t had the time yet. ❤️ 

10/10 garlic feels like strength for me too. Did you ever treat tooth pain with garlic? What a punch and it'd burn away the infection for a bit.

Hide contents

Congrats!!!!! Tattoos, piercings, and cochlear implants - modify your body to make your life better!!! 

Had a protein bar for breakfast and will probably order a gf sandwich for lunch. We have a leftover meal kit for supper if we want to cook, but today is also payday, so Dave might want pizza. I will have to remember that I can get gluten free crust if that is what we do. I think I’d prefer to cook if my feet are feeling up to it. No lifting this morning. I might try to get a little bit in tonight so I can check it off in my Bujo. 

Hehe, I am mentally five and I read that as "girlfriend sandwich."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 38 [TBD]

On 3/28/2024 at 1:28 PM, Sovalis said:

Yes, my understanding is that it is best as a heist situation set in their particular world. That intimidates me a bit; I run home brew because learning other people’s worlds is challenging for me. I was thinking of doing that with the MCDM play test stuff later on in the year myself. 

I will watch for the bleed mechanic. Sounds nasty.

A few friends and I are playing a short run of Scum and Villainy which is the SciFi version of Blades in the Dark.  We are lucky enough that one of our D&D members has experience with this TTRPG as a GM for other people.  It’s fun but is definitely different than D&D.  Everything revolves around the heist and then your downtime. But it is also tailored to run in a short session or two and there is no commitment to the characters for the long term.  You can play them as long as you like or swap out for a new one. I like it and it is worth exploring, but may be nice to have someone run a session or two before jumping in.  The rule set is a bit different.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:28 PM, Sovalis said:

So yes, much rejoicing. I will have to wait a bit to get the referral all sorted out, but I have been waiting 24 years at this point, a few more months won’t hurt. *finger pointy dance*

This is fantastic news!  

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

8 hours ago, Sepherina said:

few friends and I are playing a short run of Scum and Villainy which is the SciFi version of Blades in the Dark.  

Can highly recommend dark matter as a good sci fi conversion for 5e. 
we played a whole campighn using it and had a blast. 

• Like 2

Awesome getting a decent conversation with a doctor who gave you a really good outcome 🙌 hope it all goes smoothly for you!

• Like 1

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

On 3/28/2024 at 11:30 AM, Darciana said:

They're all so beautiful!

I know! This deck is stunning. What a passion project. 

On 3/28/2024 at 11:39 AM, athousandwords said:

That's fantastic news! Yay for doctors that listen and support your bodily autonomy!

I didn't realize you got it already - awesome! Share pics? 🥺

Can do!

20240330_085821.thumb.jpg.fb579eda275065f81acc19111c8c1ec7.jpg

20240330_085800.thumb.jpg.7a0cb505659f77cece5d958a38d3f2ef.jpg

On 3/28/2024 at 11:48 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Glad the gf regime is going well and you can get good gf options when out locally. 
also that the doctors appointment went so well. Plus the new sofa lived up to expectations, which is super.

it is really hard to heal. The best we could do was keep topping up peoples hp until the effect timed out. Doable when stuff is less rushed, But in the middle of combat or if your running out of a collapsing cave…not ideal. I was tanking, so could soak the damage mostly, but our monk was rather prone to collapsing from it mid fight. 
but it just keeps going and going after combat, so can be a nightmare on supplies and spells. 

Cant remember if my friend home brewed the setting to some extent or not. I suspect so (as that is his thing). But they where definitely playing law enforcement of some sort. 

The gf regime took at hit yesterday at Easter Brunch (there were waffles which I rarely get to have and I love them), but I am feeling decent this morning and my weight is “only” up a pound or so, so hopefully dialling things back again helps things. I hope this “special occasion only” method isn’t terrible for me in the long term…

Yeah, that sounds less than ideal in a combat situation. Yikes. 

Cool.

On 3/28/2024 at 8:34 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Reveal hidden contents

I will definitely guard this treasure and keep her in coffee. Lol

On 3/29/2024 at 8:20 AM, Darciana said:

I second all of this (though I haven't had the spoiler before, I've heard great things)

Thank you!

On 3/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Harriet said:

I'm glad the doc was supportive! It's such a blessing when you get a good one.

It really is. I am so relieved. 

On 3/29/2024 at 11:19 AM, Shello said:

Great news on the spoiler.  It's so hard to find a doctor who will take the time to listen and then to have one that understands as well?  

Absolutely! I am feeling so fortunate. 

On 3/29/2024 at 11:26 AM, Laghail said:

10/10 garlic feels like strength for me too. Did you ever treat tooth pain with garlic? What a punch and it'd burn away the infection for a bit.

Congrats!!!!! Tattoos, piercings, and cochlear implants - modify your body to make your life better!!! 

Hehe, I am mentally five and I read that as "girlfriend sandwich."

I am all about body modification for life improvement. Most of my adjustments are pharmaceutical but I am definitely in the “make it better” camp.

I wish I had a girlfriend sandwich!

On 3/29/2024 at 5:59 PM, Sepherina said:

A few friends and I are playing a short run of Scum and Villainy which is the SciFi version of Blades in the Dark.  We are lucky enough that one of our D&D members has experience with this TTRPG as a GM for other people.  It’s fun but is definitely different than D&D.  Everything revolves around the heist and then your downtime. But it is also tailored to run in a short session or two and there is no commitment to the characters for the long term.  You can play them as long as you like or swap out for a new one. I like it and it is worth exploring, but may be nice to have someone run a session or two before jumping in.  The rule set is a bit different.

This is fantastic news!  

That sounds really fun. 

Thank you!

On 3/30/2024 at 2:12 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Can highly recommend dark matter as a good sci fi conversion for 5e. 
we played a whole campighn using it and had a blast. 

Awesome. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

Awesome getting a decent conversation with a doctor who gave you a really good outcome 🙌 hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Thanks, Silmarilliane!

Hi Friends!

I had such a great Easter weekend. Dave and I played a LOT of D&D and did a lot of prep (map making, painting minis, etc.) and it was so fun and rewarding. I am very glad we didn’t just default into spending the weekend in front of the TV as often happens. It was the first time I have painted in a few months and I was reminded how much I enjoy doing it. I definitely want to get back to it on a more regular basis. Our Wednesday nights are supposed to be paint nights but I got away from that while Dave was away. Often Martin would still come over but we would visit instead of painting. Nothing wrong with that, but I certainly got farther away from painting than I’d intended to. Plus it made me feel good to be using the painting supplies that I’ve been accruing as part of my “do things rather than spend money” goals.  

20240329_174434.thumb.jpg.3966725abde36cb6ab6019fcbff404c0.jpg

Did well with the no wheat until yesterday when Nicole and Bryon had us over for the day and served waffles for breakfast. I cannot resist waffles and don’t get them often because Dave doesn’t like them so we don’t make them at home. So I had a feast and it was fantastic. My hands are feeling okay so far today so hopefully I didn’t overdo it. I did not do any significant exercise or lifting all weekend and that was okay with me. I am back to work and such now (Dave is off this week for Spring Break) so I’ll be getting my NEAT movement in.

We found out last night that a friend of Dave’s bought plane tickets to surprise him for his upcoming birthday and will be showing up on Wednesday. I admit, I wasn’t happy to be told that they were coming rather than being asked if they *could* come. My nose is pretty out of joint, but I am working on getting over it. My card for today was about playful joy and I think it was telling me I need to get over it and just adapt. Said friend could be staying as late as the 20th, but Dave doesn’t think they will be only here for the entire trip. I am bracing myself for them to not leave, but I hope they aren’t here for more than a week or so. That is a long time to have an unexpected houseguest. We weren’t banking on the added cost of another person’s food or gas for pick-up/return trips to the city (gas just went up here and the city is a 400 km round trip) and things are a little tight right now. Argh.

Anyway, enough complaining. I am off to get ready for work. Need to stop at the pharmacy to get my meds before work this morning, too, so that will be my “adulting” task for the day out of the way. I hope that you get to ease into the week and still check off a needful task today. Thanks for being here. ❤️   

• Like 10
  • Wow 2
  • That's Metal 3

I bought a waffle iron so I could make gf waffles, because a life without waffles was just too sad.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27